- Volume 32 Issue 7
In this study, the dynamic unstable phenomenon and critical load variation of the spatial truss under the beating-wave load were researched. For this purpose, a non-linear governing equation of a shallow spatial truss was derived. In addition, a dynamic analysis and a characteristic analysis of the buckling phenomenon were conducted using the numerical method. The analysis model was selected considering the number of free nodes and the rise-span ratio, and the response to the periodic parameter that determines the period of the beating function was analyzed. To compare the results, a analysis for the step load and sinusoidal-wave load were also conducted. Resonance was observed in the analysis results for both the sinusoidal-wave load and the beating-wave load. The patterns of critical load level were similar in the area lower than the natural frequency, but they were different in the area above it. Furthermore, the critical level of the beating-wave load changed more sensitively than the sinusoidal-wave load did and was much lower than the step load.
- Ario, I. (2004). Homoclinic bifurcation and chaos attractor in elastic two-bar truss. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 39(4), 605-617. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7462(03)00002-7
- Barrio, R., Blesa, F., & Lara, M. (2005). VSVO formulation of the Taylor method for the numerical solution of ODEs. Computers & mathematics with Applications, 50, 93-111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.camwa.2005.02.010
- Bi, Q., & Dai, H. (2000). Analysis of non-linear dynamics and bifurcations of a shallow arch subjected to periodic excitation with internal resonance, Journal of Sound and Vibration. 233(4), 557-571.
- Blair, K., Krousgrill, C., & Farris, T. (1996). Non-linear dynamic response of shallow arches to harmonic forcing. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 194(3), 353-367. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1996.0363
- Blendez, A., & Hernandez, T. (2007). Application of He's homotopy perturbation method to the doffing-harmonic oscillator. International Journal of Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 8(1), 79-88.
- Budiansky, B., & Roth, R. (1962). Axisymmetric dynamic buckling of clamped shallow spherical shells; Collected papers on instability of shells structures. NASA TN D-1510, Washington DC, 597-606.
- Bulenda, Th., & Knippers, J. (2001). Stability of grid shells, Computers and Structures, 79, 1161-1174 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(01)00011-6
- Chen, J., & Lin, J. (2006). Stability of a shallow arch with one end moving at constant speed. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 41(5), 706-715. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2006.04.004
- Chen, J., Ro, W. & Lin, J. (2009). Exact static and dynamic critical loads of a sinusoidal arch under a point force at the midpoint. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 44(1), 66-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2008.08.006
- Choong, K. K., & Hangai, Y. (1993). Review on methods of bifurcation analysis for geometrically nonlinear structures, Bulletin of the IASS, 34(112), 133-149.
- Chowdhury, M., & Hashim, I. (2008). Analytical solutions to heat transfer equations by homotopy perturbation method revisited. Physics Letters A, 372, 1240-1243. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2007.09.015
- Chowdhury, M., Hashim, I., & Abdulaziz, O. (2007). Application of homotopy perturbation method to nonlinear population dynamics models. Physics Letters A, 368, 251-258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physleta.2007.04.007
- Eftekhari, S. A. (2016). Differential quadrature procedure for in-plane vibration analysis of variable thickness circular arches traversed by a moving point load, Applied Mathematical Modelling, In Press, doi:10.1016/j.apm.2015.11.046 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2015.11.046
- Gutman, S., Ha, J., & Lee, S. (2013). Parameter identification for weakly damped shallow arches. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 403(1), 297-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmaa.2013.02.047
- Ha, J. H., Gutman, S., Shon, S. D., & Lee, S. J. (2014). Stability of shallow arches under constant load. International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics, 58, 120-127. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2013.08.004
- He, J. (1999). Homotopy perturbation technique. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 178, 257-262. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7825(99)00018-3
- Kim, S., Kang, M., Kwun, T., & Hangai, Y. (1997). Dynamic instability of shell-like shallow trusses considering damping. Computers and Structures, 64, 481-489. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(96)00141-1
- Lacarbonara, W., & Rega, G. (2003). Resonant nonlinear normal modes-part2: activation/ orthogonality conditions for shallow structural systems. International Journal of Non-linear Mechanics, 38, 873-887. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7462(02)00034-3
- Lin, J., & Chen, J. (2003). Dynamic snap-through of a laterally loaded arch under prescribed end motion. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 40, 4769-4787. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(03)00181-1
- Lopez, A., Puente, I., & Serna, M.A. (2007). Numerical model and experimental tests on single-layer latticed domes with semi-rigid joints. Computers and Structures, 85, 360-374. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2006.11.025
- Shon, S., Kim, S., Lee, S., & Kim, J. (2011). A study on the critical point and bifurcation according to load mode of dome-typed space frame structures. Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, 11(1), 121-130. https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2011.11.1.121
- Shon, S., Ha, J., & Lee, S. (2012). Nonlinear dynamic analysis of space truss by using multistage homotopy perturbation method. Journal of Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 22(9), 879-888. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.9.879
- Shon, S., & Lee, S. (2013). Critical load and effective buckling length factor of dome-typed space frame accordance with variation of member rigidity. Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, 13(1), 87-96. https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2013.13.1.087
- Shon, S., Lee, S., Ha, J., & Cho, G. (2015). Semi-analytic solution and stability of a space truss using a multi-step Taylor series method. Materials, 8(5), 2400-2414. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma8052400
- Shon, S., Lee, S., & Lee, K. (2013). Characteristics of bifurcation and buckling load of space truss in consideration of initial imperfection and load mode. Journal of Zhejiang University-SCIENCE A, 14(3), 206-218. https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.A1200114
- Hwang, K., Lee, S., & Shon, S. (2015). Buckling load of single-layered lattice roof structure considering asymmetric snow load. Journal of the Korean Association for Spatial Structures, 15(3), 43-49. https://doi.org/10.9712/KASS.2015.15.3.043
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단