- Volume 65 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on RCM Approach to Catenary System of Electric Railway
전기철도 가공전차선로의 신뢰성 기반 유지보수(RCM)에 관한 연구
- Youn, Eung-Kyu ;
- Choi, Kyu-Hyoung (Dept. of Railway Electrical & Signaling Engineering, Seoul National University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2016.05.18
- Accepted : 2016.06.28
- Published : 2016.08.01
A RCM approach to maintenance of the catenary system of electric railway is proposed. The proposed RCM approach provides a maintenance-oriented FMECA procedure to derive critical failure modes by analyzing failure effects and a RCM decision logic tree to suggest optimal maintenance works for the derived failure modes. By applying the proposed RCM procedures to the catenary system of high speed railway, it is suggested that strand breaks of dropper and voltage equalizing wire, and trolly wire wear-out are the critical failure modes for whom maintenance works based on condition monitoring should be applied instead of conventional time-based preventive maintenance. It is also proposed by reliability analysis that replacement time of dropper can be reduced from 18 years to 10 years. These results show that the proposed RCM approach can optimize the maintenance procedures of catenary system.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- R. J. Hill, "Electric Railway Traction : Part 3 Traction Power Supplies", Power Engineering Journal, pp. 275-286, 1994.
- J. Moubray, Introduction to Reliability-Centered Maintenance, Industrial Press Inc., 1997.
- SeokYun Han, "A Study on Reliability Centered Maintenance of AGT Vehicle System", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 271-277, 2004.
- YangHa Yu, "Reliability Centered Rolling-stock Maintenance methods(RCRM)", Chungnam National University, PhD thesis, pp. 32-35, 2014.
- SeokKyun Shin, "A Study on the Analysis of the Reliability and the Safety to Apply RCM to Railway System", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, vol. 9, No. 6. 2006.
- HyeongCheol Kim, "The Evaluation of Inspection Period based on Reliability in Railway Traction Power Systems", Trans. of the KIEE, vol. 62, No.8, pp.1177-1183, 2013.
- Korea Railroad Corporation, "'Power Train Maintenance Enforcement Regulations", March 2015.
- EungKyu Youn and Kyu-Hyoung Choi, "A Study on Reliability Analysis of Electric Railway Catenary System using FMECA", Trans. of the KIEE, vol. 64, No.11, pp. 1618-1625, 2015.
- MIL-STD-1629A, "Procedures for Performing a Failure Mode and Effects and Criticality Analysis", DOD, 1980.
- IEC-60812, Analysis Techniques for System Reliability-Procedure for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), IEC, 2001.
- Onodera Katzshige, Practical FMEA Techniques for global standards, Japan Science and Technology Association, pp.113-125, 2005.
- Korea Rail Network Authority, "Accounting Enforcement Regulations", asterisk 2, 2015. 2. 24.
- Sun-Geun Seo, Minitab Reliability Analysis, EraeTech, pp. 157-161, 2005.