- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Advanced Fault Locating for Short Fault of a Double Circuit Transmission Line
병행 2회선 송전선로의 선간단락시 고장점 표정의 개선에 관한 연구
- Park, Yu-Yeong (Gangnueng-Wonju National University) ;
- Park, Chul-Won (Gangnueng-Wonju National University)
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.11.24
- Published : 2016.01.31
Fault locating is an important element to minimize the damage of power system. The computation error of fault locator may occur by the influence of the DC offset component during phasor extraction. In order to minimize the bad effects of DC offset component, this paper presents an improved fault location algorithm based on a DC offset removal filter for short fault in a double circuit transmission line. We have modeled a 154kV double circuit transmission line by the ATP software to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed fault locating algorithm. The line to line short faults were simulated and then collected simulation data was used. It can be seen that the error rate of fault locating estimation by the proposed algorithm decreases than the error rate of fault locating estimation by conventional algorithm.
Supported by : 학연공동기업부설연구소
- C.W. Park, S.R. Kim, M.C. Shin, "Fault Location Algorithm with Ground Capacitance Compensation for Long Parallel Transmission Line", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. 163-170, 2005. 12.
- A.T. Johns, M.A. Martin, "Fundamental Digital Approach to the Distance Protection of E.H.V. Transmission Lines", Proceedings of IEE, Vol. 125, No. 5, pp. 377-384, 1978. 5.
- S.H. Kang, J.G. Park, "A New Ultra High Speed Distance Relaying Method Using Travelling Wave Technique", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 40, No. 12, pp. 1203-1210, 1991. 12.
- K.H. Park, G.W. Lee, C.W. Park, C.H. Kim, M.C. Shin, "A Study on the Digital Distance Relaying Algorithm based on Arithmetic Fourier Transform Filter", 1995 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 471-475, 1995. 7.
- C.W. Park, H.W. Yoon, "A Study on Accurate Phasor Extraction Using a New Offset Elimination Filter", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 27, No. 7, pp. 29-36, 2013. 7.
- C.W. Park, "Advanced DC Offset Removal Filter of High-order Configuration", Trans. on KIEE, Vol. 62P, No. 1, pp. 12-17, 2013. 3.
- C.W. Park, K.D. Yoon et al., "Development of Fault Locator for T/L using Synchophasor", Final Report for Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, pp. 1-90, 2015. 12.
- C.W. Park, W.H. Ban, T.P. An, "Real-time Test using IED based on DSP 6713 of Advanced DC-offset Elimination Filter", 2013 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 584-585, 2013. 7.
- D.G. Lee, S.H. Kang, "Distance Relaying Algorithm Using a DFT-based Modified Phasor Estimation Method", Trans. on KIEE, Vol. 59, No. 8, pp. 1360-1365, 2010. 8.
- S.W. Lee, B.N. Ha, "A Using Study for Fault Locator Algorithm of Distribution System", 2009 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 74-76, 2009. 7.
- G.H. Park, S.H. Kang, S.I. K, J.H Shin, "A Fault Location Algorithm Using Adaptively Estimated Local Source Impedance for a Double-Circuit Transmission Line System", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 61, No. 3, pp. 373-379, 2012. 3.
- Y.W. Jang, W.H. Kim, S.S. Han, "Fault Location Calculation using Improved NVP Model", 2004 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 21-23, 2004. 7.
- Y.J. Ahn, S.H. Kang, M.S. Choi, S.J. Lee, "Current Distribution Factor Based Fault Location Algorithms for Double-Circuit Transmission Lines", Trans. KIEE, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 146-152, 2001. 3.
- Seok-Jun Chang, "Analysis of the response of a distance relay considering the errors of line Impedance", 2012 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 438-439, 2012. 7.
- J.S. Kang, J.J. Yang, "Effects on Distance Protection by Changing Parallel Transmission Line Operation Mode and Zero Sequence Current", 2014 KIEE, Power System Protection & Automation Research Group, Spring Conference, pp. 27-30, 2014. 4.
- IEEE Std. C37.113-1999, "IEEE Guide for Protective Relay Applications to Transmission Lines", pp. 55-57, 1999.
- IEEE Std. PC37.113/D5.2, "IEEE Draft Guide for Protective Relay Applications to Transmission Lines", pp. 1-155, 2011.
- IEEE Std. C37.114TM-2014, "IEEE Guide for Determining Fault Location on AC Transmission and Distribution Lines", pp. 1-76, 2014.