- Volume 38 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study of Benefit Characteristics for Low Impact Development (LID) Facilities demonstrated in Seoul Metropolitan
서울시 저영향개발(LID) 시범 시설에 대한 편익 특성 연구
- Lee, Seung Won (Environmental and Plant Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Reeho (Environmental and Plant Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2015.12.09
- Accepted : 2016.03.14
- Published : 2016.06.30
Seoul metropolitan has established a vision as 'Healthy water-cycle city' to resolve urban water-environmental deterioration. And it established administrative structure to expand Low Impact Development (LID) facilities to recover aggravated water-cycle and water-environment. Therefore, various LID facilities are constructed and operated, however, benefit analytic plans for systematic valuation are insufficient. In this study, to analyze economic, environmental and social benefits of LID facilities, contents for benefit analysis were selected and categorized as water, energy, air quality and climate changes. As a result of quantification and valuation to the beneficial effects, LID facilities showed the total benefit as 1,191~3,292 won/yr. Characteristics of benefit distribution by analysis contents were various reflecting functional characteristics of each LID facility (Water: 30~90%, Energy: 4~44%, Air quality: <1~2%, Climate change: 5~22%). As a result of Triple Bottom Line analysis, economic benefit showed the greatest portion as 75~90%. As further studies, suggested benefit assessment plans for each LID facility should be applied to inter-connected LID systems on complex-scaled area, and synergy effects by various LID systems would be evaluated such as prevention of heat island and flood disasters.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Suh, J. H. and Lee, I. K., "The Water Circulation Improvement of Apartment Complex by applying LID Technologies: Focused on the Application of Infiltration Facilities," J. KILA, 41(5), 68-77(2013).
- Center for Neighborhood Technology, "The value of green infrastructure,"(2010).
- United Sates Environmental Protection Agency, "Reducing Stormwater Costs through Low Impact Development Strategies and Practices,"(2007).
- Center for Neighborhood Technology, "Integrating Valuation Methods to Recognize Green Infrastructure's Multiple Benefits,"(2010).
- Park K. H., Hwang Y. W. and Namkung E., "Development of Triple Bottom Line Integrated Model for Sustainable Construction," J. Korean Soc. Environ. Eng., 29(4), 36-376(2007).
- Center for Neighborhood Technology, "Benefits Details,": Green Values Calculator, http://greenvalues.cnt.org/national/ benefits_detail.php#reduced-treatment(2009).
- The Ministry of Environment in Korea, "Statistics of sewerage," (2014).
- Korea Meteorological Administration, "Annual climatological report,"(2014).
- Korea Electric Power Cooperation Home Page, http://home.kepco.co.kr/kepco/main.do(2015).
- Clark, C., Adriaens, P. and Talbot, F. B., "Green Roof Valuation: A Probabilistic Economic Analysis of Environmental Benefits," Environ. Sci. Technol., 42, 2155-2161(2008). https://doi.org/10.1021/es0706652
- Korea Gas Cooperation Home Page, http://www.kogas.or.kr/(2015).
- Electric Power Research Institute, "U.S. Electricity Consumption for Water Supply & Treatment-the Next Half Century," (2002).
- United States Department of Agriculture, "Midwest Community Tree Guide: Benefits, Costs, and Strategic Planting,"(2006).
- Currie, B. and Bass, B., "Estimates of air pollution mitigation with green plants and green roofs using the UFORE model," Urban Ecosyst., 11, 409-422(2008). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11252-008-0054-y
- United Sates Environmental Protection Agency, "eGRIDweb." United States Total Emissions Profile Data, http://cfpub.epa.gov/egridweb/view_us.cfm(2005).
- Yellen, J., "CRA Report,"(1998).
- Getter, K., Rowe, D. B., Robertson, G. P., Cregg, B. M. and Andresen, J. A., "Carbon Sequestration Potential of Extensive Green Roofs," Environ. Sci. Technol., 43, 7564-7570(2009). https://doi.org/10.1021/es901539x
- United Sates Environmental Protection Agency, "Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases,"(2009).