- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Public Information Quality, Customer Value and their Effects on Satisfaction of SMEs
공공정보의 품질, 고객가치 및 만족도에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.04.20
- Accepted : 2016.06.24
- Published : 2016.08.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the factors which affect the customer value and satisfaction of public information services used by the researchers in SMEs(small-and-medium size enterprises). The results, based on statistical analyses of a survey conducted in Korea are as follows; 1) the customer value is positively influenced by the service quality; 2) the customer value, in turn, is positively associated with the customer satisfaction; 3) information needs moderate the relationship between service quality and customer value but does not moderate the relationship between the customer value and satisfaction.Our findings propose the importance of the service quality and the effort to maximize the information customer values.
Information Quality;Customer Value;Satisfaction;Information Needs
- V. A. Zeithaml, Consumer Perceptions of Price, Quality, and Value: A Means-End Model and Synthesis of Evidence," Journal of Marketing, Vol.52, pp.2-22, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- P. G. Patterson and R. A. Spreng, "Modeling the relationship between perceived value, satisfaction and repurchase intentions in a business-business, services context: an empirical examination," International Journal of Service Industry Management, 1997(8).
- WangYonggui,, Hing-Po Lo and Yongheng Yang,"An integrated framework for service quality, customer value, satisfaction: Evidence from China's Telecommunication Industry," Information Systems Frontiers, Vol.6, No.4, pp.325-340, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:ISFI.0000046375.72726.67
- Z. Yang and R. T. Peterson, "Customer Perceived Value, Satisfaction, and Loyalty: The Role of Switching Costs," Psychology & Marketing, Vol.21, No.10, pp.799-822, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20030
- P. Doyle, Marketing Management and Strategy, 3rd edn. Financial Times Prentice Hall:Harlow, 2002.
- P. Kotler, Marketing Management, 11th edn., Prentice Hall: Upper saddle River, 2003.
- C. Liao, P. Palvia, and J. L. Chen, "Information Technology Adoption Behavior Life Cycle: Toward a Technology Continuance Theory (TCT)," International Journal of Information Management, Vol.29, No.4, pp.309-320, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2009.03.004
- E. W. Anderson, C. Fornell, and D. R. Lehman, "Customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability: findings from Sweden," Journal of Marketing, Vol.58, pp.53-66, 1994.
- Gary Warnaby and Jill Finney, "Creating customer value in the not-for-profit sector: A case study of the British Library," Int. J. Nonprofit Volunt. Sect. Mark. Vol.10, pp.183-195, 1994.
- H. M. Oh, "Service quality, customer satisfaction, and customer value: Aholistic perspective," Hospitality Management, Vol.18, pp.67-82, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0278-4319(98)00047-4
- Z. Chen and Alan J. Dubinsky, "A Conceptual Model of Perceived Customer Value in E-Commerce: A Preliminary Investigation," Psychology & Marketing, Vol.20, No.4, pp.323-347, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10076
- W. H. DeLone and E. R. McLean, "Information systems success: the quest for the dependent variable," Information systems research, Vol.3, No.1, pp.60-95, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- P. B. Seddon, "A respecification and extension of the DeLone and McLean model of IS success," Information systems research, Vol.8, pp.240-253, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.3.240
- P. G. Patterson and R. A. Spreng, "Modeling the relationship between perceived value, satisfaction and repurchase intentions in a business-business, services context: an empirical examination," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.8, pp.414-434, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239710189835
- Y. S. Wang, "Assessing e-commerce systems success: a respecification and validation of the DeLone and McLean model of IS success," Info Systems J. Vol.18, pp.529-557, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2575.2007.00268.x
- A. Rai, S. S. Lang, and R. B. Welker, "Assessing the validity of IS success model: a empirical test and theoretical analysis," Information Systems Research, Vol.13, pp.50-69, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.126.96.36.199
- P. Thomas and D. Hwaking, "Evaluation by Comparing Results Sets in Context. In Proceedings of the conference on information and knowledge management(CIKM)," Arlington Verginia, USA : ACM. pp.94-101, 2002.
- D. S. Johnson, F. Bardhi, and D. T. Dunn, "Understanding How Technology Paradoxes Affect Customer Satisfaction with Self-Service Technology : The Role of Performance Ambiguity and Trust in Technology," Psychology & Marketing, Vol.25, No.5, pp.416-443, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20218
- A. Bryman and D. Cramer, Quantitative Data Analysis: with SPSS Release 8 for Windows A Guide for Social Scientists, Routledge: London and New York, 1999.
- S. Turpin and W. Hersh, Why batch and user evaluationsdo not give the same results?, In Proceedings of the annual international ACM SIGIR conference on research and development in information retrieval, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States ACM, pp.225-231, 2001.
- Li Xiao and Subhasish Dasgupta, "MEASUREMENT OF USER SATISFACTION WITH WEB-BASED INFORMATION SYSTEMS:AN EMPIRICAL STUDY," - Eighth Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2002.
- Li Xiao, Subhasish Dasgupta, and Maarten Gelderman, "The relation between user satisfaction, usage of information systems and performance," Information & Management, Vol.34, No.1, pp.11-18, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(98)00044-5
- L. Y. Cheng, C. C. Yang, and H. M. Teng, "An Integrated Model for Customer Relationship, Management: An Analysis and Empirical Study," Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing & Service Industries, Vol.2, No.12, pp.1-20, 2011.
- R. Bose and V. Sugumaran,"Application of Knowledge Management Technology in Customer Relationship Management," Knowledge and Process Hanagement, Vol.10, No.1, pp.3-17, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/kpm.163
- Z. Chen and Alan J. Dubinsky, "A. Conceptual Model of Perceived Customer Value in E-Commerce: A Preliminary Investigation. Psychology & Marketing," Vol.20, No.4, pp.323-347, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10076
- A. Parasuraman and D. Grewal, "The impact of technology on the quality-value-loyalty chain: a research agenda," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.28, pp.168-174, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281015
- N. Flynn, Public Sector Management, Financial Times Prentice Hall: Harlow, 2002.
- D. Brown and S. Florella, Influence Marketing, Indianapolis: Que Publishing, 2013.
- D. Chapman and T. Cowdell, New Public Sector Marketing, Financial Times Pitman Publishing: London, 1998.
- R. W. Belk, "Situational Variables and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Vol.2, pp.157-164, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1086/208627
- M. D. Bunn, "Taxonomy of Buying Decision Approaches," The Journal of Marketing, Vol.57, No.1, pp.38-56, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252056
- W. B. Dodds, K. B. Monroe, and D. Grewal "Effect of Price, Brand, and Store Information on Buyer's Product Evaluation," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.28, pp.307-319, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172866