- Volume 16 Issue 8
This study aimed to find effective policies to cope with low birth rate in local authorities. It was analyzed the variables-a number of child-care facilities, paid parental leave, labor force participation, and total working hours-using panel analysis from 2005 to 2014. The results were as follows. First, after testing the whole years, we found that the fittest model was the fixed-effects model of 2 models(fixed-effects model, random effects model). A number of child-care facilities had positive effects, and a number of child-care facilities, and total working hours in women influenced negative effects on total fertility rate. Second, during the former time and the period of plan for low birth rate and aging society, a number of child-care facilities influenced negative effects on total fertility rate. Third, a number of child-care facilities had negative effects on total fertility rate in Busan, Daegu, and Kwangju. Paid parental leave influenced positively on total fertility rate in 5 cities and a province. Women's total working hours were a significant variable of total fertility rate in Jeju. This study found that the variables which influenced on total fertility rate were different by local authorities, and a number of child-care facilities and paid parental leave were very important variables on total fertility rate.
Total Fertility Rate;Child-care Facility;Paid Parental Leave;Labor Force Participation;Total Working Hours
- Eurostat, Europe in figure, Eurostat yearbook, 2012.
- 한국노동연구원, 저출산 극복을 위한 일가정양립 방안 연구, 노동부, 2009.
- J. Sleebos, "Low fertility rates in OECD countries: Facts and policy responses," OECD labour market and social policy occupational papers, No.15.
- 이충환, 출산장려정책 활성화에 따른 효과성 분석: 전국 기초자치단체를 대상으로 한 실증분석, 건국대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2012.
- 정성호, "저출산정책의 효과성에 관한 연구," 한국인구학, 제35권, 제1호, pp.31-52, 2012.
- D. Del Boca, "Low fertility and labour force participation of Italian women: evidence and interpretation," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers, No.61, pp.1-27, 2002.
- F. G. Castle, "The world turned upside down: Below replacement fertility, changing preferences and family-friendly public policy in 21 OECD Countries," Journal of European Social Policy, Vol.13, No.3, pp.209-227, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/09589287030133001
- K. Brewster and R. Rindfuss, "Fertility and women's employment in industrialized countries," Annual review of sociology, Vol.26, pp.271-296, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.soc.26.1.271
- 조명덕, "저출산, 고령사회의 원인 및 경제적 효과분석," 사회보장연구, 제26권, 제1호, pp.1-31, 2010.
- 김두섭, 차승은, 송유진, 천희란, 김정석, "저출사회의 결혼.자녀양육과 가족생활연구," 한국보건사회연구원, 2007.
- J. M. Hoem, P. Alexia, and N. Gerda, "Autonomy or conservative adjustment? The effect of public policies and educational attainment on third births in Austria," MPIDR WORKING PAPER WP 2001-016, JUNE 200. 2001.
- 한국경제연구원, "저출산의 해법, 유럽에서 배운다," 지속가능 성장을 위한 VIP리포트, 제14권, 제13호, pp.1-21, 2014.
- 정경비, "여성고용률과 출산율 국제비교, 노동리뷰," 제114권, pp.75-77, 2014.
- 안현미, 일과 가족생활 양립의 정책 성격에 관한 한국, 일본, 스웨덴의 비교연구, 중앙대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2010.
- 나진구, 가족친화적 정책이 출산율에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 중앙대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2009.
- 이문숙, "프랑스의 저출산 문제 해소 요인," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.16, No.1, pp.558-567, 2016.
- 국가통계포털, KOSIS.