- Volume 16 Issue 8
The purpose of this study is to provide PR campaign strategies for revitalization of reading culture that are pertinent to Korean situation through analyzing successful international PR campaign cases of advanced countries in reading. For analyzing successful international PR campaign cases for revitalizing reading culture, this study selected four international PR campaign cases from Europe, North America, South America, and Oceania. In addition, this study analyzed the goals and objectives, strategies and tactics, and strengths and weaknesses of the selected PR campaigns in order to draw a way for establishing effective PR campaign strategies for expanding social support about reading culture and diffusing reading culture. According to the findings of this study, the selected PR campaigns are maximizing PR effect by getting attentions of news media and public through using unique and ingenious ideas, and utilizing convenience for public to participate PR campaign easily as a main PR strategy. Furthermore, the selected PR campaigns are improving public's participation in the PR campaign by targeting readers who usually like reading as a main target audience, and maximizing public's participation in the PR campaign by using interesting elements that are attracting attentions from the public.
Reading Culture;PR Campaign;Revitalization of Reading;Public
- M. Y. Park, "The revitalization of public library reading through special quality service program development," Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, Vol.38, No.1, pp.315-339, 2007.
- Y. O. Han, J. A. Kim, and M. A. Cho, "A study on the implementation strategy for the national year of reading in Korea," Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, Vol.42, No.3, pp.127-148, 2011.
- 박동숙, 이경숙, 정수영, 글로벌 읽기문화 프로젝트: 신문읽기문화 진흥 실태조사 및 읽기문화 진흥방안 연구, 한국언론진흥재단 지정주제연구보고서 2010-13, 2010.
- 고종호, 정혜승, "대학도서관 독서교육에 관한 사례 연구: 조선대학교 도서관 독서진흥프로그램을 중심으로," 사대도협회지, 제12집, pp.23-41, 2012.
- M. S. Lee, "A study on the events of public library for reading development," Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, Vol.39, No.1, pp.409-429, 2008. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.39.1.200803.409
- 문화체육관광부, 2009년 국민독서 실태조사, 서울: 한국출판연구소, 2009.
- S. N. Kim, "A study on strategies for activating book-reading environment: On the basis of in-depth interviews of expertise groups," Journal of the Institute of Bibliography, Vol.51, pp.417-444, 2012.
- I. J. Ahn and M. Y. Park, "Public library multi-cultural programs and improvement methods analyzed from case studies," Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, Vol.45, No.3, pp.279-301, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2011.45.3.279