- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Influences of Social Support and Social Stigma on Quality of Life of HIV Infected People : Mediating Effect of Hope
HIV 감염인의 사회적 지지, 사회적 낙인이 삶의 질에 미치는 영향 : 희망의 매개효과
- Received : 2016.04.20
- Accepted : 2016.06.04
- Published : 2016.08.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the mediating effect of hope relationships among social support, social stigma and quality of life. It was conducted to measure social support, social stigma, hope and quality of life from 197 HIV-infected people. Data collection was carried out through one-on-one interviews by counselling nurse. The mediating effect was analyzed through Structure Equation Model using AMOS 21.0 program and indirect effect was analyzed by bootstrapping method. As a result of analysis, first, social support had a significant positive effect on quality of life. But social stigma had a significant negative effect on quality of life. Second, social support had a significant positive effect on hope. But social stigma had a significant negative effect on hope. Third, hope had significant mediating effect within the influence of social support and social stigma on quality of life. It is suggested to develop and apply comprehensive intervention program for improve quality of life of HIV infected people in community.
HIV;Social Support;Social Stigma;Quality of Life;Hope
- 권석만, 김선영, 이주실, 고운영, "한국 남성 HIV 감염자의 정신건강상태 및 관련된 요인," 한국심리학회지: 임상, 제20권, 제1호, pp.219-228, 2001.
- B. Lichtenstein, M. K. Laska, and J. M. Clair, "Chronic sorrow in the HIV-positive patient: Issues of race, gender, and social support," AIDS Patient Care and Standards, Vol.16, No.1, pp.27-38, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1089/108729102753429370
- 양진향, "HIV 감염인의 질병 체험," 질적연구, 제9권, 제2호, pp.111-119, 2008.
- 박영숙, "HIV 감염자의 삶에 관한 연구," 여성건강간호학회지, 제11권, 제2호, pp.110-119, 2005.
- 임세아, 김일옥, "HIV 감염인의 우울과 사회적 지지가 삶의 질에 미치는 영향," 한국심리학회지: 건강, 제18권, 제2호, pp.363-381, 2013.
- 신승배, "HIV 감염인 및 AIDS 환자의 건강관련 삶의 질에 영향을 미치는 요인," 제31권, 제4호, pp.424-453, 2011.
- A. Scioli, S. MacNeil, V. Partridge, E. Tinker, and E. Hawkins, "Hope, HIV and health: a prospective study," AIDS Care, Vol.24, No.2, pp.149-156, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/09540121.2011.597943
- Y. Sushil, "Perceived social support, hope, and quality of life of persons living with HIV/AIDS: A case study from Neoal," Quality Life Research, Vol.19, No.2, pp.157-166, 2010.
- M. A. Chesney, D. B. Chambers, J. M. Taylor, and L. M. Johnson, "Social support, distress, and well-being in older men living with HIV infection," Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, Vol.33, Suppl 2, pp.S185-193, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1097/00126334-200306012-00016
- H. G. Jia, C. R. Uphold, S. Wu, K. Reid, K. Findley, and P. W. Duncan, "Health-related quality of life among men with HIV infection: Effects of social support, coping, and depression," AIDS Patients Care and STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases), Vol.18, No.10, pp.594-603, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1089/apc.2004.18.594
- B. Charles, L. Jeyaseelan, A. K. Pandian, A. E. Sam, M. Thenmozhi, and V. Jayaseelan, "Association between stigma, depression and quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHA) on South India- a community based cross sectional study," BioMed Central Public Health, Vol.12, No.463, pp.1-12, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-12-1
- F. H. Galvan, E. M. Davis, D. Banks, and E. G. Bing, "HIV Stigma and Social Support among African Americans," AIDS Patients Care and STDs, Vol.22, No.5, pp.423-436, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1089/apc.2007.0169
- 이학식, 임지훈, 구조방정식 모형분석과 AMOS 20, 집현재, 2013.
- 강현숙, 재활강화교육이 편마비환자의 자가간호 수행에 미치는 효과에 관한 실험적 연구, 연세대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 1984.
- 태영숙, 암환자가 지각한 사회적 지지와 우울과의 관계, 이화여자대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 1985.
- 이순희, HIV/AIDS 환자의 삶의 질, 이화여자대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 1999.
- 최유희, 이희경, 이동귀, "Snyder의 희망척도 한국 번역판의 타당화 연구," 한국심리학회지: 사회 및 성격, 제22권, 제2호, pp.1-16, 2008.
- 이원기, 김신우, 김혜인, 장현하, 이종명, 김윤주, 이미영, "후천성면역결핍환자의 삶의 질 측정을 위한 한국판 WHOQOL-HIV BREF 개발," 한국데이터정보과학회지, 제25권, 제2호, pp.337-347, 2014.
- G. E. Harris and D. Larsen, "Understanding hope in the face of an HIV diagnosis and high-risk behaviors," Journal of Health Psychology, Vol.13, No.3, pp.401-415, 2008.
- S. Bernays, T. Rhodes, and T. Barnett, "Hope: A new way to look at the HIV epidemic," AIDS, Vol.21, Suppl 5, pp.S5-11, 2007.
- C. Worthington and H. B. Krentz, "Socio-economic factor and health-related quality of life in adults living with HIV," International Journal of STD & AIDS, Vol.16, No.9, pp.608-614, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1258/0956462054944408
- P. Worawan, S. G. Joan, P. Erica, L. K. Norman, and L. R. James, "Family relationships in people living with HIV in a city in the USA," AIDS Care, Vol.21, No.3, pp.384-388, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/09540120802183487
- E. Ashton, M. Vosvick, M. Chesney, C. Gore-Felton, C. Koopman, K. O'shea, J. Maldonado, M. H. Bachmann, D. Israelski, J. Flamm, and D. Spiegel, "Social support and maladaptive coping as predictors of the change in physical health symptoms among persons laiving with HIV/AIDS," AIDS Patients Care and STDs, Vol.19, No.9, pp.587-598, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1089/apc.2005.19.587
- 이상혁, 고경봉, 김준명, 홍성관, 최태규, 이은희, 서신영, "한국 HIV감염자에서 생물학적 지표와 연관된 정신사회적 요인," 대한신경정신의학회지, 제45권, 제1호, pp.34-41, 2006.