- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Dose Enhancement by Gold Nanoparticles using Mathematical Head Phantom
금 나노입자를 활용한 두부 모의피폭체에서의 선량증가 효과 평가
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.05.09
- Published : 2016.08.28
The effect of dose enhancement was evaluated using Snyder head phantom, dependence on size of gold nanoparticle and material concentration in megavoltage X,
Gold Nanoparticle;Dose Enhancement;Monte Carlo;Head Phantom
- T. John and Lyman, "Complication probability as assessment from dose-volume histograms," Radiation Research, Vol.104, pp.13-19, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/3576626
- 김영재, 장영일, 지연상, 한재복, 최남길, 장성주, "4차원 방사선 치료시 Body fix의 유용성 평가," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.13, No.5, pp.420-426, 2013.
- J. E. Sardi, M. A. Boixadera, and J. J. Sardi, "A critical overview of concurrent chemoradiotherapy in cervical cancer," Curr Oncol Rep, Vol.6, pp.463-70, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11912-004-0077-3
- H. P. Kok, J. Crezee, and N. A. Franken, "Quantifying the combined effect of radiation therapy and hyperthermia in terms of equivalent dose distributions," Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.88, pp.739-45, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2013.11.212
- L. Sim, A. Fielding, and M. English, "Enhancement of biological effectiveness of radiotherapy treatments of protstate cancer cells in vitro using gold nanoparticle," Coogee Beach, Sydney, International Nanomedicine Conference, 2011.
- S. H. Cho, "Estimation of tumor dose enhancement due to GNPs during typical radiation treatments: a preliminary Monte Carlo study," Phys Med Biol, Vol.50, pp.163-173, 2010.
- M. Y. Chang, A. L. Shiau, and Y. H. Chen, "Increased apoptotic potential and dose-enhancing effect of gold nanoparticles in combination with single-dose clinical electron beams on tumor-bearing mice," Cancer Sci, Vol.99, pp.1479-1484, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1349-7006.2008.00827.x
- D. B. Chithrani, S. Jelveh, and F. Jalali, "Gold nanoparticles as radiation sensitizers in cancer therapy," Radiat Res, Vol.173, pp.719-728, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1667/RR1984.1
- J. F. Hainfeld, F. A. Dilmanian, and D. N. Slatkin, "Radiotherapy enhancement with gold nanoparticles," J Pharm Pharmacol, Vol.60, pp.977-85, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1211/jpp.60.8.0005
- P. Reti, S. Pinel, and M. Toussaint, "Nanoparticle for radiation therapy enhancement: the key parameters," Theranostics, Vol.5, pp.1030-1045, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7150/thno.11642
- W. Ngwa, H. Korideck, and A. Kassis, "In vitro radiosensitization by gold nanoparticles during continuous low-dose-rate gamma irradiation with I-125 brachytherapy seeds," Nanomedicine, Vol.9, pp.25-27, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nano.2012.09.001
- S. McMahon, M. Mendenhall, and S. Jain, "Radiotherapy in the presence of contrast agents: a general figure of merit and its application to gold nanoparticle," Phys. Med. Biol., Vol.53, pp.5635-5651, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/53/20/005
- K. T. Butterworth, J. A. Coulter, and S. Jain, "Evaluation of cytotoxicity and radiation enhancement using 1.9 nm gold particles: potential application for cancer therapy," Nanotechnology, Vol.21, pp.295101, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-4484/21/29/295101
- S. Jain, D. G. Hirst, and J. M. O'Sullivan, "Gold nanoparticles as novel agents for cancer therapy," Br J Radiol, Vol.85, pp.101-13, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/59448833
- K. Micheal, C. James, and B. C. Devika, "Irradiation of gold nanoparticles by x-rays: Monte Carlo simulation of dose enhancements and the spatial properties of the secondary electron production," Med. Phys., Vol.38, pp.624-631, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.3539623
- D. B. Chithrani, D. B. Jelveh, S and F. Jalali, "Gold nanoparticles as radiation sensitizers in cancer therapy," Radiat Res., Vol.173, pp.719-728, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1667/RR1984.1
- 박주경, 이승훈, 차석용, 이선영, "간외 담도암 고선량률 관내근접방사선치료 시 몬테카롤로 시뮬레이션을 통한 주변장기의 선량평가 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.14, No.2, pp.467-474, 2014.
- W. S. Snyder, H. L. Fisher Jr, M. R. Ford, and G. G. Warner, "Estimates for Absorbed Fractions for Monoenergetic Photon Sources Uniformly Distributed in Various Organs of a Heterogeneous Phantom," Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol.47, 1969.
- O. K. Harling, R. G. Zamenhof, and J. A. Bernard, "Monte Carlo based dosimetry and treatment planning for neutron capture therapy of brain tumors, in neutron beam design, development and performance for neutron capture therapy," Plenum, New York, pp.283-305, 1990.
- ICRU Report 46, Photon, electron, proton, and neutron interaction data for body tissues. International Committee on Radiation Units and Measurements, Bethesda, MD, 1992.
- A. Baumgartner, A. Steurer, and F. Maringer, "Simulation of photon energy spectra from Varian 2100C and 2300C/D Linacs: Simplified estimates with PENELOPE Monte Carlo models," Applied Radiation and Isotopes, Vol.67, pp.2007-2012, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2009.07.010
- D. B. Pelowitz, MCNPX user's manual 2.7.0. LANL Report LA-CP-11-00438, Los Alamos National Laboratory, 2011.
- J. Chow, M. Leung, and D. Jaffray, "Monte carlo simulation on a gold nanoparticle irradiated by electron beams," Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol.57, pp.3323-3331, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/57/11/3323
- N. Ramesh and S. Sharma, "Dose enhancement in gold nanoparticle-aided radiotherapy for the therapeutic photon beams using Monte Carlo technique," Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol.11, pp.94-97, 2011.
- K. T. Butterworth, S. J. Mcmacho, and L. E. Taggart, "Radiosensitization by gold nanoparticles: effective at megavoltage energies and potential role of oxidative stress," Transl Cancer Res, Vol.2, pp.269-279, 2013.
- Faiz M. Khan, The physics of radiation therapy, Fourth edition, Wolters Kluwer Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- S. J. McMahon, M. H. Mendenhal, and S. Jain, "Radiotherapyin the presence of contrast agents: a general figure of merit and its application to gold nanoparticle," Phys Med Biol, Vol.53, pp.5635-5651, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/53/20/005
- N. R. Kakade and S. D. Sharma, "Dose enhancement in gold nanoparticle-aided radiotherapy for the therapeutic photon beams using Monte Carlo technique," Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Vol.11, pp.94-97, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1482.147691
- A. Mesbahi, F. Jamali, and N. Gharehaghaji, "Effect of photon beam energy, gold nanoparticle size and concentration on the dose enhancement in radiation therapy," BioImpacts, Vol.3, pp.29-35, 2013.
- D. B. Chithani, S. Jelveh, and F. Jalali, "Gold nanoparticles as radiation sensitizers in cancer therapy," Radiat Res, Vol.173, pp.719-728, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1667/RR1984.1