- Volume 19 Issue 4
A Study of Convergence Education Type for the College of Engineering
공과대학 융합교육 형태 연구
- Kim, Yeon-hee (Department of Intelligent Automation System Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Byun, Ho-seung (Department of Education, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Hong, Chol-Ho (Department of Intelligent Automation System Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Han, Jeong-su (Department of Materials Science & Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2016.01.11
- Accepted : 2016.07.20
- Published : 2016.07.31
Due to the development of science and technology, diversity of fusion technologies has become a major concern. Especially the application of the convergence education became necessary in the curriculum of engineering department. The purpose of this paper is to extract characteristics of convergence education among engineering majors and to present a model of applicable convergence education. The researchers collected studies of past 15 years in domestic and international journals in related themes. Academic research information systems, DBpia, e-article, Academic Search Complete were used for keyword searches. 43 Korean papers and 25 international papers were analyzed for the study. The results showed that the convergence education models for college of engineering can be classified into the three types: the cooperative convergence, multidisciplinary convergence, and transdisciplinary convergence. Based on the results, a convergence education model is suggested for the schools of engineering in Korea.
- Applebee, A. N., Adler, M., & Flihan, S. (2007). Interdisciplinary curricula in middle and high school classrooms : Case studies of approaches to curriculum and instruction. American Educational Research Journal, 44 (4), 1002-1039. https://doi.org/10.3102/0002831207308219
- Ellis, A. K., & Stuen, C. J. (1998) The interdisciplinary curriculum, Eye on Education, Larchmont, New York.
- Frodman, R, Klein, P., & Olkinuora, E.(2006). Project- based learning in post-secondary education: Theory, Practice and rubber sling shots. The International Journal of Higher Education and Educational Planning, 51 (2): 287-314.
- Gong Rae, Lee and Jung Tae Hwang (2005), An Analysis on Characteristics of Innovative System of Multi-Area Technological Convergence, Seoul Science & Technology Policy Institute.
- Hun Suk Oh et al. (2012), How are Convergence Academic Studies Born?, Studies on Educational Issues, 43:51-82
- Ji, H. S. (2013), Industry-University Joint Engineering Design Education based on Interdisciplinary Team-based Design Projects, Studies on Engineering Education, 16 (3):51-60.
- kim, Y H. (2015) et al., Development of the Convergence Education Model for the college of engineering, International conference for media in education, 13th, p 16.
- Kodama, F.(1991). Emerging patterns of innovation : Sources of Japan's technological edge. Harvard Business School Press.
- Lim, Y. S. et al.(2013), A Study on Effectiveness Verification Analysis of Pro-Convergence-type Professional IT Workforce Training and Education System, Technological Innovation Society, 16 (3): 694-723.
- Lee, D. H. Kang, D. C, Lee, k. and Jung, G. H. (2004). Industry-University Cooperation Model: Focusing on the case of LG Electronics and Handong University, Studies on Engineering Education, 7 (3):32-38.
- park, J. H. et al.(2013), A Systematic Meta-analysis on Literature of Empirical Study on Convergence Education, Asia Education Study, 14 (1): 97-135
- Park, M. (2008). Implementing curriculum integration: the experiecnes of Korean elementary teachers. Asia Pacific Education Review. 9 (3), 308-319. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03026719
- Petrie, H. G. (1992). Interdisciplinary education: Are we faced with insurmountable opportunities Review of Research in Education, 18 , 299-333
- Rosenberg, N.(1963) Technical change in the machine tool industry, 1840-1910. The Journal of Economic History, 23 (4): 414-443. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022050700109155
- Reigeluth, C. M(1983). Instructinal design: What is it and why is it. In C. M. Reigeluth(Ed), Instructional-design theories and models. Hillsdale, NJ:Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Thigpen, L, Hou, C., Fairchild, J., and Nallenweg, R. (1992). A Successful Capstone Design Course Featuring Industry Involvement. Creativity, Educating World-class Engineers, ASEE Annual conference Proceedings, Toledo, Ohio, June. 2 : 1256-1263
- Yang, H. C. (2010), Direction for Talented Human Resources Policy and Key Issues, Archives of Talented human resources policy forum, Education Research Institute of Seoul National University
You, Y. M. (2013)
, Sam & Parkers Press.
- Yang, H. L. (2012) A Study on Science and Engineering Convergence Education Model for Promotion of Creative Education, Engineering Education Study, 15 (6,): 92-97.