- Volume 65 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Delayed Voltage Recovery Phenomenon according to the Characteristics of Motor Load in Korean Power System
모터부하 특성에 따른 국내 전력계통의 전압 지연 회복 현상 분석
- Lee, Yun-Hwan (Coon Tec)
- Received : 2016.07.29
- Accepted : 2016.08.16
- Published : 2016.09.01
FIDVR(Fault Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery) is a phenomenon that recovery of the system voltage level delays after the fault. Cause of FIDVR phenomenon is motor load characteristic about voltage and reactive power. In low voltage condition, the motor go to stall state that consume large amount of reactive power. As a result, the voltage recovery problem is that of repeated occurrences of sustained low voltage following faults on the system. In this paper, analysis the characteristics of the motor load. And using the korean power system actual data, perform a case studies to voltage delay recovery phenomenon alleviation method. Change of each parameters by analyzing the effect on system and selecting an influence parameter. In addition, dynamic characteristic analysis of the resulting difference in the proportion by the motor load in power systems, considering the effect on the voltage stability.
- Krishnanjan Gubba Ravikumar, Scott Manson, "Analysis of Fault-Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery Using EMTP Simulations", IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, 2016.
- Zhang Yue1,a, Li Xiaoming, "Dynamic Voltage/Var Sensitivity Approach for Improving Fault-induced Voltage Delayed Recovery Problems", International Power, Electronics and Materials Engineering Conference, 2015.
- Richard J. Bravo, Robert Yinger, Patricia AronsS. "Fault Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery (FIDVR) indicators", IEEE PES T&D Conference, 2014.
- NERC Transmission Issues Subcommittee and System Protection and Control Subcommittee, "A Technical Reference Paper Fault-Induced Delayed Voltage Recovery", Version 1.2, June.2009.
- Y. Liu, V. Vittal, J. Undrill, and J. H. Eto, "Transient Model of AirConditioner Compressor Single Phase Induction Motor," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 28, Issue 4, November 2013,pp. 4528-4536. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2275256
- Taegyun Kim, Hongjoo Kim, Byongjun Lee, Su-chul Nam, Jeong-hoon Shin, "An analysis of Load Shedding Effect according to the ratio of induction motor in Korean Power System", Kiee Summer confernece, 2011.
- Yun-Hwan Lee, "Using the Under Voltage Load Shedding for Stability Enhancement of Power Systems Considering Induction Motor Load", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Vol. 65P, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2016.
- WECC, "Transmission System Planning Performance Proposed Transient Voltage Response Rationale for CRT Requirements ", R 1.3 and R 1.4, 2015.
- U.S. Department of energy, "Commercial Building Motor Protection Response Report", 2015.
- Prabha Kundur, "Power System Stability and Control", 1994.