- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Ventilation Efficiency Evaluation of Domestic Limestone Mine Using Tracer Gas Method
추적가스법을 적용한 국내 석회석 광산의 환기성능 평가 연구
- Received : 2016.07.13
- Accepted : 2016.08.01
- Published : 2016.08.31
Natural ventilation is employed in limestone mines that have been currently operated in Korea, and there has been a growing issue of a significantly weak airflow caused by the large-scale excavation. Thus, the air quality in the working area is considerably poor. In order to improve this circumstance, it is mainly required to examine ventilation performance. In this study, the examination of ventilation efficiency was conducted by using tracer gas method. The result of this work indicated detailedly the ventilation problems in research mine, in that extremely low air velocity, recirculation, and air change rate were evaluated quantitatively using tracer gas. Therefore the ventilation performance evaluation using tracer gas can be opted as a precise method to improve the working area in mines.
Limestone mine;Tracer gas method;Low air velocity;Recirculation;Air change rate
Supported by : 인하대학교
- 정규홍, 김두영, 이승호, 안혜림, & 이창우. 2013. 석회석 광산 갱도내 오염물질 난류확산계수에 관한 연구. 2013 한국암반공학회 춘계 총회 및 학술발표회 논문집, 137-140.
- 한화택. 1999. 환기실험을 위한 추적가스 방법의 응용. 설비저널, 28(6), 452-462.
- 이창우, & 양원철. 1994. 보문: 추적가스를 이용한 석탄광산 갱내 디젤배기물질 확산계수 연구. 한국지구시스템공학회지(구 한국자원공학회지), 31(5), 483-490.
- C.-M. Koo, S.-W. Jeon, I.-W. Lee, 2008. Underground Mine Design and Stability Analysis at a Limestone Mine. Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 18, No. 4, 243-251.
- H.-U. Lim, J.-D. Kim, H.J. Baek, 2000. A Study on the Method for Limestone Mines with Less Environmental Hazards. Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 10, No. 1, 80-91.
- Hartman, H. L., Mutmansky, J. M., Ramani, R. V., & Wang, Y. J. 2012. Mine ventilation and air conditioning. John Wiley & Sons.
- Innova Air tech Instruments. Technical documentation application software type 7620 for control of tracer-gas monitoring system user manual.C-5.
- Klinowski, G. W., & Kennedy, D. J. 1989. Tracer Gas Based Evaluation of the Auxiliary Ventilation System. In Proceedings of the 4th Mine Ventilation Symposium, 123-127.
- Patterson, R., & Luxbacher, K. 2012. Tracer gas applications in mining and implications for improved ventilation characterisation. International Journal of Mining. Reclamation and Environment, 26(4), 337-350. https://doi.org/10.1080/17480930.2011.639188
- Suglo, R. S., & Frimpong, S. 2002. Accuracy of tracer gas surveys in auxiliary ventilation systems in coal mines. In Mine Ventilation: Proceedings of the North American/Ninth US Mine Ventilation Symposium, 168-175.
- Thimons, R. J. B., & Kissell, F. N. 1974. Using sulfur hexafluoride as a gaseous tracer to study ventilation systems in mines. Bureau of Mines, Washington, DC (USA), 7916, 1-26.
- Vinson, R. P. 1980. Face ventilation measurement with sulfur hexafluoride (SF6). Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Mines, 8473, 1-16.
- Y.-S. Yu, J.-H. Roh, J. Kim, 2013. A Study on hermodynamic Natural Ventilation Analysis by the Field Survey of Underground Mines in Korea. Tunnel & Underground Space, Vol. 23, No. 4, 288-296 https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2013.23.4.288