- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Joint Aperture Variation on Hydraulic Behavior of the 2-D DFN System
절리간극의 변화가 이차원 DFN 시스템의 수리적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.07.28
- Accepted : 2016.08.22
- Published : 2016.08.31
A computer program code was developed to estimate hydraulic behavior of the 2-D connected pipe network system, and implemented to evaluate the effect of joint aperture on hydraulic parameters of fractured rock masses through numerical experiments. A total of 216 stochastic 2-D DFN(discrete fracture network) blocks of
Fractured rock mass;Hydraulic aperture;Discrete fracture network;Block hydraulic conductivity;Numerical experiments
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bang, S., S. Jeon and J. Choe, 2003, Determination of equivalent hydraulic conductivity of rock mass using three-dimensional discontinuity network, Tunnel & Underground Space (J. of Korean Society for Rock Mech.), 13, 52-63.
- Bang, S., S. Jeon and S. Kwon, 2012, Modeling the hydraulic characteristics of a fractured rock mass with correlated fracture length and aperture: application in the underground research tunnel at KAERI, Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 44, 639-652. https://doi.org/10.5516/NET.02.2011.026
- Han, J. and J. Um, 2015, Characteristics of block hydraulic conductivity of 2-D DFN system according to block size and fracture geometry, Tunnel & Underground Space (J. of Korean Society for Rock Mech.), 25, 450-461.
- Han, J. and J. Um, 2016, Effect of joint orientation distribution on hydraulic behavior of the 2-D DFN system, Economic and Environmental Geology, 49, 31-41. https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2016.49.1.31
- Hakami, E. and E. Larsson, 1996, Aperture measurements and flow experiments on a single natural fracture, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. Geomech. Abstr. 33, 395-404. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(95)00070-4
- Moreno, L., I. Neretnieks, and T. Eriksen, 1985, Analysis of some laboratory tracer runs in natural fissures, Water Resour. Res. 21, 951-958. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR021i007p00951
- Park, J.S., D.W. Ryu, C.H. Ryu and C.I. Lee, 2007, Groundwater flow analysis around hydraulic excavation damaged zone, Tunnel & Underground Space (J. of Korean Society for Rock Mech.), 17, 109-118.
- Priest, S.D., 1993, Discontinuity analysis for rock engineering, Chapman & Hall, London, 473p.
- Raven, K.G., K.S. Norvakowski and P.A. Lapcevic, 1988, Interpretation of field tracer tests on a single fracture using a transient solute storage model, Water Resour. Res., 24, 2019-2032. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR024i012p02019
- Shapiro, A.M. and J.R. Nicholas, 1989, Assessing the validity of the channel model of fracture aperture under field conditions, Water Resour. Res. 25, 817-828. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR025i005p00817
- Silliman, S.E., 1989, An interpretation of the difference between aperture estimates derived from hydraulic and tracer tests in a single fracture, Water Resour. Res., 25 2275-2283. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR025i010p02275
- Snow, D.T., 1970, The frequency and apertures of fractures in rock, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci. Geomech. Abstr. 7, 23-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-9062(70)90025-2
- Stratford, R.G., A.W. Herbert and C.P. Jackson, 1990, A parameter study of the influence of aperture variation on fracture flow and the consequences in a fracture network. In: Barton, N., Stephansson, O. (Eds.), Rock Joints. Balkema, Rotterdam, 413-422.
- Tsang, Y.W. and C.F. Tsang, 1987, Cannel model of flow through fractured media, Water Resour. Res., 23, 467-480. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR023i003p00467
- Yoon, Y.K., 2010, Effects of GSI and joint orientation on the change of hydraulic conductivity, Tunnel & Underground Space (J. of Korean Society for Rock Mech.), 20, 225-232.