- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Variation of the Physical-microstructural Properties of Sandstone and Shale Caused by CO2 Reaction in High Pressure Condition
고압 이산화탄소 반응에 의한 사암과 셰일의 물리적-미세구조적 변화
- Park, Jihwan ;
- Son, Jin ;
- Park, Hyeong-Dong (Department of Energy Systems Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2016.08.05
- Accepted : 2016.08.19
- Published : 2016.08.31
CCS;underground storage;X-ray CT;laboratory experiment;pore network
Grant : CO2 해양지중저장 기술개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원
- Andrew, M., Bijeljic, B. and Blunt, M.J., 2014, Pore-scale imaging of trapped supercritical carbon dioxide in sandstones and carbonates, Int. J. Greenh. Gas Control. 22, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2013.12.018
- Barton, N., 2007, Rock quality, seismic velocity, attenuation and anisotropy, Taylor & Francis Group, London, UK, 756p.
- Brown, E.T., 1981, Rock Characterization, Testing and Monitoring: ISRM Suggested Methods, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 211p.
Choi, C.S. and Song, J.J., 2012, Swelling and mechanical property change of shale and sandstone in supercritical
$CO_2$, Tunnel & Underground Space. 22.4, 266-275 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2012.22.4.266
- Dong, H. and Blunt, M.J., 2009, Pore-network extraction from micro-computerized-tomography images, Phys. Rev. E. 80.3, 036307. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.80.036307
Iglauer, S., Paluszny, A., Pentland, C.H. and Blunt, M.J., 2011, Residual
$CO_2$imaged with X-ray micro-tomography, Geophys. Res. Lett. 38, L21403.
- Jeong, G.C. and Takahashi, M., 2010, Analysis of porosity and distribution of pores in rocks by micro focus X-ray CT, The Journal of Engineering Geology. 20.4, 461-465 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Jung, H.B., Jansik, D. and Um, W., 2012, Imaging wellbore cement degradation by carbon dioxide under geologic sequestration conditions using X-ray computed microtomography, Environ. Sci. Technol. 47, 283-289.
Kang, H., Baek, K., Wang, S., Park, J. and Lee, M., 2012, Study on the dissolution of sandstones in Gyeongsang Basin and the calculation of their dissolution coefficients under
$CO_2$injection condition, Econ. Environ. Geol. 45.6, 661-672 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.9719/EEG.2012.45.6.661
- Kim, J.H., 2015, Evaluation of operation design variables for geologic injection of carbon dioxide using numerical modeling, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 51.2, 221-233 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2015.51.2.221
Kim, K.Y., Oh, J.H., Kim, J.C. and Yum, B.W., 2011, Application of integrated coreflood X-ray scanner for
$CO_2$geological storage study, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 47.6, 715-721 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Kintisch, E., 2016, Sea ice retreat said to ccelerate Greenland melting, Science. 352, 1377. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.352.6292.1377
Ko, M., Kang, H., Wang, S. and Lee, M., 2011, The weathering process of olivine and chlorite reacted with the supercritical
$CO_2$on the sequestration condition, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 47.6, 635-645 (in Korean with English abstract).
- KSRM, 2005, Standard test method of rock, CIR, Seoul, Korea, 123p.
Lamy-Chappuis, B., Angus, D., Fisher, Q., Grattoni, C. and Yardley, W.D., 2014, Rapid porosity and permeability changes of calcareous sandstone due to
$CO_2$-enriched brine injection, Geophys. Res. Lett. 41, 399-406. https://doi.org/10.1002/2013GL058534
- Lee, S. and Chang, C., 2015, Laboratory experimental study on fracture shear-activation induced by carbon dioxide injection, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 51.3, 281-288 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2015.51.3.281
- Lee, S., Kim, J.M. and Kihm, J.H., 2015, Evaluation of impacts of grid refinement on numerical modeling of behavior and trapping mechanisms of carbon dioxide injected into deep storage formations, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 51.2, 191-202 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2015.51.2.191
- Metz, B., Davidson, O., De Coninck, H., Loos, M. and Meyer, L., 2005, IPCC Special Report on Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage, Cambridge University Press, New York, USA, 431p.
Nguyen, P., Fadaei, H. and Sinton, D., 2013, Microfluidics underground: A micro-core method for pore scale analysis of supercritical
$CO_2$reactive transport in saline aquifers, J. Fluid. Eng-T. ASME. 135, 021203. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4023644
Oh, J.H., Kim, K.Y., Kim, T. and Kim, J.C., 2010, A review of laboratory experiments for
$CO_2$geological storage, Econ. Environ, Geol. 43.3, 291-304 (in Korean with English abstract).
- Park, E., Wang, S., Kim, S. and Lee, M., 2014, The effects of the carbon dioxide stored in geological formations on the mineralogical and geochemical alterations of phyllosilicate minerals, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 50.2, 231-240 (in Korean with English abstract).
Park, J. and Park, H.D., 2016, An analysis of pore network of drilling core from Pohang Basin for geological storage of
$CO_2$, Tunnel & Underground Space. 26.3, 181-191 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.3.181
Perrin, J.C. and Benson, S., 2010, An experimental study on the influence of sub-core scale heterogeneities on
$CO_2$distribution in reservoir rocks, Transp. Porous Med. 82, 93-109. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11242-009-9426-x
- Saliu, M. and Lawal, A.I., 2014, Investigations of weathering effects on engineering properties of Supare granite gneiss, Journal of Mining World Express. 3, 53-62. https://doi.org/10.14355/mwe.2014.03.008
- Song, C.W., Son, M., Sohn, Y.K., Han, R., Shinn, Y.J. and Kim, J.C., 2015, A study on potential geologic facility sites for carbon dioxide storage in the Miocene Pohang Basin, SE Korea, J. Geol. Soc. Korea. 51.1, 53-66 (in Korean with English abstract). https://doi.org/10.14770/jgsk.2015.51.1.53
- Van Aalst, M.K., 2006, The impacts of climate change on the risk of natural disasters, Disasters. 30.1, 5-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9523.2006.00303.x
- Wang, S., 2009, Geological carbon sequestration: Now and after, KIC News. 12.2, 21-30 (in Korean).
Yoo, D.G., Kim, G.Y., Park, Y.C., Huh, D.G. and Yoon, C.H., 2007, Feasibility study for
$CO_2$geological sequestration in offshore Korean Peninsula, Journal of the Korean Institute of Mineral and Energy Resources Engineers. 44.6, 572-585 (in Korean with English abstract).