- Volume 40 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Design and Integrity Evaluation of High-temperature Piping Systems in the STELLA-2 Sodium Test Facility
STELLA-2 소듐 시험 시설 고온 배관 계통의 설계 및 건전성 평가
- Son, Seok-Kwon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Hyeong-Yeon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Ju, Yong-Sun (KOASIS Inc.) ;
- Eoh, JaeHyuk (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jong-Bum (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Ji-Young (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2016.01.30
- Accepted : 2016.07.19
- Published : 2016.09.01
In this study, elevated temperature design and integrity evaluation have been conducted using two different piping design codes for the high-temperature piping systems of sodium integral effect test loop for safety simulation and assessment(STELLA-2) being developed by KAERI(Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute). The design code of ASME B31.1 for power piping and French nuclear grade piping design guideline, RCC-MRx RD-3600 were applied, and conservatism of those codes was quantified based on the piping integrity evaluation results. The piping system of Model DHRS, Model IHTS and PSLS are to be installed in STELLA-2. The integrity evaluation results for the three piping systems according to the two design codes showed that integrity of the piping system was confirmed. As a code comparison result, ASME B31.1 was shown to be more conservative for sustained loads while RD-3600 was more conservative for thermal loads compared to B31.1.
Sodium Test Loop;Piping System;Design and Analysis;Elevated Temperature Design
Supported by : 미래창조과학부
- Yoo, J., 2015, "Status of Prototype Gen-IV Sodium Cooled Fast Reactor and Its Perspective," Transactions of the Korean Nuclear Society Autumn Meeting, Gyeong-ju, Korea.
- Lee, H. Y., Eoh, J. H., Son, S. K., Kim, J. B., Jeong, J. Y. and Ju, Y. S., 2015, "Design and Analysis of High-temperature Piping System in the STELLA-2 Sodium Test Facility," 70th Conference of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Jeju, Korea.
- Eoh, J. H., Hong, J. G., Yeom, S. J. and Jeong, J. Y., 2016, "Computer Codes V&V Tests with a Large-Scale Sodium Thermal-Hydraulic Test Facility (STELLA)," American Nuclear Society Annual Meeting, No. 17266, New Orleans, The United State of America.
- ASME, 2012, B 31.1 Power Piping, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
RCC-MRx, 2012, Section III Tome 1, Subsection B, Class
- Lee, H. Y., Eoh, J. H. and Lee, Y. B., 2013, "High Temperature Design and Damage Evaluation of a Helical Type Sodium-to-air Heat Exchanger in a Sodium-cooled Fast Reactor," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp. 2729-2735. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-013-0718-2
- Lee, H. Y., Eoh, J. H. and Lee, Y. B., 2013, "High-Temperature Design of Sodium-to-Air Heat Exchanger in Sodium Test Loop," Transaction of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 665-671.
- Lee, H. Y., Kim, J. B. and Lee, J. H., 2012, "High Temperature Design and Damage Evaluation of Mod.9 Cr-1Mo Steel Heat Exchanger," Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Transactions of ASME, Vol. 133, Oct. pp. 051101-10.
- Lee, H. Y., Kim, J. B. and Park, H. Y., 2012, "Creep-Fatigue Damage Evaluation of Sodium to Air Heat Exchanger in Sodium Test Loop Facility," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 250, pp. 308-315. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2012.05.034
RCC-MRx, 2012, Section III Tome 1, Subsection D, Class
- Son, S. K., Jo, Y. C., Lee, H. Y. and Jeong, J. Y., 2015, "Design Evaluation of a Piping System in the SELFA Sodium Test Facility," Korean Nuclear Society Autumn Meeting, Gyeong-ju, Korea.