- Volume 40 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Real-Time Motion Tracking Detection System for a Spherical Pendulum Using a USB Camera
USB 카메라를 이용한 실시간 구면진자 운동추적 감지시스템
- Moon, Byung-Yoon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Hong, Sung-Rak (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Ha, Manh-Tuan (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk Univ.) ;
- Kang, Chul-Goo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Konkuk Univ.)
- Received : 2016.02.17
- Accepted : 2016.08.05
- Published : 2016.09.01
Recently, a spherical pendulum attached to an end-effector of a robot manipulator has been frequently used for a test bed of residual vibration suppression control in a multi-dimensional motion. However, there was no automatic tracking system to detect the current bob position on-line, and there was inconvenience to not be able to store the bob position in real time and plot the trajectory. In this study, we developed a two-dimensional, real-time bob-detecting system using a digital USB camera, of which the key is hardware component design and software C programming for fast image processing and interfacing. The developed system was applied to residual vibration suppression control of a two-dimensional spherical pendulum that is attached at the end-effector of a two degree-of-freedom SCARA robot, and the effectiveness of the developed system has been demonstrated.
Spherical Pendulum;Motion Tracking;Detection System;Camera Vision;Input Shaping
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Singer, N. C. and Seering, W. P., 1990, "Preshaping Command Inputs to Reduce System Vibration," ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 112, pp. 76-82. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2894142
- Singhose, W., 2009, "Command Shaping for Flexible Systems: A Review of the First 50 Years," Int. J. of Precision Engineering & Manufacturing, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 153-168. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-009-0084-2
- Pang, J.-H. and Park, Y.-S., 1997, "Input Design to Reduce Residual Vibration for a Nonlinear Time-Varying System," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp. 1106-1115.
- Kang, C.-G., 2011, "On the Derivative Constraints of Input Shaping Control," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 549-554. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-010-1205-7
- Kang, C.-G., 2011, "Performance Measure of Residual Vibration Control," ASME J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 133, pp. 044501-1-6. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4003377
- Rew, K.-H., Ha, C.-W. and Kim, K.-S., 2013, "An Impulse-time Perturbation Approach for Enhancing the Robustness of Extra-insensitive Input Shapers," Automatica, Vol. 49, pp. 3425-3431. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2013.08.015
- Kang, C.-G. and Kwak, J.-H., 2014, "On a Simplified Residual Vibration Ratio Function for Input Shaping Control," Asian Journal of Control, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 277-283. https://doi.org/10.1002/asjc.573
- Dhanda, A. and Franklin, G. F., 2010, "Optimal Control Formulations of Vibration Reduction Problems," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 55, pp. 378-394. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2009.2034940
- Smith, O. J. M., 1957, "Posicast Control of Damped Oscillatory Systems," Proceedings of the IRE, Vol. 45, pp. 1249-1255. https://doi.org/10.1109/JRPROC.1957.278530
- Kim, B.-G., 2010, A Study on Position Stabilization for Tower Crane Payload, M.S. Thesis, Kumoh National Institute of Technology. (Korean)
- Woo, K. S., 2010, Residual Vibration Reduction of Flexible System Using Input Shaping Control, M.S. Thesis, Konkuk University. (Korean)
- Hwang, B. I., Lee, B. H. and Kim, C. H., 2015, "The System Position from High Firing Rate of Anti-Aircraft Gun System," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 611-615. (Korean) https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.6.611
- Seo, B.-C., Kim, S.-S. and Lee, D.-Y., 2014, "Target-tracking System for Mobile Surveillance Robot using CAMShift Image Processing Technique," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 129-136. (Korean)
- Kim, D. K., 2011, OpenCV Programming, GaMe Publishing Co. (Korean)
- http://newstyle.egloos.com/2707246, Red Color Seeking using OpenCV, 2016. (Korean)
- Schulze, T. and Chang, T. N., 2010, "Zero Vibration Position Control of a Spherical Pendulum for Control Systems Demonstration," Proc. of American Control Conference, Baltimore, USA, pp. 738-743.
- Perig, A. V., Stadnik, A. N., Deriglazov, A. I. and Podlesny, S. V., 2014, "3 DOF Spherical Pendulum Oscillations with a Uniform Slewing Pivot Center and a Small Angle Assumption," Shock and Vibration (Hindawi), Vol. 2014, Article ID 203709, pp.1-32.
- Petrov, A. G., 2005, "On the Equations of Motion of a Spherical Pendulum with a Fluctuating Support," Doklady Physics, Vol. 50, No. 11, pp. 588-592. https://doi.org/10.1134/1.2137794
- Kang, C.-G., Ha, M.-T. and D.-c. Lee, "Two-dimensional Input Shaping Control for Improved Tracking of a SCARA Robot with a Spherical Pendulum," Proc. of Intern. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2015), p. 4747, Hamburg, Germany.
- Craig, J. J., 2005, Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control (3rd ed.), Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Ha, M.-T. and Kang, C.-G., 2015, "Wirelesscommunicated Computed-torque Control of a SCARA Robot and Two-dimensional Input Shaping for a Spherical Pendulum," Proc. of the 12th Intern. Conf. on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI 2015), pp. 58-62, KINTEX, Korea.
- Jeong, B.-R., 2010, Real-time 3D Position Tracking Using a Feature Information of an Object, M.S. Thesis, Kangwon National University.