- Volume 40 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Wire-Woven Kagome Transformed to have a Negative Poisson's Ratio
음의 푸아송비를 갖도록 변환된 와이어 직조 Kagome
- Kang, Dae Seung (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Seung Chul (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Jong Woo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Nguyen, Dang Ban (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kang, Kiju (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2016.03.30
- Accepted : 2016.07.11
- Published : 2016.09.01
Wire-woven Kagome is a kind of Periodic Cellular Metal, which is known to have high strength, stiffness for its weight, and potential for mass production. In this work, we developed a new structure that mimics
Poisson's Ratio;Wire Woven Kagome;Cristobalite
Supported by : 파동에너지극한제어연구단
- Liu, Y. and Hu, H., 2010, "A Review on Auxetic Structures and Polymeric Materials," Scientific Research and Essays, Vol. 5, No. 10, pp. 1052-1063.
- Alderson, A. and Alderson, K. L., 2007, "Auxetic Materials," Proc. IME Part G: J. Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 221, pp. 565-575. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544100JAERO185
Yeganeh-Haeri, A., Weidner, D.J. and Parise, J. B., 1992 "Elasticity of
$\alpha$-Cristobalite: A Silicon Dioxide with a Negative Poisson's Ratio," Science, 257, pp. 650-652. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.257.5070.650
Kimizukal H., Ogata, S. and Shibutani, Y., "High-Pressure Elasticity and Auxetic Property of
$\alpha$-Cristobalite," 2005, Materials Transactions, Vol. 46, pp. 1161-1166. https://doi.org/10.2320/matertrans.46.1161
- Lee, Y. H., Lee, B. K., Jeon, I. and Kang, K., 2007, "Wire-woven Bulk Kagome (WBK) Truss Cores," Acta Materialia, Vol. 55, pp. 6084-6094. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2007.07.023
- Kang, K.J., 2007 "A Wire-Woven Cellular Metal of Ultra-High Strength," Acta Materialia, Vol. 57, pp. 1865-1874.
- Lee, M. G., Yoon, J. W., Han, S. M., Suh, Y. S. and Kang, K.J., 2014, "In-plane Compression Response of Wire-woven," Materials & Design, Vol. 55, pp. 718-726. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2013.08.066
- Lee, M. G. and Ko, G. D., Song, J. and Kang, K.J., 2012, "Compressive Characteristics of A Wire-woven Cellular Metal," Materials Science & Engineering A, Vol. 539, pp. 185-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2012.01.079
- Hwang, J., Son, J., Zhang, J. Y., Janotti, A., Van de Walle, C. G. and Stemmer, S., 2013, "Structural Origins of the Properties of Rare Earth Nickelate Superlattices," Physical Review B, Vol. 87, 060101(R).
- Kang, K. J., Kang, D. S., Cho, S. D., Park, J. W. and Park, J. G., 2015, "Auxetic Structure Based on Wire-woven Metal and Fabrication Method and Appratus of the Same," Korea Patent Pending, Application number 10-2015-0154675.