- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Design of a 130kW-class IPMSM for Propulsion of Tram-Train
트램-트레인 추진용 130kW급 IPMSM 설계 연구
- Jeong, Geochul (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Chan-Bae (Department of Railroad Operation System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Lee, Hyung-Woo (Department of Railway Vehicle System Engineering, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Lee, Sang-Don (Department of Electrical Engineering, Kangnung-Wonju National University) ;
- Lee, Ju (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2016.06.01
- Accepted : 2016.06.19
- Published : 2016.08.31
This study considers the design of a 130kW-class IPMSM for propulsion of a Tram-Train. This Tram-Train has a wide range of speed variation. For this reason, this study suggested IPMSM, which has wide speed variation as a motor for propulsion of the Tram-Train, a basic model suitable for the required traction force was designed. IPMSM has different electromagnetic and structural characteristics depending on the shapes of its rotor. Therefore, the suggested model was additionally designed, and by dividing a permanent magnet was changed so as th have a shape with an added bridge. Finally, by analyzing the load characteristics with finite element analysis of the basic and suggested models and by comparing electromagnetic and structural characteristics, a model has been derived that satisfies IPMSM for the propulsion of the Tram-Train.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R.E. Kim, J.C. Kim B.C. Kim, Y.H. Park, J.S. Han (2011) Development of totally enclosed traction motor for low floor tram, The Korean Society for Railway Spring Conference, Hoengseong, pp. 1642-1646.
- G.C. Jeong, C.B. Park, T.C. Jeong, J. Lee (2015) A study on the characteristics analysis according to the permanent magnet segmentation change to IPMSM for urban railway vehicle, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 64(10), pp. 1486-1492. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2015.64.10.1486
- C.B. Park, J.H. Kim, J.H. Lee (2014) Thermal characteristic analysis of IPMSM for traction considering a driving pattern of urban railway vehicles, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 63(3), pp. 431-436. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.3.431
- C.B. Park, J.H. Lee, B.S. Lee (2013) A study on the water-cooling jacket design of IPMSM for railway vehicles, The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 62(10), pp. 1475-1480. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.10.1475
- K.H. Kang, S.J. Yu, H.C. Ahn, J.H. Kim, S.Y. Jung (2011) A method to analyze the strength of bridge in IPM type permanent magnet motor considering the effect of mechanical fatigue characteristic, The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Summer Conference, pp. 999-1000.
- S.T. Oh, J.W. Choi, B.H. Kang (2012) The structural analysis of a magnetic inserting bridge thickness in the rotor core of SIPM considering No-bonding conditions, The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers CAE and Applied Mechanics Spring Conference, pp. 77-78.
- K.H. Jung, J.H. Kwak, B.J. Kim, J.M. Lee (2007) Structural safty evaluation of compressor driving motor shaft system, The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Summer Conference, pp. 2211-2216.
- Optimal Design and Analysis of Induction Motor for Propulsion of Electric Railway vol.19, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.5.600