- Volume 53 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Resource Allocation Scheme for Multiple Device-to-Device Communications in a Multicell Network
다중 셀 네트워크에서 다중 D2D 통신 자원할당 기법
- Kim, Hyeon-Min (Department of Information Communication, Materials, and Chemistry Convergence Technology, Soongsil University) ;
- Kang, Gil-Mo (Department of Information Communication, Materials, and Chemistry Convergence Technology, Soongsil University) ;
- Shin, Oh-Soon (School of Electronic Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2016.03.08
- Accepted : 2016.08.30
- Published : 2016.09.25
In D2D communications underlaying a multicell network, it is of primary importance to ensure coexistence of cellular links and D2D links with minimal interference. Therefore, resource allocation scheme for D2D links should be designed to limit the interference between cellular links and D2D links. In this paper, we propose an effective resource allocation scheme for multiple D2D links which share the uplink spectrum resource with cellular users in a multicell network. Under the assumption that the locations of users are known to the base station, the proposed scheme allocates cellular resources to D2D links, such that the interference between a cellular link and multiple D2D links is minimized. In particular, we compute two constants from the path loss model and then use the constants to protect both cellular and D2D links. Simulation results are provided to verify the performance of the proposed scheme.
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- K. Doppler, M. Rinne, C. Wijting, C. Ribeiro, and K. Hugl, "Device-to-device communication as an underlay to LTE-advanced networks," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 47, pp. 42-49, Dec. 2009.
- M. Yang, S. Wu, H.-M. Kim, O.-S. Shin, and Y. Shin, "Technical trends of D2D communications in LTE-advanced networks," The Mag. of the IEEK, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 27-38, Nov. 2012.
- 3GPP TR 22.803 V1.0.0, "3rd generation partnership project; technical specification group SA; feasibility study for proximity services (ProSe) (release 12)," Tech. Rep., Aug. 2012.
- G.-M. Kang, H.-M. Kim, J.-H. Nam, and O.-S Shin, "Standardization of D2D communications in LTE-advanced systems," The Proc. of The Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 52-64, Sep. 2013.
- 3GPP RP-142311, "Work item proposal for enhanced LTE device to device proximity services," Dec, 2014.
- B. Wang, L. Chen, X. Chen, X. Zhang, and D. Yang, "Resource allocation optimization for device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks," in Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf. 2011 Spring (VTC2011-Spring), Budapest, Hungary, May 2011.
- C.-H. Yu, K. Doppler, C. B. Ribeiro, and O. Tirkkonen, "Resource sharing optimization for device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 2752-2763, Aug. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2011.060811.102120
- H. Min, W. Seo, S. Park, and D. Hong, "Outage probability of the device-to-device communication according to the interference -to-signal-ratio generated by cellular networks," J. of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, vol. TC-48, no. 1, pp. 55-61, Jan. 2011.
- Q. Duong, Y. Shin, and O.-S. Shin, "Distance-based resource allocation scheme for device-to-device communications underlaying cellular networks," AEU Inter. J. Electron. Commun., vol. 69, no. 10, pp. 1437-1444, Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aeue.2015.06.008
- H. Wang and X. Chu, "Distance-constrained resource-sharing criteria for device-to-device communications underlaying cellular networks," Electron. Lett., vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 528-530, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/el.2012.0451
- H.-M. Kim, J.-H. Nam, G.-M. Kang, and O.-S Shin, "Resource allocation for device-to-device communications based on distances between nodes," in Proc. of Winter Conference of the Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Jan. 2013.