- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Application and Comparison of Effectiveness of Ninhydrin Reagents on Special Paper Surfaces
특수 종이 표면에서 ninhydrin 계열 시약의 적용 및 효과성 비교에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.05.30
- Accepted : 2016.07.12
- Published : 2016.09.28
Some previous studies had proven that ninhydrin or its analogues are not effective in developing fingermarks on some types of paper. This study has evaluated the efficiency of four reagents for detecting latent fingermarks on six unusual paper surfaces. Among the six types of paper surfaces, none of the reagents worked on the newspaper. The 1,2-IND/Zn developed fingermarks on most of the surfaces tested.
Supported by : 순천향대학교
- R. S. Ramotowski, Lee and Gaensslen's Advances in Fingerprint Technology, 3rd edition, CRC Press, Florida, pp.17-35, 2013.
- S. M. Bleay, V. G. Sears, H. L. Bandey, A. P. Gibson, V. J. Bowman, R. Downham, L. Fitzgerald, T. Ciuksza, J. Ramadani, and C. Selway, Fingerprint Source Book, Home Office, London, pp.82-134, pp.378-391, 2012.
- Oden, Svante, "Detection of Fingerprints by the Ninhydrin Reaction," Nature, Vol.173, pp.449-450, 1954. https://doi.org/10.1038/173449a0
- C. J. Lennard, P. A. Margot, M. Stoilovic, and R. N. Warrener, "Synthesis and evaluation of ninhydrin analogues as reagents for the development of latent fingerprints on paper surfaces," Journal of the Forensic Science Society, Vol.28, No.1, pp.3-23, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-7368(88)72799-1
- C. J. Lennard, P. A. Margot, M. Stoilovic, and R. N. Warrener, "Synthesis of ninhydrin analogues and their application to fingerprint development: preliminary results," Journal of the Forensic Science Society, Vol.26, No.5, pp.323-328, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-7368(86)72510-3
- C. A. Pounds, G. Ronald, and T. Mongkolaussavaratana, "The use of 1, 8-diazafluoren-9-one(DFO) for the fluorescent detection of latent fingerprints on paper. A preliminary evaluation," Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol.35, No.1, pp.169-175, 1990.
- M. Stoilovic, "Improved method for DFO development of latent fingerprints," Forensic Science International, Vol.60, No.3, pp.141-153, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0379-0738(93)90233-Z
- S. J. Gardner and F. H. Dudley, "Optimization and initial evaluation of 1, 2-indandione as a reagent for fingerprint detection," Journal of Forensic Sciences, Vol.48, No.6, pp.1288-1292, 2003.
- C. Wallace-Kunkel, C. J. Lennard, M. Stoilovic, and C. Roux, "Optimisation and evaluation of 1, 2-indanedione for use as a fingermark reagent and its application to real samples," Forensic Science International, Vol.168, No.1, pp.14-26, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2006.06.006
- J. T. Fish, L. S. Miller, M. C. Braswell, and E. W. Wallace Jr, Crime Scene Investigation, 3rdedition, Routledge, Abingdon, p.102, 2013.
- 김해솔, 손다솜, "일반논문: 한국 지폐에서의 잠재지문 현출실험," 경찰연구논집, Vol.11, 단일호, pp.21-38, 2013.
- C. Champod, C. J. Lennard, P. A. Margot, and M. Stoilovic, Fingerprints and Other Ridge Skin Impressions, CRC Press, Florida, p.124, 2004.
- 노승찬, 최미정, 김만기, 이오택, 박성우, "화학반응을 이용한 일반 프린트용지의 잠재지문 현출에 관한 연구," 한국분석과학회, 제20권, 제2호, pp.155-163, 2007.