- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Object Detection Using Combined Random Fern for RGB-D Image Format
RGB-D 영상 포맷을 위한 결합형 무작위 Fern을 이용한 객체 검출
- Received : 2016.06.02
- Accepted : 2016.08.02
- Published : 2016.09.28
While an object detection algorithm plays a key role in many computer vision applications, it requires extensive computation to show robustness under varying lightning and geometrical distortions. Recently, some approaches formulate the problem in a classification framework and show improved performances in object recognition. Among them, random fern algorithm drew a lot of attention because of its simple structure and high recognition rates. However, it reveals performance degradation under the illumination changes and noise addition, since it computes patch features based only on pixel intensities. In this paper, we propose a new structure of combined random fern which incorporates depth information into the conventional random fern reflecting 3D structure of the patch. In addition, a new structure of object tracker which exploits the combined random fern is also introduced. Experiments show that the proposed method provides superior performance of object detection under illumination change and noisy condition compared to the conventional methods.
Object Detection;Random Fern;RGB-D Image Format
Supported by : 한밭대학교
- Alper Yilmaz, Omar Javed, and Mubarak Shah, "Object tracking: A survey," Acm computing surveys (CSUR), Vol.38, Issue.4, 2006.
- 박한훈, 서병국, 박종일, "모델 기반 카메라 추적기술 동향," 전자공학회지, 제39권, 제2호, pp.66-75, 2012(2).
- D. G. Lowe, "Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints," International journal of computer vision, Vol.60, No.2, pp.91-110, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000029664.99615.94
- L. Fei-Fei, R. Fergus, and P. Perona, "One-shot learning of object categories," Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.28, No.4, pp.594-611, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2006.79
- M. Ozuysal, M. Calonder, V. Lepetit, and P. Fua, "Fast keypoint recognition using random ferns," Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.32, No.3, pp.448-461, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2009.23
- Vincent Lepetit and Pascal Fua, "Keypoint recognition using randomized trees," IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence, Vol.28, No.9, pp.1465-1479, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2006.188
- L. Cruz, D. Lucio, and L. Velho, "Kinect and rgbd images: Challenges and applications," In Graphics, Patterns and Images Tutorials (SIBGRAPI-T), 2012 25th SIBGRAPI Conference on, pp.36-49, 2012(8).
- P. Viola and M. Jones, "Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features," In Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR 2001, Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Computer Society Conference on, Vol.1, pp.I-511, 2001.
- Z. Kalal, K. Mikolajczyk, and J. Matas, "Tracking-learning-detection," Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on, Vol.34, No.7, pp.1409-1422, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2011.239
- J. Shi and C. Tomasi, "Good features to track," In Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Proceedings CVPR'94, 1994 IEEE Computer Society Conference on, pp.593-600, 1994(6).
- F. Zheng and G. I. Webb, "A comparative study of semi-naive bayes methods in classification learning," In Proceedings of the fourth Australasian data mining conference (AusDM05), pp.141-156, 2005.
- S. W. Hasinoff, F. Durand, and W. T. Freeman, "Noise-optimal capture for high dynamic range photography," In Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2010 IEEE Conference on, pp.553-560, 2010(6).
- T. Mallick, P. P. Das, and A. K. Majumdar, "Characterizations of noise in Kinect depth images: a review," Sensors Journal, IEEE, Vol.14, No.6, pp.1731-1740, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2014.2309987