- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Adverse Drug Reactions of Dextran 40 Treated to the Cerebral Infarction Patients
뇌경색 환자에게 사용된 덱스트란 40의 부작용 분석
- 김재현 (전주비전대학교 간호학부/전주예수병원 의약품부작용위원회)
- Received : 2016.05.12
- Accepted : 2016.07.15
- Published : 2016.09.28
Adverse drug reactions(ADRs) were caused by dexran 40 in patient with ischemic stroke and related 22 patients reported to formal ADRs at Jesus Hospital in Jeonju. This study was aimed to search ADRs related factors, type and the degree associated with dextran 40. Adverse Effects of Dextran 40 is including marked hypotension, nausea, dyspnea, generalized urticaria, fever and pulmonary edema. The average hospitalization period was 20 days and it was extended 26.8%. ADRs of Dextran 40 to incidence is 12.4%, and 9 persons(28.1%), itching, rash was 7 people (21.9%). Dextran induced ADRs reaction may be reported on early injection period and first time shot, but adverse drug reactions occurred after 4 days in 4 patients(18.2%). US FDA has recommanded that Dextran 1 significantly reduces the incidence of severe ADRs in USA. Because low molecular weighted dextran 1 prevented dextran molecules from combined Ig G completely. In Korea. Generally not yet introduced dextran 1, active use dextran 1 is able to be a good way in order to reduce ADRs of dextran 40.
- J. A. Farina Jr, C. E. Piccinato, A. D. Camppos, and M. A. Rossi, "Comparative study of isovolemic hemodilution with 3% albumin, dextran-40, and prophylactic enoxaparin (LMWH) on thrombus formation at venous microanastomosis in rats," Microsurgery, Vol.26, No.6, pp.456-466, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/micr.20270
- K. Gombocz, A. Beledi, N. Alotti, G. Kecskes, V. Gabor, L. Bogar, T. Koszegi, and J. Garai, "Influence of dextran-70 on systemic inflammatory response and myocardial ischemia-reperfusion following cardiac operations," Crit Care, Vol.11, No.4, p.R87, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1186/cc6095
- KFDA, 2006 Drug reevaluate major cases. Available from: http://www.ikwn.co.kr/bbs/list.html
- L. Jaemin, "Plasma volume expanders and intraoperative fluid therapy," Korean J Anesthesiol, Vol.56, No.5, pp.483-491, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.2009.56.5.483
- Drug Administration Protocol-Dextran 40 (Rheomacrodex), Liverpool Health Service Intensive Care Unit, First Issued December 2002.
- G. Biesenbach, W. Kaiser, and J. Zazgornik, "Incidence of acute oligoanuric renal failure in dextran 40 treated patients with acute ischemic stroke stage III or IV," Ren Fail, Vol.19, No.1, pp.69-75, 1997. https://doi.org/10.3109/08860229709026261
- A. P. Bhatt, V. T. Neppalli, E. A. Kelley, A. J. Schlueter, and C. P. Thomas, "Dextran Removal by Plasmapheresis in a Kidney-Pancreas Transplant Recipient With Dextran 40-Induced Osmotic Nephrosis," Am J Kidney Dis, Vol.57, No.4, pp.621-623, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.ajkd.2010.10.057
- C. E. Zinderman, L. Landow, and R. P. Wise, "Anaphylactoid reactions to Dextran 40 and 70: Reports to the United States Food and Drug Administration, 1969 to 2004," Journal of Vascular Surgery, Vol.43, No.5, pp.1004-1009, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2006.01.006
- E. C. Davies, C. F. Green, S. Tayler, P. R. Williamson, D. R. Mottram, and M. Pirmohamed, "Adverse drug reactions in hospital in-patients: a prospective analysis of 3695 patients-episodes," PLoS One, Vol.4, No.e4439, 2009.
- K. G. Ljungstrom, H. Renck, K. Stanberg, H. Hedin, W. Richter, and E. Wirdelov, "Adverse reactions to dextran in Sweden," Acta Chir Scand, Vol.149, pp.256-62, 1983.
- Y. A. Do and S. H. Lee, "Adverse drug reactions with oseltamivir treatment in the South Korea outbreak of 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1), Kor J Clin Pharm, Vol.21, No.4, pp.353-363, 2009.
- H. Kawano, K. Nomura, S. Kawahito, N. Ohshita, K. Tanaka, and S. Oshita, "Dextran-induced anaphylactic shock during general anesthesia: a case repor," Masui, Vol.61, No.11, pp.1265-8, 2012
- KIMS. dextran. Available from: http://www.kimsonline.co.kr./131_UnifiedSearch/DrugSearchList.aspx?src=header&PageSearch=T&PageWord=dextran(Last accessed on February 15, 2013).
- K. S. Lee, M. H. Kong, S. H. Chang, H. Cho, H. J. Lim, and N. S. Kim, "A Case Report of Anaphylactoid Reaction to Dextran 40," Korea Journal of Anesthesiology, Vol.27, No.12, 1822-26, 1994. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.19184.108.40.2062
- S. H. Cho, "Hypersensitivity Reaction," BioWave, Vol.7, No.3, 2005.
- J. Lazarou, B. H. Pomeranz, and P. N. Corey, "Incidence of adverse drug reactions in hospitalized patients: a meter-analysis of prospective studies," JAMA, Vol.279, No.15, pp.1200-1205, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.279.15.1200
- K. G. Ljungstrom, B. Willam, and H. Heidin, "Hapten inhibition of dextran anaphylaxis. Nine years of post-marketing surveillance of dextran 1," Ann Fr Anesth Reanim, Vol.12, No.2, pp.19-22, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0750-7658(16)30019-3