- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Compensation, Perceived Equity, and Performance: Review of the Theoretical Literature
보상, 지각된 공정성, 성과에 대한 이론적 논의
- Received : 2016.06.01
- Accepted : 2016.07.05
- Published : 2016.09.28
The main purpose of this study is the comprehensive review of the compensation system that affects the employee's job satisfaction and turnover intention. This study is mainly designed to review previous studies of the impact of compensation system, and suggest meaningful implications in relation to firm's performance. It is clarified that compensation is positively related to firm's performance, and the perceived equity mediates the relationship between compensation and performance. It is suggested that an empirical research should be done based on the formulated propositions of this research.
Supported by : 배재대학교
- R. I. Khan, H. D. Aslam, and I. Lodhi, "Compensation management: A strategic conduit towards achieving employee retention and job satisfaction in banking sector of Pakistan," International Journal of Human Resource Studies, Vol.1, No.1, pp.89-97, 2011.
- A. Kulchmanov and M. Kaliannan, "Does money motivate employees? empirical study of private and public financial sector in Kazakhstan," International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.9, No.11, pp.214-223, 2014.
- A. J. Tahir, R. Yusoff, A. Khan, K. Azam, M. S. Ahmed, and M. Z. Sahoo, "A comparison of intrinsic and extrinsic compensation instruments," World Journal of Social Sciences, Vol.1, No.4, pp.195-206, 2011.
- The Economist, Investing into Asia's reform landscape: Asia business outlook survey 2015, The Economist Corporate Network, 2015.
- A. S. DeNisi and R. W. Griffins, Human resources management, NY: Houghton Mifflin, 2008.
- R. W. Mondy, Human resource management, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2010.
- K. I. Hwangm I. H. Lee, and H. S. Rhee, "The influence on metropolitan university hospital administrative staff job satisfaction," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.14, No.1, pp.639-648, 2014.
- J. Campbell, Motivation, attitudes, goal setting, performance and interactive effects of pay for performance, MN: Capella University, 2007.
- I. R. Rasheed, H. D. Aslam, and S. Sarwar, "Motivational issues for teachers in higher education," Journal of Management Research, Vol.2, No.2, pp.1-23, 2010.
- D. Brown, Reward Strategies: From intent to impact, London: CIPD, 2001.
- R. Ali and M. S. Ahmed, "The impact of reward and recognition programs on employee's motivation and satisfaction: An empirical study," International Review of Business Research Papers, Vol.5, No.4, pp.270-279, 2009.
- J. S. Adams, Injustices in social exchange, In: L. Berkowitz (Ed.), Advances in experimental social psychology (2nd ed.), Academic Press, pp.267-299, 1965.
- B. F. Redmond, Lesson 5: Equity theory: Is what I get for my work fair compared to others? Work attitudes and motivation, The Pennsylvania State University World Campus, 2010.
- S. W. Shin, "The effects of compensation system quality on compensation system satisfaction and work efforts," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.9, No.9, pp.313-324, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.9.313
- Y. Paik, K. Parboteeah, and W. Shim, "The relationship between perceived compensation, organizational commitment and job satisfaction," International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.18, No.10, pp.1768-1781, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585190701570940
- J. Choi and C. C. Chen, "The relationships of distributive justice and compensation system fairness to employee attitudes in international joint ventures," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.28, No.6, pp.687-703, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.438
- A. Bakhshi, K. Kumar, and E. Rani, "Organizational justice perceptions as predictor of job satisfaction and organization commitment," International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.4, No.9, pp.145-154, 2009.
- A. H. Mphil, M. Ramzan, H. M. K. Zubair, G. Ali, and M. Arslan, "Impact of compensation on employee performance," International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol.5, No.2, pp.302-309, 2014.
- R. Q. Danish and A. Usman, "Impact of reward and recognition on job satisfaction and motivation: An empirical study from Pakistan," International Journal of Business and Management, Vol.5, No.20, pp.159-167, 2010.
- J. Cameron and W. D. Pierce, "Reinforcement, reward, and intrinsic motivation: A meta-analysis," Review of Educational Research, Vol.64, No.3, pp.363-423, 1994. https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543064003363
- R. P. Tett and J. P. Meyer, "Job satisfaction, organizational commitment, turnover intention, and turnover: Path analyses based on meta-analytic findings," Personnel Psychology, Vol.46, No.2, pp.259-293, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1993.tb00874.x
- C. Fernandes and R. Awamleh, "Impact of organizational justice in an expatriate work environment," Management Research News, Vol.29, No.11, pp.701-712, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/01409170610716016
- G. Flynn, "Is your recognition program understood?," Workforce, Vol.77, No.7, pp.30-35, 1998.
- D. Deeprose, How to recognize and reward employees, AMACOM, 2006.
- A. Ajmal, M. Bashir, M. Abrar, M. M. Khan, and S. Saqib, "The effects of intrinsic and extrinsic rewards on employee attitudes," Journal of Service Science and Management, Vol.8, No.4, pp.461-470, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4236/jssm.2015.84047
- P. Milne, "Motivation, incentives and organizational culture," Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.11, No.6, pp.28-38, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673270710832145