- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Influence of Interaction between Self-esteem and Reward Type on Effects of the International Relief Campaign
자존감과 보상 유형의 상호작용이 국제구호 캠페인의 효과에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.05.16
- Accepted : 2016.06.21
- Published : 2016.09.28
The current study investigated the impact of interaction between self-esteem and reward type on the effects of an international relief campaign. Self-esteem refers to how worthy a person feels about the self. Reward is differentiated by intrinsic or extrinsic type. An experimental research was conducted with 184 subjects by self-esteem
Self-esteem;Reward Type;International Relief Activity;Attitude toward Campaign;Behavioral Intention
- T. J. Bassett and A. Winter-Nelson, The Atlas of World Hunger, University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- D. Ein-Gar and L. Levontin, "Giving from a Distance: Putting the Charitable Organization at the Center of the Donation Appeal," J. of Consumer Psychology, Vol.23, No.2, pp.197-211, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcps.2012.09.002
- 홍서호, 차희원, "소셜 미디어 이용과 온라인 사회자본이 소셜 미디어 애플리케이션 중독에 미치는 영향," 한국언론학보, 제59권, 제5호, pp.207-238, 2015.
- A. Sargeant, J. Ford, and D. C. West, "Widening the Appeal of Charity," International J. of Nonprofit & Voluntary Marketing, Vol.5, No.4, pp.318-332, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.123
- W. W. Jr. Wymer, "Segmenting Volunteers Using Values, Self-esteem, Empathy, and Facilitation as Determinant Variables," J. of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Vol.5, No.2, pp.3-28, 1997.
- R. Bennett, "Factors Underlying the Inclination to Donate to Particular Types of Charity," International J. of Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector Marketing, Vol.8, No.1, pp.12-29, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.198
- T. McElroy, J. J. Seta, and D. A. Waring, "Reflections of the Self: How Self-esteem Determines Decision Framing and Increases Risk Taking," J. of Behavioral Decision Making, Vol.20, No.3, pp.223-240, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/bdm.551
- 이근주, 이혜윤, "보상 유형에 대한 차별적 기대가 공무원의 성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 한국행정학보, 제41권, 제2호, pp.117-140, 2007.
- T. H. Allison, B. C. Davis, J. C. Short, and J. W. Webb, "Crowdfunding in a Prosocial Microlending Environment: Examining the Role of Intrinsic versus Extrinsic Cues," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol.39, No.1, pp.53-73, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1111/etap.12108
- R. Bekkers and P. Wiepking, "A Literature Review of Empirical Studies of Philanthropy: Eight Mechanisms that Drive Charitable Giving," Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Vol.40, No.5, pp.924-973, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/0899764010380927
- J. D. Brown, and M. A. Marshall, "Self-esteem and Emotion: Some Thoughts about Feelings," Personality & Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol.27, No.5, pp.575-584, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167201275006
- R. F. Baumeister, J. D. Campbell, J. I. Krueger, and K. D. Vohs, "Does High Self-esteem Cause Better Performance, Interpersonal Success, Happiness, or Healthier Lifestyles?," Psychological Science in the Public Interest, Vol.4, No.1, pp.1-44, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1529-1006.01431
- S. Harter and N. Whitesell, "Beyond the Debate: Why Some Adolescents Report Stable Self-worth Over Time and Situation, whereas Others Report Changes in Self-worth," J. of Personality, Vol.71, No.6, pp.1027-1058, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6494.7106006
- K. H. Trzesniewski, M. B. Donnellan, T. E. Moffitt, R. W. Robins, R. Poulton, and A. Caspi, "Low Self-esteem during Adolescence Predicts Poor Health, Criminal Behavior, and Limited Economic Prospects during Adulthood," Developmental Psychology, Vol.42, No.2, pp.381-390, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-16126.96.36.1991
- 고기숙, 정미경, "현역 병사들의 자아존중감, 대인관계불안, 우울과 군생활적응의 관계," 한국콘텐츠학회지, 제11권, 제12호, pp.294-306, 2011.
- 박성복, 김규희, "고등학생의 자원봉사활동과 자아존중감," 복지행정논총, 제18권, 제2호, pp.91-113, 2008.
- R. J. Burke, "Personality, Self-image and Informal Helping Processes in Work Settings," Psychological Reports, Vol.50, No.3c, pp.1295-1302, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1982.50.3c.1295
- S. M. Miller, H. J. Ginsburg, and S. G. Rogow, "Self-esteem and Sharing in Fourth-grade Children," Social Behavior and Personality, Vol.9, No.2, pp.211-212, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.19188.8.131.52
- 강명석, 전인오, "노동보상이 금융공기업 종사자의 조직유효성에 미치는 영향: 자아효능감의 조절효과 검증," 한국콘텐츠학회지, 제13권, 제10호, pp.495-510, 2013.
- R. W. Rogers, "Cognitive and Physiological Processes in Fear Appeals and Attitude Change: A Revised Theory of Protection Motivation," In J. Cacioppo and R. Petty (Eds.), Social Psychophysiology, New York: Guilford Press, pp.153-176, 1983.
- 한영숙, 현성용, "외적 보상, 내. 외재동기, 과제유형이 문제 해결에 미치는 효과," 교육방법연구, 제22권, 제4호, pp.21-42, 2010.
- S. M. Puffer, "Prosocial Behavior, Noncompliant Behavior and Work Performance among Commission Salespeople," J. of Applied Psychology, Vol.72, No.4, pp.615-621, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.72.4.615
- F. L. Delmonico, R. Arnold, N. Scheper-Hughes, L. A. Siminoff, J. Kahn, and S. J. Youngner, "Ethical incentives - not payment - for organ donation," The New England J. of Medicine, Vol.346, No.25, pp.2003-2005, 2002.
- C. D. Batson, D. A. Lishner, J. Cook, and S. Sawyer, "Similarity and Nurturance: Two Possible Sources of Empathy for Strangers," Basic and Applied Social Psychology, Vol.27, No.1, pp.15-25, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15324834basp2701_2
- S. Renner, J. Lindenmeier, D. K. Tscheulin, and F. Drevs, "Guilt Appeals and Prosocial Behavior: An Experimental Analysis of the Effects of Anticipatory versus Reactive Guilt Appeals on the Effectiveness of Blood Donor Appeals," J. of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Vol.25, No.3, pp.237-255, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/10495142.2013.816595
- A. R. Soetevent, "Anonymity in Giving in a Natural Context: A Field Experiment in 30 Churches," J. of Public Economics, Vol.89, pp.2301-2323, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpubeco.2004.11.002
- C. Landry, A. Lange, J. A. List, M. K. Price, and N. G. Rupp, "Toward an Understanding of the Economics of Charity: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Quarterly J. of Economics, Vol.121, pp.747-782, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1162/qjec.2006.121.2.747
- R. A. Josephs, J. K. Bosson, and C. G. Jacobs, "Self-esteem Maintenance Processes: Why Low Self-esteem May Be Resistant to Change," Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol.29, No.7, pp.920-933, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167203029007010
- S. A. Heimpel, J. V. Wood, M. A. Marshall, and J. D. Brown, "Do People with Low Self-esteem Really Want to Feel Better? Self-esteem Differences in Motivation to Repair Negative Moods," J. of Personality & Social Psychology, Vol.82, No.1, pp.128-147, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.206
- 옥철호, 최혜경, "해외의료봉사활동 참여자들의 임파워먼트에 관한 실증연구," 국제사회복지학, 제3권, 제2호, pp.33-58, 2013.
- W. Y. Wu, C. T. Linn, C. S. Fu, and B. M. Sukoco, "The Role of Endorsers, Framing, and Rewards on the Effectiveness of Dietary Supplement Advertisements," J. of Health Communication, Vol.17, No.1, pp.54-75, 2012.
- M. Rosenberg, Society and Adolescent Self-image, Princeton University, 1965.
- 이승조, 최남도, "관점 수용과 긍.부정 프레이밍의 상호작용이 국제기아 돕기 캠페인의 효과에 미치는 영향," 한국언론학보, 제55권, 제3호, pp.153-178, 2011.
- L. Shen and L. M. M. Kollar, "Testing Moderators of Message Framing Effect: A Motivational Approach," Communication Research, Vol.42, No.5, pp.626-648, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1177/0093650213493924
- A. M. Reinhart, H. M. Marshall, T. H. Feely, and F. Tutzauer, "The Persuasive Effects of Message Framing in Organ Donation: The Mediating Role of Psychological Reactance," Communication Monograph, Vol.74, No.2, pp.229-255, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/03637750701397098
- M. H. Marshall and H. F. Feeley, "A Normative Approach to Shaping College Students' Attitudes toward Organ Donation," Communication Studies, Vol.57, No.4, pp.435-453, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/10510970600946343