- Volume 40 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Improvement of an Underactuated Prosthetic Hand Based on Grasp Performance Evaluation
파지성능 평가에 기반한 의수용 핸드의 설계 개선
- Received : 2015.11.30
- Accepted : 2016.07.04
- Published : 2016.10.01
It has been shown that the adaptive grasp feature can be implemented by underactuated robotic hands with a minimal number of actuators. Following this approach, a new design of prosthetic hand is presented. A method is proposed for evaluating grasp performance using cylinders, spheres, and square bars of various sizes. The effects of the major design parameters were investigated experimentally and an improved design is proposed.
Prosthetic Hand;Underactuated Mechanism;Grasp Performance Evaluation;Design of Experiments
- Touch Bionics Homepage, 'http://www.touchbionics.com/'
- Bebionic Homepage, 'http://bebionic.com/'
- Otto Bock USA Homepage, 'http://www.ottobockus.com/'
- Ko, H. K., Cho, C. H., Kwon, H. C. and Kim, K. H., 2012, "Design of an Underactuated Robot Hand Based on Displacement-Force Conversion Mechanism," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 509-516. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-012-0066-7
- Ko, H. K. and Kim, K. H., 2012, "Design Evolution of an Actuation System for Manipulator Upper Arm Based on TRIZ," Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Vol. 6 No. 1, pp. 131-139. https://doi.org/10.1299/jamdsm.6.131
- Ko, H. K., Cho, C. H. and Kim, K. H., 2010, "Design of an Economic Service Robot Hand Based on Biomimetics and TRIZ," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, No. 11, pp. 1741-1747 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.11.1741
- Ko, H. K., Kim, K. H., Kwon, H. C. and Cho, C. H., 2011, "Design of a Manipulator for Tele-Operation Applications," Proceedings of the 28 th International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, Vol. 6, pp. 638-642.
- Nasser, S., Rincon, D. and Rodriguez, M., 2006, "Design of a Low Cost, Highly Functional, Multifingered Hand Prosthesis," Proceedings of the Fourth LACCEI International Latin American and Caribbean Conference for Engineering and Technology.
- Yu, H. S., Kim, M. C. and Song, J. B., 2014, "Tendon-driven Adaptive Robot Hand," The Journal of Korea Robotics Society, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 258-263. https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2014.9.4.258
- Kim, T. S., Kim, D. H and Park, J. H., 2007, "Development of Dexterous H3 (Hanyang Humanoid Hand)," Proc. KSME Autumn Annual Meeting, 1-6.
- Mitsui, K., Ozawa, R. and Kou, T., 2013, "An Underactuated Robotic Hand for Multiple Grasps," In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2013 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on (pp. 5475-5480). IEEE.
- Huang, H., Jiang, L., Liu, Y., Hou, L., Cai, H. and Liu, H., 2006, "The Mechanical Design and Experiments of HIT/DLR Prosthetic Hand," In Robotics and Biomimetics, 2006. ROBIO'06. IEEE International Conference on (pp. 896-901). IEEE.
- Light, C. M., Chappell, P. H. and Kyberd, P. J., 2002, "Establishing a Standardized Clinical Assessment Tool of Pathologic and Prosthetic Hand Function: Normative Data, Reliability, and Validity," Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Vol. 83, pp. 776-783. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2002.32737
- Kim, K. H., Kwon, H. C., Lee, G. H., Lim, H. S., Lee, C. S., Lee, S. H., Lee, J. H. and Jeong, J. J., 2015, "Electric Prosthesis Based on EMG(Electromyogram) Method and the Remote Control Apparatus Thereof", Republic of Korea Patent 10-2015-0108137.
Supported by : 한국연구재단