- Volume 40 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design and Development of Electromagnetic Launcher for Low-High Velocity Impact Test
중고속 충돌 실험을 위한 전자기력 발사장치의 설계와 제작
- Kim, Hong Kyo (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Noh, Hak Gon (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kang, Beom Soo (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jeong (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2016.03.15
- Accepted : 2016.07.30
- Published : 2016.10.01
Many plane, UAV and drone fly in the sky as development of aviation industry. Plane and UAV fly and drone's propellers rotate so fast. Impact between flying objects which have high velocity threats passengers. Also the impact damages people, building and various property. Plane's operating speed is near sound velocity(340m/s), and propeller's rotating speed is less than that. Until now, impact experiment uses gas gun to get speed and the gun needs large space to entirely air expansion. Electromagnetic launcher, especially railgun, needs smaller space than gas gun to get enough speed about 500m/s. This paper explains electromagnetic launcher's operating principle, shows making electromagnetic launcher design guide line and suggests that it is a better apparatus to get low-high velocity.
Electromagnetic Launcher;Railgun;High Velocity Impact;Low Velocity Impact;Impact Test;Lorentz Force;LS-DYNA EM;PSIM Demo
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Noh, H., Yoon, J., Song, W., Kang, B. and Kim, J., 2013, "Numerical Approach to Investigate Formability Enhancement of Electromagnetic Forming," Trans. Kor. Soc. Automot. Eng, Vol. 30, No. 7, pp. 733-740.
- Kim, H. K., Noh, H. G., Kang, B. S. and Kim, J., 2014, "Design of a Free Bulge Test Coil Using Electromagnetic Forces and Comparison between Experimental and Numerical Results," Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 23, No. 7, pp. 431-438. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.7.431
- Kim, J.-T., Woo, S.-C., Kim, J.-Y. and Kim, T.-W., 2012, "Compressive Deformation Behaviors of Aluminum Alloy in a SHPB Test," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A., Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 617-622.
- Sarva, S., Mulliken, A. D. and Boyce, M. C., 2007, "Mechanics of Taylor Impact Testing of Polycarbonate," Int. J. Solids Struct., Vol. 44, No. 7-8, pp. 2381-2400. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2006.07.012
- http://www.zdnet.com/article/navy-gets-another-hype rsonic-railgun-fires-test-shots/
- Putzar, R. and Schaefer, F., 2015, "EMI's TwinGun Concept for a New Light-gas Gun Type Hypervelocity Accelerator," Procedia Eng., Vol. 103, pp. 421-426. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2015.04.041
- Tanaka, S., Hokamoto, K., Irie, S., Okano, T., Ren, Z., Vesenjak, M. and Itoh, S., 2011, "High-Velocity Impact Experiment of Aluminum Foam Sample Usingpowder Gun," Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 44, No. 10, pp. 2185-2189.
- Thurmond, L. E., Ahrens, B. K. and Barber, J. P., 1991, "Measurement of the Velocity Skin Effect [in Railgun Applications]," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 27, Issue 1, pp. 326-328. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.101050
- Shvetsov, G. A. and Stankevich, S. V., 2009, "Comparison Between 2-D and 3-D Electromagnetic Modeling of Railgun," IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 453-457. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.2008919
- Hoer, C. and Love, C., 1965, "Exact Inductance Equations for Rectangular Conductors With Applications to More Complicated Geometries," J. Res. Nbs. C Eng. Inst., Vol. 69C, No. 2, pp. 127-137.
- Maniglia, J., Smiroldo, J., Westfall, A. and Zohar, G., 2011, "Design, Fabrication, and Testing of an Electromagnetic Rail Gun for the Repeated Testing and Simulation of Orbital Debris Impacts," Aerospace Engineering Department of California Polytechnic State University.