- Volume 40 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Wear Characteristics of Carburized SCM415 Steel for Control Valve
컨트롤 밸브용 침탄 SCM415강의 마멸 특성
- Lee, Jeong Won (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Na, Seong Hyeon (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yoon, Dong Hyun (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Sun Hyoung (DAEMO industry Corporation) ;
- Kim, Hyung Gong (DAEMO industry Corporation) ;
- Kim, Jae Hoon (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- 이정원 (충남대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 나성현 (충남대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 윤동현 (충남대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 한순형 (대모엔지니어링) ;
- 김형곤 (대모엔지니어링) ;
- 김재훈 (충남대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2016.05.13
- Accepted : 2016.07.25
- Published : 2016.10.01
SCM415 steel for the control valve undergoes wear because of continuous movement between the valve and valve case. The wear of the valve interrupts the performance of the valve, and decreases the service life. In this study, wear characteristics of the as-received and carburized SCM415 steels are evaluated. The wear tests are conducted for various temperatures and loads using a reciprocating wear tester. From these results, wear loss, specific wear rate, and coefficient of friction are analyzed. The wear mechanism was analyzed by SEM. The interaction effects between loads and temperatures on wear loss are determined for analysis of variance using MINITAB.
Wear;Specific Wear Rate;Carburizing;Coefficient of Friction
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Jang, J. H., Kim, J. H., Kim, C. H. and Moon, Y. H., 2008, "Effect of Coating Laver Hardness on the Wear Characteristics of Diesel Engine Cylinder Linerpiston Ring," Transaction of Materials Processing, Vol. 17, No.5, pp. 343-349. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2008.17.5.343
- Jang, J. H., Kim, J. H., Kim, C. H. and Moon, Y. H., 2007, "Abrasive Wear Characteristics of Materials for Diesel Engine Cylinder Liner and Piston Ring," Journal of the Korean Society for Heat Treatment, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 72-77.
- Cavallaro, G. P., 1995, "Bending Fatigue and Contact Fatigue Characteristics of Carburized Gears," Surface and Coating Technology, Vol. 71, No. 2, pp. 182-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/0257-8972(94)01019-F
- Krauss, G., 1990, "Steels: Heat Treatment and Processing Principles," ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio.
- Stickels, C. A., 1992, "Carburizing, ASM Handbook," Friction Lubrication and Wear Technology, Vol. 18, pp. 873-877.
- Juri, P., Mart, V. and Sergei L., 2006, "Friction and Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Cermets," Wear, Vol. 260, pp. 815-825. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2005.04.006
- Cho, Y. S. and Park, H. S., 2011, "Wear Characteristics of AlBC for Piston Head of Power Servo Cylinder," Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 65-70.
- Venkatesan, K., Subramanian, C. and Summervile, E., 1997, "Tree-body Abrasion of Surface Engineered Die Steel at Elecated Temperature," Wear, Vol. 203, pp. 129-138.
- Kim, N. S., Kim, H. S., Seong, K. Y., Ahn, S. H. and Nam, K. W., 2009, "A Study on Wear Property of Oil Hydraulic Piston Pump Material," JOET, Vol. 23, pp. 30-34.
- Descartes, S., Desrayaud, C., Niccolini, E. and Berthier, Y., 2005, "Presence and Role of the Third Body in a Wheel-Rail Contact," Wear, Vol. 258, No. 7, pp. 1081-1090. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2004.03.068