- Volume 40 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design of the Tractrix Die Used in the DDI Process for Manufacturing CG Pressure Vessels
CNG 압력용기 제작을 위한 D.D.I. 공정의 Tractrix 다이 최적설계
- Lee, Kwang O (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Sim, Hyeon Dae (Mechanical Convergence Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kwak, Hyo seo (Mechanical Convergence Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2016.05.16
- Accepted : 2016.08.12
- Published : 2016.10.01
Tractrix dies, used in the deep drawing process, can be used to form CNG pressure vessels without a blank holder. Previous studies had only applied tractrix profiles to perform the first deep drawing process of DDI; but an optimal design of the tractrix die that focuses on improving die life and reducing production cost has not been performed yet. In this study, finite element analyses of deep drawing processes were conducted according to heights of the tractrix die by using translating asymptotes. In addition, researchers analyzed von-Mises stresses at the part of stress concentration of the die according to the forming punch loads in order to propose an optimal tractrix die design.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yoon, J. H., Jung, S. Y., Choi, Y., Kim, C. and Choi, J. C., 2002, "A Study on the Development of Computer-Aided Process Planning System for the Deep Drawing & Ironing of High Pressure Gas Cylinder," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 177-186.
- Kim, E. S., Kim, J. H., Park, Y. S., Kim, C. and Choi, J. C., 2003, "Development of an Automated Design System of CNG Composite Vessel Using Steel Liner Manufactured by D.D.I Process," Journal of KSPE, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 205-213.
- Park, C. W., Kim, C., Kim, Y. H. and Choi, J. C., 2003, "A Study of Automated Process Planning Using Autofrettage for Large-Sized High Pressure Vessel," Spring Conference Proceeding, KSAE, pp. 167-172.
- Narayanasamya, R. and Loganathanb, C., 2005, "Study on Wrinkling Limit of Commercially Pure Aluminium Sheet Metals of Different Grades when Drawn Through Conical and Tractrix Dies," Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 419, No. 1-2, pp. 249-261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2005.12.026
- Iliescu, C., 1990, Cold-Pressing Technology, Elsevier Science Publishing Company, INC., p. 281.
- NK Co., Ltd, 2001, Process Planning and Die Design for Liner of CNG Cylinder, NK Co., Ltd, pp. 12-41.
- Bae, J. H., Lee, H. W., Kim, M. S. and Kim C., 2013, "Optimal Process Planning of CNG Pressure Vessel by Ensuring Reliability and Improving Die Life," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp. 865-871. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.7.865
- Shim, H. B. and Yang, D. Y., 1994, "Elastic-Plastic Finite Element Analysis of Deep Drawings of Circular and Square Cups Considering Bending," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 18, No. 7, pp. 1738-1750. https://doi.org/10.22634/KSME.1922.214.171.1248
- Choi, J. C., Jung, S. Y. and Kim, C., 2004, "Development of an Automated Design System of a CNG Composite Vessel Using a Steel Liner Manufactured Using the DDI Process," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 24, No. 11, pp. 781-788. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-003-1798-4
- Transvalor, 2016, Transvalor Solution-Forge NxT 1.0-Reference Document-Processes Tutorial, Part 5 : Process data, Transvalor, Padova, p. 84.