- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Relationship between CSR Activity and Purchase Motivation
- Nakamura, Yoshiki (Department of Business Administration, Aoyama Gakuin University)
- Received : 2016.06.22
- Accepted : 2016.09.05
- Published : 2016.09.30
Companies have developed a keen interest in bolstering their CSR activities. Especially in Japan, CSR is strongly associated with social contribution and
CSR;ISO26000;Data Analysis;Covariance Structure Analysis
- Alexander, A., Francis, A., Kyire, L. A., and Mohammed, H. (2014), The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility on Brand Building, International Journal of Marketing Studies, 6, 126-134.
- Becker-Olsen, K. L., Cudmore, B. A., and Hill, R. P. (2006), The Impact of Perceived Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer Behavior, Journal of Business Research, 59, 46-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2005.01.001
- Bernhart M. S. and Maher, F. J. S. (2011), ISO 26000 in Practice: A User Guide Paperback, Quality Press.
- Blunch, N. J. (2013), Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling Using IBM SPSS Statistics and Amos 2nd ed. Edition, SAGE Publications.
- Boonpattarakan, A. (2012), An Experimental Design to Test the Main and Interaction Effects of CSR Involvement, Brand Naming and Pricing on Purchase Intentions in Thailand, International Journal of Business and Management, 7, 62-79.
- Brown, T. J. and Dacin, P. A. (1997), The Company and the Product: Corporate Associations and Consumer Product Responses, Journal of Marketing, 61, 68-84.
- Carroll, A. B. and Shabana, K. M. (2010), The Business Case for Corporate Social Responsibility: A Review of Concepts, Research and Practice, International Journal of Management Reviews, 12, 85-105. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2370.2009.00275.x
- Dodds, W. B., Monroe, K. B., and Grewal, D. (1991), Effects of Price, Brand, and Store Information on Buyers' Product Evaluations, Journal of Marketing Research, 28, 307-319. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172866
- Drumwright, M. E. (1994), Socially Responsible Organizational Buying: Environmental Concern as a Noneconomic Buying Criterion, Journal of Marketing, 58, 1-19.
- Francesco Perrini, F., Russo, A., and Tencati, A. (2007), CSR Strategies of SMEs and Large Firms, Evidence from Italy, Journal of Business Ethics, 74, 285-300. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-006-9235-x
- Gatignon, H. (2014), Statistical Analysis of Management Data 3rd ed. 2014 Edition, Springer.
- Graafland, J. and Ven, B. (2006), Strategic and Moral Motivation for Corporate Social Responsibility, Journal of Corporate Citizenship, 22, 111-123.
- Keidanren (2015), Summary of the Survey on Corporate Philanthropic Activities in Fiscal 2014, http://www.keidanren.or.jp/en/policy/2015/089_summary.pdf (Accessed 15 June 2016).
- Lee, K. and Shin, D. (2010), Consumers' Responses to CSR Activities: The Linkage between Increased Awareness and Purchase Intention, Public Relations Review, 36, 193-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pubrev.2009.10.014
- Maignan, I., Ferrell, O. C., and Hult, G. T. M. (1999), Corporate Citizenship: Cultural Antecedents and Business Benefits, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 27, 455-469. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070399274005
- Mohr, L. A., Webb, D. J., and Harris, K. E. (2001), Do Consumers Expect Companies to be Socially Responsible? The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Buying Behavior, Journal of Consumer Affairs, 35, 45-72. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.2001.tb00102.x
- Peloza, J. and Hassay, D. (2008), Make versus Buy Philanthropy: Managing Firm-Cause Relationships for Strategic and Social Benefit, Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing, 19, 69-90. https://doi.org/10.1300/J054v19n02_04
- Pivato, S., Misani, N., and Tencati, A. (2008), The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer Trust: The Case of Organic Food, Business Ethics, A European Review, 17, 3-12.
- Ross III, J. K., Stutts, M. A., and Patterson, L. (1991), Tactical Considerations for the Effective Use of Cause-Related Marketing, Journal of Applied Business Research, 7, 58-65.
- Schiffman, L. G. and Kanuk, L. L. (2000), Consumer Behavior, Prentice Hall.
- Sen, S. and Bhattacharya, C. B. (2001), Does Doing Good Always Lead to Doing Better? Consumer Reactions to Corporate Social Responsibility, Journal of Marketing Research, 38, 25-243.
- Tibbett L. S. (1997), Growing the Green Market, Americun Demogruphics, 19, 45-49.
- Wu, S. and Wang, W. (2014), Impact of CSR Perception on Brand Image, Brand Attitude and Buying Willingness: A Study of a Global Cafe, International Journal of Marketing Studies, 6, 43-56.
- Weber, M. (2008), The Business Case for Corporate Social Responsibility: A company-level measurement approach for CSR, European Management Journal, 26, 247-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.emj.2008.01.006