- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Enhanced OLSR Routing Protocol Using Link-Break Prediction Mechanism for WSN
- Jaggi, Sukhleen (Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chandigarh University) ;
- Wasson, Er. Vikas (Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Chandigarh University)
- Received : 2016.07.09
- Accepted : 2016.08.11
- Published : 2016.09.30
In Wireless Sensor Network, various routing protocols were employed by our Research and Development community to improve the energy efficiency of a network as well as to control the traffic by considering the terms, i.e. Packet delivery rate, the average end-to-end delay, network routing load, average throughput, and total energy consumption. While maintaining network connectivity for a long-term duration, it's necessary that routing protocol must perform in an efficient way. As we discussed Optimized Link State Routing protocol between all of them, we find out that this protocol performs well in the large and dense networks, but with the decrease in network size then scalability of the network decreases. Whenever a link breakage is encountered, OLSR is not able to periodically update its routing table which may create a redundancy problem. To resolve this issue in the OLSR problem of redundancy and predict link breakage, an enhanced protocol, i.e. S-OLSR (More Scalable OLSR) protocol has been proposed. At the end, a comparison among different existing protocols, i.e. DSR, AODV, OLSR with the proposed protocol, i.e. S-OLSR is drawn by using the NS-2 simulator.
Wireless Sensor Network;Scalability;Routing Protocol;OLSR;Link-Break;Energy Consumption
- Bouhorma, M., Bentaouit, H., and Boudhir, A. (2009), Performance comparison of ad-hoc routing protocols AODV and DSR, In Multimedia Computing and Systems, ICMCS, International Conference on, IEEE, 511-514.
- Clausen, T. and Jacquet, P. (2003), Optimized link state routing protocol (OLSR), (RFC 3626).
- Dhage, M. S. V., Thakre, A. N., and Mohod, S. W. (2014), A Review on Scalability Issue in Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE), 1, 463-466.
- Dhote, C. A., Pund, M. A., Mangrulkar, R. S., and Shahade, M. M. R. (2010), Hybrid routing protocol with broadcast reply for mobile Ad hoc network, International Journal of Computer Applications, 1(10).
- Hong, X., Xu, K., and Gerla, M. (2002), Scalable routing protocols for mobile ad hoc networks, IEEE network, 16(4), 11-21. https://doi.org/10.1109/MNET.2002.1020231
- Jacquet, P., Muhlethaler, P., Clausen, T., Laouiti, A., Qayyum, A., and Viennot, L. (2001), Optimized link state routing protocol for ad hoc networks, In Multi Topic Conference, IEEE INMIC, Technology for the 21st Century, Proceedings, IEEE International, IEEE, 62-68.
- Jaggi, S. and Wasson (2016), A Review and Comparative Study of Different Routing Protocols in Ad Hoc Networks, International Journal of Advanced Research, 4(6).
- Khandakar, A. (2012), Step by Step Procedural Comparison of DSR, AODV and DSDV Routing protocol, International Proceedings of Computer Science and Information Tech, 40, 36.
- Kilinkaridis, T. (1999), Routing Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks.
- Leanna, V. Y. and Rahmat, B. (2013), Comparison of proactive and reactive routing protocol in mobile adhoc network based on 'Ant-algorithm', In Computer, Control, Informatics and Its Applications (IC3INA), 2013 International Conference on, IEEE, 153-158.
- Malany, A. B., Dhulipala, V. S., and Chandrasekaran, R. M. (2009), Throughput and delay comparison of MANET routing protocols, Int. J. Open Problems Compt. Math, 2(3), 461-468.
- Palaniammal, M. and Lalli, M. (2014), Comparative study of routing Protocols for MANETs, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Applications, 2(2), 118-127.
- Patil, V. P. (2012), Reactive and proactive routing protocol performance evaluation for qualitative and quantitative analysis in mobile ad hoc network, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 2(9), 1-8.
- Rajeshkumar, V. and Sivakumar, P. (2013), Comparative study of AODV, DSDV and DSR routing protocols in MANET using network simulator-2, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 2(12).
- Royer, E. M. and Toh, C. K. (1999), A review of current routing protocols for ad hoc mobile wireless networks, IEEE personal communications, 6(2), 46-55. https://doi.org/10.1109/98.760423
- Sarkar, S. K., Basavaraju, T. G., and Puttamadappa, C. (2007), Ad hoc mobile wireless networks: principles, protocols and applications, CRC Press.
- Shivahare, B. D., Wahi, C., and Shivhare, S. (2012), Comparison of proactive and reactive routing protocols in mobile adhoc network using routing protocol property, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Website: www.ijetae.com, 2(3).
- Simmy Dhiman, Dr. Sona Malhotra, 2012. Analysis of Link Breakage Prediction in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. In International Journal of Computer Science and Technology, 3(2), 169-170.
- Snigdh, I. and Gosain, D. (2016), Analysis of scalability for routing protocols in wireless sensor networks, Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, 127(5), 2535-2538. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2015.11.077
- Sohraby, K., Minoli, D., and Znati, T. (2007), Wireless sensor networks: technology, protocols, and applications, John Wiley and Sons.
- Jaggi, S. and Wasson, V. (2016), A Review and Comparative Study of Different Routing Protocols in Ad Hoc Networks, International Journal of Advanced Research, 4(6), 1200-120. https://doi.org/10.21474/IJAR01/806