- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Preparation and Adhesion Performances of Transparent Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Containing Acrylamide Monomer for Optical Applications
- Baek, Seung-Suk (Department of Polymer Science & Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Jang, Se-Jung (R&D Center, Aekyung Chemical) ;
- Hwang, Seok-Ho (Department of Polymer Science & Engineering, Dankook University)
- Received : 2016.06.09
- Accepted : 2016.07.01
- Published : 2016.09.30
Transparent acrylic pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) were successfully prepared by photopolymerization with 2-ethylhexyl acrylate (2-EHA) and 2-hydroxyethyl acrylate (2-HEA) as a default constituent and with isobornyl acrylate (IBOA) and N-(isobutoxymethyl)acrylamide (IBMA) as a variable constituent. The IBMA mole fraction effect in the acrylic PSAs was investigated on adhesion performances and the optical properties including 85/85 test as well as the characteristics (solid content, and molecular weight) of the PSA syrups were also investigated. Regardless increasing the IBMA mole fraction in the acrylic PSAs, the acrylic PSAs exhibited almost the same adhesion performance such as
- W. H. Shecut and H. H. Day, U.S. Patent 3,965 (1845).
- I. Benedek, "Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives and Application", 2nd Ed., Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 2004.
- C. Creton, "Materials Science and Technology: A Comprehensive Treatment", VCH, Weinheim, 1997.
- S. M. Taghizadeh and D. Ghasemi, "Rheological and Adhesion Properties of Acrylic Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives", Iran Polym. J., 19, 343 (2011).
- H. S. Park, "A Study on the Synthesis of Acrylic Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives and its Adhesive Characteristics; 1. Solution Type by Melamine Derivative Crosslinking", Polym. Korea, 16, 693 (1992).
- J. S. Bae, E. K. Park, H. S. Park, and M. S. Pyun, "A Study on the Synthesis of Acrylic Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives and its Adhesive Characteristics; 2. Solution Type by Isocyanate Crosslinking", Polym. Korea, 17, 203 (1993).
- R. Mehnert, A. Pincus, I. Janorsky, R. Stowe, and A. Berejka, "UV & EB Curing Technology & Equipment", John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1998.
- T. Kauffman, "A New Cure for Sticky Situation", Adhesives Age, Sep., s8 (1999).
- M. Okido, "The Latest Development of UV/EB Curable Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive", Adhesion, 43, 23 (1999).
- T. Doba, "Visible-Ray Curable Adhesive", J. Adh. Soc. Jap., 35, 521 (1999).
- K. Kimura, "Fast-Curable Adhesive", J. Adh. Soc. Jap., 35, 323 (1999).
- M. Nakazawa, "Newly UV Polymerized Non-Solvent Type Acryl Adhesive", J. Adh. Soc. Jap., 36, 28 (2000).
- C. H. Park, S. J. Lee, T. H. Lee, and H. J. Kim, "Characterization of an Acrylic Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive Blended with Hydrophilic Monomer Exposed to Hydrothermal Aging: Assigning Cloud Point Resistance as an Optically Clear Adhesive for a Touch Screen Panel", React. Funct. Polym., 100, 130 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.reactfunctpolym.2016.01.012
- S. W. Lee, J. W. Park, C. H. Park, H. J. Kim, E. A. Kim, and H. S. Woo, "Optical Properties and Adhesion Performance of Optically Clear Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesives Using Chelate Metal Acetylacetonate", Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 47, 21 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2013.09.006
- Z. Czech, "Crosslinking of Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Based on Water-borne Acrylate", Polym. Int., 52, 347 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1002/pi.1151
- S.-S. Baek, S. W. Lee, and S.-H. Hwang, "Synthesis of UV Curable 4,4'-Thiodibenzenethiol-Based Epoxy Acrylate and Their Refractive Index Behavior", Polym. Korea, 37, 121 (2013). https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2013.37.1.121
- I. B. Kim and M. C. Lee, "Adhesive and Removable Characteristics of UV Curable Adhesive", Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 46, 76 (2008).
- S.-S. Baek, S.-J. Jang, J.-H. Lee, D.-H. Kho, S.-H. Lee, and S.-H. Hwang, "Preparation of Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesives for Optical Applications and Their Adhesion Performance", Polym. Korea, 38, 199 (2014). https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2014.38.2.199
- S.-S. Baek, S.-J. Jang, and S.-H. Hwang, "The Effect of Crosslinker Type on Adhesion Properties of Transparent Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesives for Optical Applications", Elast. Compos., 49, 199 (2014). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2014.49.3.199
- J. Piglowski and M. Kozlowski, "Rheological Properties of Pressure-Sensitive Adhesives: Polyisobutylene/Sodium Carboxy-Methylcellulose", Rheol. Acta, 24, 519 (1985). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01462499
- M. Michaelis, R. Brummer, and C. S. Leopold, "Plasticization and Antiplasticization of an Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesive by Ibuprofen and Their Effect on the Adhesion Properties", Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm., 86, 234 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2013.07.005
- S.-S. Baek and S.-H. Hwang, "Preparation and Adhesion Performance of Transparent Acrylic Pressure-sensitive Adhesives Containing Menthyl Acrylate", Polym Bull., 73, 687 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00289-015-1510-5
- J. Kajtna and M. Krajnc, "Solventless UV Crosslinkable Acrylic Pressure Sensitive Adhesives", Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 31, 822 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2011.08.002
- W. Brockmann and R. Hüther, "Adhesion Mechanisms of Pressure Sensitive Adhesives", Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 16, 81 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1016/0143-7496(96)89797-1
- R. Seighi, E. Hewlett, and J. Kim, "Visual and Instrumental Colorimetric Assessments of Small Color Differences on Translucent Dental Porcelain", J. Dent. Res., 68, 1760 (1989). https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345890680120801
- M. Gross and J. Moser, "A Colorimetric Study of Coffee and Tea Staining of Four Composite Resins", J. Oral Rehab., 4, 311 (1977). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2842.1977.tb00997.x