- Volume 51 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Preparation and Properties of Polybenzoxazole Copolymers Bearing Pendants and Imide Ring in the Main Chain
- Lee, Seul Bi (R&D Center, Korea Optics Technology Institute) ;
- Lee, Eung Jae (Department of Bioenvironmental & Chemical Engineering, Chosun College of Science & Technology) ;
- Choi, Jae Kon (Department of Biochemical & Polymer Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2016.07.28
- Accepted : 2016.08.09
- Published : 2016.09.30
A series of aromatic poly(hydroxyamide)s (PHAs) containing varying oligo(oxyethylene) substituents and 1,3-phenylene imide ring unit in the main chain were synthesized by the direct polycondensation reaction. The inherent viscosities of the PHAs exhibited in the range of 0.89~1.12 dL/g in DMAc or DMAc/LiCl solution. The PH-2~5 copolymers were easily soluble in strong aprotic solvents: DMAc, NMP, DMSO etc. and the PH-5 copolymer was soluble in less polar solvents such as m-creasol and pyridine with LiCl salt on heating. However, all PBOs were quite insoluble in other solvents, but only partially soluble in sulfuric acid. All copolymers (PH-2~5) could afford the flexible and tough films by solution casting. We identified that the PHAs were converted to the PBOs by the thermal cyclization reaction in the range of
Supported by : 조선대학교
- S. H. Hsiao and J. H. Chiou, "Aromtic Polybenzoxazoles Containing Ether Sulfone Linkages", J. Polym. Sci. Part A, Polym. Chem., 39, 2262 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/pola.1203
- Y. Zhuang and Y. Gu, "Poly(benzoxazole-amide-imide) Copolymers for Interlevel Dielectrics: Interchain Hydrogen Bonding, Molecular Arrangement and Properties", J. Polym. Res., 20, 168 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10965-013-0168-7
- P. K. Kim, P. Pierini, and R. Wessling, "Thermal and Flammability Properties of Poly(p-phenylene-benzoxazole)", J. Fire Sci., 11, 296 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1177/073490419301100402
- H. Zhang, R. J. Farris, and P. R. Westmoreland, "Low Flammability and Thermal Decomposition Behavior of Poly(3,3'-dihydroxybiphenylisophthal amide) and Its Derivatives", Macromolecules, 36, 3944 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma021764x
- S. Y. Wu, S. M. Yuen, C. C. M. Ma, and Y. L. Huang, "Synthesis and Properties of Aromatic Polyimide, Poly(benzoxazole imide), and Poly(benzoxazole amide imide)", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 113, 2301 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.30212
- J. H. Chang, M. J. Chen, and R. J. Farris, "Effect of Heat Treament on the Thermal and Mechanical Properties of a Precursor: Polyhydroxy Amide", Polymer, 39, 5649 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(97)10364-0
- G. S. Liou, "New Rigid-rod and Strictly Alternating Poly(benzoxazole-imide)s Containing Methyl-Substituted p-phenylene Units in the Main Chain", Macromol. Chem. Phys., 201, 42 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3935(20000101)201:1<42::AID-MACP42>3.0.CO;2-H
- D. Y. Wee, J. W. Han, and J. K. Choi, "Preparation and Characteristics of the Blends of Polyimide and Polybenzoxazole Having Imide Ring", Polymer(Korea), 37, 420 (2013).
- B. Y. Ryu, D. S. Yoon, S. K. Choi, J. K. Choi, and B. W. Jo, "Polybenzoxazole Precursors with Dimethylphenoxy/Alkoxy Pendant Groups for Flame Retarding Applications", J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 12, 700 (2001).
- H. W. Jang, S. B. Lee, and J. K. Choi, "Synthesis and Thermal Properties of Poly(benzoxazole)s Based on Pendants", Elast. Compos., 50, 138 (2015). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2015.50.2.138
- E. J. Lee, D. S. Yoon, M. S. Bang, and J. K. Choi, "Synthesis and Characterization of Polybenzoxazole Precursors Having Oligo(oxyethylene) Pendant", J. Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 14, 2550 (2013). https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2550
- Y. Maruyama, Y. Oishi, M. Kakimoto, and Y. Imai, "Synthesis and Properties of Fluorine-Containing Aromatic Poly(benzoxazole) s from Bis(o-aminophenols) and Aromatic Diacid Chlorides by the Silylation Method", Macromolecules, 21, 2305 (1998).
- D. S. Yoon, J. K. Choi, and B. W. Jo, "Synthesis and Characterization of PBO Precursors Containing Dimethylphenoxy and/or MPEG Pendant Groups", Polymer(Korea), 29, 493 (2005).
- D. Y. Wee, J. K. Choi, and C. H. Lee, "Synthesis and Thermal Properties of Aromatic Polyhydroxyamides Containing Imide Ring in the Main Chain", Elast. Compos., 46, 295 (2011).
- S. H. Hsiao and C. P. Yang, "Preparation of Polyamide- Imides via the Phosphorylation Reaction. II. Synthesis of Wholly Aromatic Polyamide-Imides from N-[p-(or m-)Carboxyphenyl] Trimellitimides and Various Aromatic Diamines", J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 28, 1149 (1990). https://doi.org/10.1002/pola.1990.080280515
- S. H. Hsiao and Y. H. Huang, "A New Class of Aromatic Polybenzoxazoles Containing Ortho-Phenylenedioxy Group", Eur. Polym. J., 40, 1127 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2004.01.011
- S. H. Hsiao and C. H. Yu, "Aromatic Polybenzoxazoles Bearing Ether and Isopropylidene or Hexaflouroisopropylidene Unit in the Main Chain", Macromol. Chem. Phys., 199, 1247 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3935(19980701)199:7<1247::AID-MACP1247>3.0.CO;2-Y
- J. H. Chang and R. J. Farris, "Characterization of Two Precursor Polyblends: Polyhydroxyamide and Poly(amic acid)", Poly. Eng. & Sci., 40, 320 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.11165
- M. P. Stevens, "Polymer Chemistry an Introduction", 3rd Ed. p. 375, Oxford University Press Inc, New York, 1999.
- T. K. Kim, K. Y. Choi, K. S. Lee, D. W. Park, and M. Y. Jin, "Thermal Conversion of t-butyloxycarbonyloxy attached Polyamides to Polybenzoxazoles", Polym. Bull., 44, 55 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1007/s002890050573
- S. E. Lee, Y. H. Song, and K. S. Chung, "Incombustibility of Polypropylene by Metal Addition Flame Retardant", J. KOSOS, 20, 4 (2006).
- 백두현, 이민호, "초고성능 PBO 섬유", Fiber Technol. Ind., 11, 261 (2007).
- SB Lee for MSc degree, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea, 2016.