- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Ratio of Household Healthcare Spending to Household Income
가구소득 수준과 의료비 지출 비중의 관련성: 한국의료패널 자료 분석
- Park, Hyunchun (Department of Health Sciences, Global Health) ;
- Noh, Jin-Won (University Medical Centre Groningen/University of Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Beom (Department of Health Sciences, Global Health) ;
- Kwon, Young Dae
- 박현춘 (을지대학교 의료경영학과/국제보건의료연구소) ;
- 노진원 ;
- 김경범 (을지대학교 의료경영학과/국제보건의료연구소) ;
- 권영대 (가톨릭대학교 의과대학 인문사회의학과/의료경영연구소)
- Received : 2016.06.21
- Accepted : 2016.09.26
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study tried to find the relationship between household income level and medical expense to household income ratio. For data analysis, it used 2010 and 2011 yearly data beta version of Korea Health Panel, co-managed by Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs and National Health Insurance Corporation. To find out how the effect of independent variable changes in 2010 and 2011, the interaction effect between year and independent variable was examined, and separating the factors that showed interaction effect into each year, linear regression analysis was conducted using generalized estimating equations method. As a result of reviewing the factors that were related to medical expense to household income ratio among the people who used medical services, it was found that the higher the household income level, the lower the medical expense. It indicates that policy measures are needed to lessen the medical burden of low-income families.
Health Spending;Household Income;Health Expenditure
- J. P. Ruger and H. J. Kim, "Out-of-pocket healthcare spending by the poor and chronically ill in the Republic of Korea," American Journal of Public Health, Vol.97, No.5, pp.804-811, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2005.080184
- Y. C. Shen and J. McFeeters, "Out-of-pocket health spending between low-and higher-income populations: who is at risk of having high expenses and high burdens?," Medical Care, Vol.44, No.3, pp.200-209, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000199692.78295.7c
- W. Hwang, W. Weller, and H. Ireys, "Out-of-pocket medical spending for care of chronic conditions," Health Affairs, Vol.20, No.6, pp.267-278, 2001.
- T. T. Su, B. Kouyaté, and S. Flessa, "Catastrophic household expenditure for health care in a low-income society: a study from Nouna District, Burkina Faso," Bulletin of the World Health Organization, Vol.84, No.1, pp.21-27, 2006.
- 황연희, "한국의료패널로 본 한국 노인들의 의료 이용 및 의료비 지출," 보건복지포럼, 제182권, pp.51-59, 2011.
- 김윤희, 양봉민, "경제수준에 따른 우리나라 과부담 의료비 지출 추이 분석," 보건경제와 정책연구 (구 보건경제연구), 제15권, 제1호, pp.59-77, 2009.
- J. Lubitz, L. Cai, and E. Kramarow, "Health, life expectancy, and health care spending among the elderly," New England Journal of Medicine, Vol.349, No.11, pp.1048-1055, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa020614
- de Meijer, C. Koopmanschap, and M. d'Uva, "Determinants of long-term care spending: Age, time to death or disability?," Journal of Health Economics, Vol.30, No.2, pp.425-438, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhealeco.2010.12.010
- S. Ozkan, "Income Differences and Health Care Expenditures over the Life Cycle," Society for Economic Dynamics, In 2011 Meeting Papers, No.478, 2011.
- S. R. Machlin, "Health care expenditures for adults with multiple treated chronic conditions: estimates from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, 2009," Preventing Chronic Disease, Vol.10, p.48, 2013.
- M. Marmot, "The influence of income on health: views of an epidemiologist," Health Affairs, Vol.21, No.2, pp.31-46, 2002.
- M. Yoo, "Three essays on health care spending, Doctoral dissertation, Rutgers University-Graduate School-New Brunswick, 2012.
- 한은정, "한국의료패널로 본 우리나라 국민들의 건강행태," 보건복지포럼, 제182권, pp.32-42, 2011.
- 박혜숙, 이금재, "여성노인의 건강행위, 신체기능과 삶의 만족도에 관한 연구," 여성건강간호학회지, 제13권, 제2호, pp.115-122, 2007.
- http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm(Retrieved 2016. 04. 15.)
- K. Xu, Distribution of health payments and catastrophic expenditures methodology, WHO, 2005.
- 송은철, 신영전, "과부담의료비 지출이 빈곤화 및 빈곤 지속에 미치는 영향," 예방의학회지, 제43권, 제5호, pp.423-435, 2010.
- 신영석, "저소득 취약계층의 의료사각지대 해소를 위하여 -자격을 중심으로-," 보건복지포럼, 제98권, pp.20-39, 2004.
- 이원영, "도시가계 의료비 지출의 형평성," 보건행정학회지, 제5권, 제1호, pp.30-56, 2005.
- 허순임, "소득계층별 의료비 부담의 추이," 보건복지포럼, 제149권, pp.48-62, 2009.
- 남해성, 김건엽, 권순석, "삶의 질 조사도구 (EQ-5D)의 질 가중치 추정연구," 질병관리본부, 2007.
- A. J. Lee, R. Gautam, and K. D. Melillo, "A Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey-Based Investigation of Alternative Primary Care Models in Nursing Homes: Cost and Utilization Differences," Research in Gerontological Nursing, Vol.9, No.3, pp.115-122, 2016. https://doi.org/10.3928/19404921-20160404-02
- J. Chen, L. Liu, and Y. Shih, "A flexible model for correlated medical costs, with application to medical expenditure panel survey data," Statistics in Medicine, Vol.35, No.6, pp.883-894, 2016 https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.6743
- 여인권, 손경진, 김영원, "표본조사논문: 일반화 추정방정식을 활용한 소지역 추정과 실업률패널 분석," 응용통계연구, 제4권, 제21호, pp.665-674, 2008.