- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Smart Wireless Intrusion Detection System Implementation for SOHO Environment
SOHO환경을 위한 스마트 무선 침입 탐지 시스템 구현
- Received : 2016.07.04
- Accepted : 2016.08.28
- Published : 2016.10.28
With the development of information technology, Small office Home office(SOHO) is picking up. SOHO generally uses Wi-Fi. The wireless LAN environment using 802.11 protocol is easily affected by DoS attacks. To deal with these threats, there is Wireless Intrusion Detection System(WIDS). However, legacy products of WIDS cannot be easily used by SOHO because they are expensive and require management burden. In this paper, Smart WIDS for SOHO is proposed and implemented on Raspberry Pi2. And, it provides the interface for attack detection notice to android smart phone. Smart WIDS detects Masquerading DoS and Resource Depletion DoS based on IEEE 802.11 so that we notice the attempt of cracking Pre-shared Key(PSK), Man-In-The-Middle(MITM), and service failure.
SOHO Environment;DoS Attack;WIDS;IEEE 802.11;SOHO;DoS
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 경북대학교
- C. D. Mano and A. Striegel, "Resolving WPA limitations in SOHO and open public wireless networks," IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2006), pp.617-622, 2006.
- J. Park, M. Park, and S. Jung, "A whitelistbased scheme for detecting and preventing unauthorized AP access using mobile device," Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Vol.38, pp.632-640, 2013.
- J. Kim, A. Kim, J. Yuk, and H. Jung, "A Study on Wireless Intrusion Prevention System based on Snort," International Journal of Software Engineering and Its Applications, Vol.9, pp.1-12, 2015.
- H. Kim, S. Kim, H. Lee, and H. Jung, "Lightweight System Design & Implementation for Wireless Intrusion Detection System," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol.18, pp.602-608, 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.3.602
- N. Baharudin, F. H. M. Ali, M. Y. Darus, and N. Awang, "Wireless Intruder Detection System (WIDS) in Detecting De-Authentication and Disassociation Attacks in IEEE 802.11," International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS), pp.1-5, 2015.
- W. Hsieh, C. Lo, J. Lee, and L. Huang, "The implementation of a proactive wireless intrusion detection system," International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT'04), pp.581-586, 2004.
- G. Chen, H. Yao, and Z. Wang, "An intelligent WLAN intrusion prevention system based on signature detection and plan recognition," International Conference on Future Networks (ICFN'10), pp.168-172, 2010.
- C. He and J. C. Mitchell, "Analysis of the 802.11 i 4-Way Handshake," ACM workshop on Wireless security, pp.43-50, 2004.
- Ar Kar Kyaw, Yuzhu Chen, and Justin Joseph, "Pi-IDS: evaluation of open-source intrusion detection systems on Raspberry Pi 2," IEEE International Conference on Information Security and Cyber Forensics (InfoSec), pp.165-170, 2015.