- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Case Study on International Technology Transfer of Korean Public Information Systems and Recommendations for NTIS
국내 공공정보시스템의 국제기술이전 사례연구 및 NTIS 제언
- Received : 2016.08.19
- Accepted : 2016.09.08
- Published : 2016.10.28
It is well known that international technology transfer(ITT) is relatively more difficult than the domestic technology transfer because of the difference in interest, technology level, culture and other various macro-environmental conditions. This study aims to derive recommendations for ITT of National Science and Technology Information Service(NTIS) of Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning(MSIP) by conducting case study of ITT in domestic public information systems. The cases are the national agencies that performed successfully in ITT. The cases are Korea Customs Service(KCS)'s customs administration system(UNI-PASS), Public Procurement Service(PPS)'s Korea On-Line E-Procurement System(KONEPS), and Korean Intellectual Property Office(KIPO). After studying on how the cases proceeded ITT, this paper suggests proper preparation strategies in the view point of information marketing.
International Technology Transfer;Information Marketing;NTIS;Overseas Expansion;Public Information System
Supported by : 한국과학기술정보연구원
- Information International Cooperation Office, Increase of Exporting E-government. $34million Accomplished, News Release of Ministry of Security and Public Administration, 2013(7).
- S. M. Lim and J. C. Park, "Global Catch-up in Strategic Item Technologies: Combining International Technology Transfer, Network Absorptive Capacity, and Mutual Development - The Case of KAI's T-50 and AIDC's IDF," J. of Strategic Management, Vol.15, No.1, pp.89-112, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17786/jsm.2012.15.1.004
- J. H. Park, "Development and Application of Checklist for the Evaluation of International Technology Transfer : From the Viewpoint of Licensor," J. of Economics and Management, Vol.26, No.2, pp.57-82, 2008.
- W. H. Davidson and D. G. McFetridge, "Key Characteristics in the Choice of International Technology Transfer Mode," J. of International Business Studies, Vol.16, No.2, pp.5-21, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490448
- S. K. Kim, S. M. Yen, I. J. Kang, and B. H. Lee, "Analysis of the Determinants Influencing Technology Transfer in Government Funded Research Institutes: Focusing on features of National R&D Projects," J. of Contents Association, Vol.16, No.8, pp.624-639, 2016.
- J. Rowley, "Information Marketing: Seven Questions," Library Management, Vol.24, No.1/2, pp.13-19, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/01435120310454476
- Y. J. Soh et al., Information Society and Information Policy, Nanam Pub, 1998.
- L. Robinson, "Six Golden Rules for Marketing Your Information Service Successfully," Business Information Review, Vol.17, No.3, pp.119-124, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0266382004237629
- S. H. Seo et al., Performance Analysis of R&D Information Usage by Customer Value Indicator and Strategy for Information Marketing, Korean Institute of Science and Technology Information, 2014.
- S. Evan-Wang and C. de Freitas, "Marketing an Information Service: A Case Study of the OECD Economic Affairs Secretariat Documentation Centre," Information Service & Use, Vol.15, No.2, pp.117-130, 1995. https://doi.org/10.3233/ISU-1995-15204
- G. Oestreicher-Singer and L. Zalmanson, "Content or Community? A Digital Business Strategy for Content Providers in the Social Age," MIS Quarterly, Vol.37, No.2, pp.591-616. 2013. https://doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2013/37.2.12
- S. R. Sim, "A Study on the Risk Factors in the Export Software," J. of Management and Economics, Vol.33, No.2, pp.223-251, 2011.
- Korea Customs Service, A Study on Economical and Social Impact of Customs Administration System and Overseas Expansion, 2015.
- IMF, United Republic of Tanzania: 2007 Article IV Consultation and First Review Under the Policy Support Instrument-Staff Report; Staff Supplement; Public Information Notice and Press Release on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director for the United Republic of Tanzania, IMF Country Report, No.07/246, 2007.
- R. M. Davison, C. Wagner, and L. Ma, "From Government to E-Government: A Transition Model," Information Technology & People, Vol.18, No.3, pp.280-299, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/09593840510615888
- J. Kaaya, "Implementing e-government services in East Africa: Assessing Status Through Content Analysis of Government Websites," Electronic J. of E-Government, Vol.2, No.1, pp.39-54, 2004.
- http://www.g2b.go.kr/gov/koneps/pt/intro/ intro_03.html
- Digital Times, Constructing Standard Framework for 3rd KIPOnet, 2013.
- S. Park, "Analysis of Economic Impact of NTIS," Spring Conference of Korea Technology Innovation Society, pp.230-240, 2016.