- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Comparison Analysis of Usability Evaluation for Simulation Learning based on Web 3D and Virtual Reality
웹 3D와 가상현실 시뮬레이션 학습의 사용성 평가 비교분석
- 소요환 (한남대학교 멀티미디어학과)
- Received : 2016.07.11
- Accepted : 2016.08.17
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study is analyzed by comparing the evaluation of usability and study achievement for simulation learning based on Web 3D and VR and it is aimed to verify the characteristics of the virtual reality through a difference in studying effect between each learning method. Therefore, this study is analyzed by comparing the evaluation of usability and study achievement for the CSI Forensics Lab simulation content that has been developed in two learning methods for scientific experiments of DNA analysis with the 75 university students of Life Science as a population(Web 3D=37, VR=38). The results of the study, in usability of user task action, exploratory and navigation, Web 3D simulation learning was positive in a significant difference, but in usability of satisfaction, VR simulation learning was positive in a significant difference. In study achievement, Web 3D simulation learning was slightly higher but did not confirm the significant differences between both of learning.
Usability Evaluation;Simulation Learning;Virtual Reality
- A. Antonietti and M. Cantoia, "To see a painting versus to walk in a painting: an experiment on sense-making through Virtual Reality," Computers & Education, Vol.34, Issues.3-4, pp.213-223, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-1315(99)00046-9
- 심규철, 류수정, 김현섭, 김희수, 박영철, "가상현실 기법의 활용이 지식 성취도 향상에 미치는 효과," 한국과학교육학회지, 제23권, pp.1-8, 2003.
- ISO 9241-11, Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals - Part 11: Guidance on Usability, 1998.
- ISO/IEC 25010, Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation, 2011.
- B. Shneiderman, Designing the User Interface: Strategies for Effective Human Computer Interaction, Reading, MA, 1992.
- J. Nielsen, Usability Engineering, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc, 1993.
- P. Jordan, "Human Factors for Pleasure in Product Use," Applied Ergonomics Vol.29, No.1, pp.25-33, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-6870(97)00022-7
- J. L. Gabbard, D. Hix and J. E. Swan, "User-centered Design and Evaluation of Virtual Environments," Computer Graphics and Applications, IEEE, Vol.19, No.6, pp.51-59, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/38.799740
- A. Sutcliffe and K. Kaur, "Evaluating the Usability of Virtual Reality User Interfaces," Behaviour and Information Technology, Vol.19, No.6, pp.415-426, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/014492900750052679
- T. Sitzmann, "A Meta-Analytic Examination of the Instructional Effectiveness of Computer based Simulation Games," Personnel Psychology Vol.64, pp.489-528, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2011.01190.x
- M. Akinsola, "Correlates of Academic Procrastination and Mathematics Achievement of University Undergraduate Students," Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, Vol.3, No.4, pp.363-370, 2007. https://doi.org/10.12973/ejmste/75415
- O. Sowunmi and F. Aladejana, Effect Of Simulation Games And Computer Assisted Instruction On Performance In Primary Science, WEI International Academic Conference, 2013.
- Shin Namin, "Transactional Presence as a Critical Predictor of Success in Distance Learning," Distance Education. Vol.24, No.1, pp.69-86, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/01587910303048
- D. Krathwohl, "A Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy: An overview," Theory into Practice, Vol.41, No.4, p.217, 2002.