- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Radioactive Characterization in the Medical Linear Accelerator Shielding Wall Using Monte Carlo Method
몬테칼로법을 이용한 의료용 선형가속기 차폐벽의 방사화 특성 분석
- Received : 2016.07.25
- Accepted : 2016.08.29
- Published : 2016.10.28
This study analyzed for the radioactive shielding wall, which shields the medical linear accelerator. This allows to evaluate the level of waste with respect to the shield wall, which accounts for more than half of the cost of dismantling later linac facility. In addition, by analyzing the waste processing method according we discuss the way to obtain the benefits in terms of dismantling cost. Results of the simulate, the amount sufficient to screen the amount of neutron radiation occurring in the shielding wall linac was measured. And neutron activation analysis results were analyzed nuclides more than about 20. This analysis was in excess of that,
- 조운갑, 송민철, 김용민, 박병현, 김우란, 방사선 이용시설 국내 운영현황 및 국외 해체사례 분석, 한국원자력안전기술원, 2014.
- 이재호, 사이클로트론 시설 방사성 콘크리트 폐기물 발생량 평가 및 감축기법 개발, 한양대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2016.
- H. W. Fischer, B. E. Tabot, and B. Poppe, "Activation processes in a medical linear accelerator and spatial distribution of activation products," Phys. Med. Biol., Vol.51, pp.N461-N466, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/51/24/N02
- Y. Z. Wang, M. D. C. Evans, and D. B. Podgorsak, "Characteristics of induced activity from medical accelerators," Med. Phys., Vol.32, No.9, pp.2899-2910, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2001767
- European Commission Nuclear Safety and the Environment, Evaluation of the Radiological and Economic Consequences of Decommissioning Particle Accelerators, Leuxembourg, 1999.
- E. T. Cheng and G. Saji, "Activation and waste management considerations of fusion materials," Journal of nuclear materials, Vol.212-215, No.1, pp.621-627, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3115(94)90134-1
- Bob Major, Pet cyclotron Design for Decommissioning and Waste Inventory Reduction, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2009.
- R. Calandrino, A. del Vecchino, A. Savi, S. Todde, V. Griffoni, S. Brambilla, R. Parisi, G. Simone, and F. Fazio, "Decommissioning Procedures for an 11 MeV Self-shielded Medical Cyclotron After 16 Years of Working Time," Health Phys., Vol.90, No.6, pp.588-596, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.HP.0000190161.96172.ae
- International Atomic Energy Agency, Decommissioning of Medical, Industrial and Research Facilities, IAEA in Austria, 1999.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, Safety Report Series No.47 Radiation Protection in the Design of Radoitherapy Facilities, 2006.
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Shielding Technology for High Energy Radiation Production Facility, 2004.
- R. A. Forrest, FISPACT-2007: User manual, UKAEA FUS 534, 2007.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA GSG-1: Classification of Radioactive Waste, IAEA in Vienna, 2009.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, Safety guide RS-G-1.7: application of the concepts of Exclusion, Exemption and clearance, IAEA in Austria, 2004.
- 이정옥, 정동혁, 강정구, "24MV 의료용 선형가속기의 중성자 발생에 관한 연구," 의학물리학회, Vol.16, No.2, 2005.
- 박은태, "MCNPX를 이용한 방사선 치료실의 광중성자 선량 평가," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.15, No.6, 2015.