- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Road marking classification method based on intensity of 2D Laser Scanner
신호세기를 이용한 2차원 레이저 스캐너 기반 노면표시 분류 기법
- Park, Seong-Hyeon (Yeungnam University) ;
- Choi, Jeong-hee (Daegu University) ;
- Park, Yong-Wan (Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2016.07.04
- Accepted : 2016.08.10
- Published : 2016.10.31
With the development of autonomous vehicle, there has been active research on advanced driver assistance system for road marking detection using vision sensor and 3D Laser scanner. However, vision sensor has the weak points that detection is difficult in situations involving severe illumination variance, such as at night, inside a tunnel or in a shaded area; and that processing time is long because of a large amount of data from both vision sensor and 3D Laser scanner. Accordingly, this paper proposes a road marking detection and classification method using single 2D Laser scanner. This method road marking detection and classification based on accumulation distance data and intensity data acquired through 2D Laser scanner. Experiments using a real autonomous vehicle in a real environment showed that calculation time decreased in comparison with 3D Laser scanner-based method, thus demonstrating the possibility of road marking type classification using single 2D Laser scanner.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- M. Kang, S. Hur, Y. Park, "Map Building based on Sensor Fusion for Autonomous Vehicle," Proceedings of IEEE 2014 Information Technology: New Generations, pp. 490-495, 2014.
- S. Im, J. Im, S. Yoo, G. Jee, "Pedestrian Safety Road Marking Detection Using LRF Range and Reflectivity," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 62-68, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.1.062
- T. Li, D. Zhidong, "A New 3D LIDAR-based Lane Markings Recognition Approach," International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 2197-2202, 2013.
- D. An, "Detection of driving lane using road lane and mark information," Master's Thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2010 (in Korean).
- H. Guan, J. Li, Y. Yu, C. Wang, M. Chapman, B. Yang, "Using mobile laser scanning data for automated extraction of road markings," ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, pp. 93-107, 2014.
- F. Blais, J.A. Beraldin, S. El-Hakim, "Range error analysis of an integrated time-of-flight, triangulation, and photogrammetric 3D laser scanning system", Proceedings of SPIE Aero Sense, Vol. 4035, 2000.
- J. Hancock, M. Hebert, C. Thorpe, "Laser intensity based obstacle detection," Proceedings of the Intelligent Robots and System, Victoria, BC, Canada, vol. 3, pp. 1541-1546, 1998.
- M. Lee, "Obstacle Classification Method using Multi-Feature based on 2D LIDAR," Master's Thesis, Yeungnam University, 2015 (in Korean).
- I. Oh, "Computer Vision," Hanbitacademy 2014 (in Korean).
- N. Otsu, "A Threshold Selection Method from Gray-Level Histograms," Transactions on Systems, MAN, and Cybernetics, Vol. SMC-9, No. 1, pp. 62-66, 1979.
- O. Hadjiliadis, I. Stamos, "Sequential classification in point cloud of urban scenes," Proceedings of 3DPVT, 2010.
- I. Oh, "Pattern Recognition," Kyobobook 2008 (in Korean).
- Y. Bin, D. Hui-chuan, "Image Stabilization by Combining Gray-Scale Projection and Block Matching Algorithm," Proceedings of IT in Medicine & Education, Vol. 1, pp. 1262-1266, 2009.
- K. Briechle, U. D. Hanebeck, "Template Matching using Fast Normalized Cross Correlation", Proceedings of SPIE, V.4387, Optical Pattern Recognition XII, pp. 95-102, 2001.
- D. M. Tsai, C. T. Lin, "Fast normalized cross correlation for defect detection", Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol. 24, No. 15, pp. 2625-2631, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8655(03)00106-5