- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement Method of Forest Fire Caused by Waste Incineration at the Farming Residential Area
농촌 주거지역 쓰레기소각으로 인한 산불화재 개선방안에 관한 연구
- Lee, Young-Sam (Sung Woo Engineering Co., Ltd.)
- 이영삼 ((주)성우엔지니어링)
- Received : 2016.07.20
- Accepted : 2016.09.20
- Published : 2016.09.30
Currently the forest area is 6,370,000 hectare (ha) which occupies 63.7% in Korea. The forest has good functions such as production of forest products, conservation of national land, prevention of disasters, etc. However constructing houses near the forest area make bad situation like illegal waste incineration by resident. So research subject is forest fire caused by waste incineration place including facility. And this study was conducted about statistical analysis and research analysis of the 100 waste incineration places including facilities at the country town. Statistical analysis shows that March is 27% which percentage is the highest number of forest fire in 10 years' average. The number of forest fire caused by waste incineration is 45 which is the third highest number in the fire statistic. The distance between waste incineration place including facility and forest area is 30m, 40m and 50m. That 40m (36%) is the most common distance from forest area. The types of waste incineration are ground (62%), the temporary facility made with oil drum can (35%) and other made with steel sheet, concrete, etc. The result of this study is that government and local government must conduct the improvement measure to reduce illegal incineration such as waste pickup area made with rain and wind proof type installed near residence, expenses for waste treatment, enlightenment and training, etc. Also considering their age and income are needed for realistic improvement.
- Kang Young-Sim.(1997), "(A) Study on The Japanese Exploitation of Korean Forest under the Japanese Colonial rule and Korean Response to that Exploitation, Doctor's degree." Ewha Womans University.
- Yun Young-Kyun.(1992), "Origin of Korea Forest." The Society for Forests and Culture, 1(2):38-39.
- Song Dong-Woo, Lee Su-Kyung.(2013), "Evaluation of the Radiant Heat Effects according to the Change of Wind Velocity in Forest Fire by using WFDS." Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, 27(3):1-7.
- Seoul National University Press(2012) Korea Forest.
- National Forestry Cooperative Federation. (1992) "Importance of Conservation of nature", 318:20-33.
- Koo Kyo-Sang, Lee Byung-Doo, Lee Myung-Bo, Lee Si-Young, Kim Jeong-Hun, Park Houng-Sek, Park Geon-Young. (2010), "Forest Fire Ignition Patterns Caused by Farming Activities", 24(1):103-110.
- Kim Dong-Hyun, Ko Je-Sun, Choi Se-Whan, Kim Kwang-Il.(1999), "A study on fire investigation & calorie analysis of main trees in Go-sung wildfire land." Korean Institute of Fire Science & Engineering, 13(1):31-36.
- Korea Forest Service.(2016), 2015 Year Fire Statistics Yearbook.