- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Chuna Manual Therapy Combined Acupuncture for Trigeminal Neuralgia: A Systematic Review
삼차신경통에 대한 추나와 침 복합치료의 효과: 체계적 문헌고찰
- Received : 2016.09.19
- Accepted : 2016.10.10
- Published : 2016.10.31
Objectives To determine the effectiveness of Chuna manual therapy combined acupuncture for trigeminal neuralgia. Methods We searched 6 electronic databases (Pubmed, CAJ, Oasis, RISS, DBPIA, KoreanTK) and 2 journals up to August 2016. We included randomized controlled trials (RCTs) using Chuna manual therapy combined acupuncture for trigeminal neuralgia. The methodological quality of each RCT was assessed by the Cochrane risk of bias tool. Results 3 RCT studies were eligible in our review. The meta-analysis of 3 studies showed favorable results for the use of Chuna manual therapy combined acupuncture. High risk of bias were observed in all studies. Conclusions Although there are favorable results with meta-analysis, our systematic review are highly dependent on the single source of Chinese electrical database, CAJ. Now limited evidence is available to support Chuna manual therapy combined acupuncture for trigeminal neuralgia and further well-designed RCTs should be encouraged.
Chuna manual therapy;Trigeminal Neuralgia;Systematic Review;Meta-Analysis;Traditional Korean Medicine
- Ahn JM, Kim JH, Hong SJ. Clinical features and management of the patients with trigeminal neuralgia in Korea. Oral Bio Res. 2011;35(2):116-21. https://doi.org/10.21851/obr.35.2.201109.116
- Scrivani SJ, Mathews ES, Maciewicz RJ. Trigeminal neuralgia. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endol 2005;100(5):527-38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tripleo.2005.06.004
- Han KR, Kim YS, Kim C. Clinical features of trigeminal neuralgia. Korean J Pain 2007;20(2):174-80. https://doi.org/10.3344/kjp.2007.20.2.174
- Heo JY, Tae IH, Ko MY, Ahn YW: The effects of low level laser therapy on current perception in trigeminal neuralgia patients. Korean J Oral Med 2008;33(1):97-103.
- Choi JH, Jeong JH, Lee JC, Rhee DH, Choi JH, park SY. A Case Report of Bogigeopung-san Applied on Trigeminal Neuralgia. J Korean Med Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2013;26(3):87-94. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2013.26.3.087
- Liu H, Li H, Xu M, Chung KF, Zhang SP. A systematic review on acupuncture for trigeminal neuralgia. Altern Ther Health Med. 2010 Nov-Dec;16(6):30-5.
- Jo JK, Seong EJ, Youn IH, Hong SH, Park MC. Two Cases Report of Galgunhaegui-tang Applied on Trigeminal neuralgia. J Korean Med Ophthalmology Otolaryngology Dermatology. 2007;20(3):243-50.
- Jeong SH, Kim JY, Park CK, Min EK, Sohn SC. A case report of the patient with Trigeminal neuralgia treated by bee venom pharmacoacupuncture therapy. Korean J Acupuncture. 2008;25(5):197-204.
- Yang TJ, Lee JH, Kim SW, Jeong JY, Wei TS. A Case of Trigeminal Neuralgia Treated by Korean Medical Treatment Including Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture. Korean J Acupuncture. 2013;31(4):225-8.
- Lee YK, Kwon OG. A caes report about the patient with trigeminal neuralgia treated by 8 constitution acupuncture. J East-west med. 2012;37(3):65-70.
- Ahn SH, Jo EH. A Improving Case Report of Idiopathic Trigeminal Neuralgia by Body-form Correction. Korean J Acupuncture. 2016;33(1):37-45. https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2016004
- Higgins JPT, Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 4.2.6 [updated September 2006]. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.; 2006.
- Mou Y. Clinical Efficacy of acupuncture and Tuina treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. World Latest Med Info. 2016;16(35):172-3.
- Liu DM. Clinical Efficacy of acupuncture and Tuina treatment with Cupping therapy of Trigeminal Neuralgia. Inner Mongolia Med J. 2013;45(5):584-5.
- Zhao YP, Han W. Trigeminal Neuralgia for Clinical Acupuncture and Tuina treatment. Chin Med Pharm. 2008;36(3):35-6.
- Ko YJ, Kim KY, Hur YK, Choi JK. A Study on Clinical Features and Pharmacologic Treatment Outcomes of Patients with Trigeminal Neuralgia. Korean J Oral Med. 2009;34(2):207-16.
- Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna Manual Medicine, 2nd edition. Seoul: Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2014:26-37.
Supported by : 부산대학교