- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Retrospective Analysis of Traffic Accident Inpatients in Korean and Western Medicine Hospital
교통사고로 입원한 한방병원과 양방병원의 환자에 대한 후향적 분석
- Received : 2016.09.19
- Accepted : 2016.10.10
- Published : 2016.10.31
Objectives The purpose of this study is to investigate traffic accident patients who were admitted to Korean and Western medicine hospital. Methods According to the medicine record from Dong-eui university, 908 traffic accident patients who were admitted to Korean medicine hospital and Western medicine hospital from 1st January 2011 to 31th July 2016 were analyzed. We classified the patients' sex, age, classification of diseases, hospitalization. Results 1. According to age and sex, the rate of male was 35.4%, and that of female was 64.6% in Korean medicine hospital. However, the rate of male was 46.6%, and that of female was 53.4% in Western medicine hospital. 2. According to admission procedures, the most patients (93.3%) went through out-patient department in Korean medicine hospital and 53.5% of patients went through emergency room in Western medicine hospital. 3. According to principal diagnosis, 'sprain and strain of neck level' was 65.4 percentage Korean medicine hospital and 'intracranial injury' was 63.2 percentage in Western medicine hospital. 4. There was no statistical significant in hospitalization periods between male and female in Korean medicine hospital. However, hospitalization periods of female were longer than that of male in Western medicine hospital. 5. There was no correlation between age and hospitalization period in both Korean and Western medicine hospital. 6. Average hospitalization period of Korean medicine hospital patients were shorter than that of Western medicine hospital patients. 7. According to automobile insurance review organization, hospitalization periods were not significantly different in both Korean and Western medicine hospital. Conclusions It is concluded that there is difference of characteristics between inpatients who were admitted to Korean and Western medicine hospital due to traffic accident.
Traffic accident;Korean medicine hospital;Western medicine hospital;Inpatient;Hospitalization period
- Jo HG, Park AR, Kee YB, Kang DH, Choi JB, Sul JU. A Clinical Trial on the Blood Stasis and Efficacy of Kyejibokryong-whan(Guizhifuling-wan) in the Patients with Motor Vehicle Accident. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2011;21(3):45-55.
- Cho SW. Survey on Expectation of Korean Medicine Treatment in 39 Cases by Traffic Accident. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;23(3):189-99.
- Park SY, Lee YK, Kim JS, Lim SC, Lee BH, Jung TY, Ha ID, Han SW, Lee KM. Survery of Oriental Medical Care for Traffic Accident Patients with Automobile insurance; 544 Cases Report. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(3):1-10.
- Jang YC, Park HH, Lee EY, Yoo CS, Cho HE. Traffic Accident Comparison of OECD member country. Seoul: Koroad. 2006:4-39.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Medicine Rehabilitation 3rd edition. Seoul:Koonja publisher. 2011:204-5,254.
- Kim EG, Lee DG, Jeong WJ, Cho HS, Bae JI, Kim SH, Kim KH. The Clinical Study on 500 Cases with Traffic Accident Patients Admitted in Korean Medical Hospital. The Acupuncture. 2009;26(5):29-38.
- Kook KH, Oh MS. The Analysis of 509 Admission Patients in Korean Medical Hospital due to Traffic Accident. Journal of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 2012;22(4):169-83.
- Shin JH, Oh MS. The Retrospective Analysis of 1,162 Traffic Accident Inpatients in Korean Medicine Hospital. Journal of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 2013;23(4):233-50.
- Lee YS. How to Write and Issue Medical Certificates. Seoul:Korean Medical Association. 2015:59-79.
- Kim ST, Song MY, Kim DH, Lee EJ, Kwon MG, Sul JU, Kim SJ, Bae GJ, Choi JB. Clinical Study on Pain Index, Radiological Evaluation and MMPI of Traffic Accident Patient. Journal of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 2015;25(1):77-85. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.1.077
- Kim EG, Cha YY. A Study on Characteristics of Skin Resistance Variability(SRV) in the Traffic Accident Patients Prescribed Dangkisoo-san(Dangguixu-san). Journal of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 2008;18(3):119-32.
- Lee JE, Jung HK, Ryu CR, Cho MR, Wi J, Ryu MS, Kim JY. The Clinical Study on 120 Cases with Traffic Accident. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(6):135-44.
- Koroad. Statistical Data of Traffic Accident Casualty in 2013. Available from: URL:http://www.data.go.kr/comm/file/download.do?atchFileId=FILE_000000001230411&fileDetailSn=1.
- Jung KH, Hwang HS, Jeon JC, Kim MS, Park JY, Lee TH, Lee EY, Roh JD. Correlation Analysis of Subjective Stress Caused by Traffic Accident with Prognosis. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(6):161-9.
- Kim BC, Han EJ, Lee YJ, Lee MJ. The Statistics Study of Admission Patients to the Oriental Medical Hospital due to Traffic Accident. Journal of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine. 2002;12(1):31-9.