- Volume 27 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design of the Satellite Beacon Receiver Using Array Based Digital Filter
다중배열 디지털필터를 이용한 위성비콘 수신기 설계
- Lee, Kyung-Soon (A&P Technology Co., Ltd.) ;
- Koo, Kyung-Heon (Department of Electronic Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2016.07.11
- Accepted : 2016.09.30
- Published : 2016.10.31
The beacon receiver is an equipment which detects and measures the signal strength of transmitting satellite beacon signal. Beacon signals transmitted by satellites are low power continuous wave(CW) signals without any modulation intended for antenna steering to satellite direction and power control purposes on the earth. The beacon signal detection method using a very narrow band analog filter and RSSI(Received Signal Strength Intensity) has been typically used. However, it requires the implementation to track the frequency at the beacon receiver, thus a beacon frequency variation of the satellite due to temperature changes and long-term operation. Therefore, in this paper, the beacon signal detection receiver is designed by using a very narrow band digital filter array for a faster acquisition and SNR(Signal to Noise Ratio) method detection. For this purpose, by calculating the satellite link budget with the rain attenuation between satellite and ground station, and then extracting the received
- Steve Weller, Satellite Tracking, University of Newcastle, pp. 5-12, 2013.
- New Technology Development Division, Millimeter Wave Propagation Spectrum Management Implications, Federal Communications Commission, p. 1, 1997.
- Gayekh, Satellite Link Budget, Intelsat, pp. 5,12, 2015
- Eivind Brauer Mikkelsen, The Design of a Low Cost Beacon Receiver System using Software Defined Radio, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, p. 11, 2009.
- Service Division, ST-2 Technical and Operational Document, SingTel, pp. 11, 2011.
- Development Division, RTR50 Tracking Receiver, Peak Communication Ltd, p. 9, 2014.
- Elena Punskaya, Design of FIR Filters, University of Cambridge, pp. 69-73, 2010.