- Volume 29 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Casein Supplementation Does Not Affect the Estimates of True Total Tract Digestibility of Phosphorus in Soybean Meal for Growing Pigs Determined by the Regression Method
- Liu, J.B. (Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University) ;
- Adeola, O. (Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University)
- Received : 2015.10.07
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.11.01
Forty-eight barrows with an average initial body weight of
- Adeola, O. and K. E. Ileleji. 2009. Comparison of two diet types in the determination of metabolizable energy content of corn distillers dried grains with solubles for broiler chickens by the regression method. Poult. Sci. 88:579-585. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2008-00187
- Al-Masri, M. R. 1995. Absorption and endogenous excretion of phosphorus in growing broiler chicks, as influenced by calcium and phosphorus ratios in feed. Br. J. Nutr.74:407-415. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19950144
- Ajakaiye, A., M. Z. Fan, T. Archbold, R. R. Hacker, C. W. Forsberg, and J. P. Phillips. 2003. Determination of true digestive utilization of phosphorus and the endogenous phosphorus outputs associated with soybean meal for growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 81:2766-2775. https://doi.org/10.2527/2003.81112766x
- Akinmusire, A. S. and O. Adeola. 2009. True digestibility of phosphorus in canola and soybean meals: Influence of microbial phytase. J. Anim. Sci. 87:977-983. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2007-0778
- AOAC (Association of Official Analytical Chemists International). 2006. Official Methods of Analysis. 18th edn. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Arlington, VA, USA.
- Cromwell, G. L. 1980. Biological availability of phosphorus for pigs. Feedstuffs 52:38-42.
- Dilger, R. N. and O. Adeola. 2006. Estimation of true phosphorus digestibility and endogenous phosphorus loss in growing pigs fed conventional and low-phytate soybean meals. J. Anim. Sci. 84:627-634. https://doi.org/10.2527/2006.843627x
- Fan, M. Z., T. Archbold, W. C. Sauer, D. Lackeyram, T. Rideout, Y. Gao, C. F. M. de Lange, and R. R. Hacker. 2001. Novel methodology allows simultaneous measurement of true phosphorus digestibility and the gastrointestinal endogenous phosphorus outputs in studies with pigs. J. Nutr. 131:2388-2396. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/131.9.2388
- Fan, M. Z. and W. C. Sauer. 2002. Additivity of apparent ileal and fecal phosphorus digestibility values measured in single feed ingredients for growing-finishing pigs. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 82:183-191. https://doi.org/10.4141/A01-072
- Al-Masri, M. R. and K. D. Gunther. 1988. The influence of different phosphorus supply on phosphorus turnover in growing broiler chicks by means of 32P isotope. Aalam Al-Zarra. 7-14.
- Jongbloed, A. W., H. Everts, and P. A. Kemme. 1991. Phosphorous availability and requirements in pigs. In: Recent Advances in Animal Nutrition. (Eds. W. Haresign and D. J. A. Cole). Butterworth, London, UK. pp. 65-80.
- Jongbloed, A. W., Z. Mroz, and P. A. Kemme. 1992. The effect of supplementary Aspergillus niger phytase in diets for pigs on concentration and apparent digestibility of dry matter, total phosphorus, and phytic acid in different sections of the alimentary tract. J. Anim. Sci. 70:1159-1168. https://doi.org/10.2527/1992.7041159x
- Liu, J. B., D. W. Chen, and O. Adeola. 2013. Phosphorus digestibility response of broiler chickens to dietary calcium-tophosphorus ratios. Poult. Sci. 92:1572-1578. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2012-02758
- Liu, J. B., D. W. Chen, and O. Adeola. 2014a. Casein supplementation does not affect true phosphorus digestibility and endogenous phosphorus loss associated with soybean meal for broiler chickens determined by the regression method. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 94:661-668. https://doi.org/10.4141/cjas2013-170
- Liu, J. B., Y. K. Yang, J. He, and F. K. Zeng. 2014b. Comparison of two diet types in the estimation of true digestibility of phosphorus in soybean and canola meals for growing pigs by the regression method. Livest. Sci. 167: 269-275. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.livsci.2014.06.009
- Mutucumarana, R. K., V. Ravindran, G. Ravindran, and A. J. Cowieson. 2015. Measurement of true ileal phosphorus digestibility in maize and soybean meal for broiler chickens: Comparison of two methodologies. Anim. Feed Sci. Technol. 206:76-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2015.05.011
- NRC (National Research Council). 2012. Nutrient Requirements of Swine. 11th edn. National Academy Press, Washington, DC, USA.
- Petersen, G. I. and H. H. Stein. 2006. Novel procedure for estimating endogenous losses and measurement of apparent and true digestibility of phosphorus by growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 84:2126-2132. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2005-479
- Pettey, L. A., G. L. Cromwell, and M. D. Lindemann. 2006. Estimation of endogenous phosphorus loss in growing and finishing pigs fed semipurified diets. J. Anim. Sci. 84:618-626. https://doi.org/10.2527/2006.843618x
- Poulsen, H. D., A. W. Jongbloed, P. Latimier, and J. A. Fernandez. 1999. Phosphorus, consumption, utilization and losses in pig production in France, The Netherlands and Denmark. Livest. Prod. Sci. 58:251-259. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-6226(99)00013-5
- Raboy, V. 1997. Accumulation and Storage of Phosphate and Minerals. In: Cellular and Molecular Biology of Plant Seed Development (Eds. B. A. Larkins and I. K. Vasil). Springer Netherlands, Dordrecht, The Netherlands. pp. 441-477.
- Selle, P. H., A. J. Cowieson, and V. Ravindran. 2009. Consequences of calcium interactions with phytate and phytase for poultry and pigs. Livest. Sci. 124:126-141. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.livsci.2009.01.006
- Shen, Y., M. Z. Fan, A. Ajakaiye, and T. Archbold. 2002. Use of the regression analysis technique to determine the true phosphorus digestibility and the endogenous phosphorus output associated with corn in growing pigs. J. Nutr. 132:1199-1206. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/132.6.1199
- Stein, H. H., C. T. Kadzere, S. W. Kim, and P. S. Miller. 2008. Influence of dietary phosphorus concentration on the digestibility of phosphorus in monocalcium phosphate by growing pigs. J. Anim. Sci. 86:1861-1867. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2008-0867
- Weremko, D., H. Fandrejewski, T. Zebrowska, I. K. Han, J. H. Kim, and W. T. Cho. 1997. Bioavailability of phosphorus in feeds of plant origin for pigs. Asian Australas J. Anim. Sci. 10:551-566. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1997.551
- Zhai, H. and O. Adeola. 2013. True total-tract digestibility of phosphorus in corn and soybean meal for fifteen-kilogram pigs are additive in corn-soybean meal diet. J. Anim. Sci. 91:219-224. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2012-5295
- Effects of dietary total phosphorus concentration and casein supplementation on the determination of true phosphorus digestibility for broiler chickens pp.1828-051X, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/1828051X.2017.1346489