- Volume 23 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Nonlinear aerostatic stability analysis of Hutong cable-stayed rail-cum-road bridge
- Xu, Man (School of Civil Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University) ;
- Guo, Weiwei (School of Civil Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University) ;
- Xia, He (School of Civil Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University) ;
- Li, Kebing (School of Civil Engineering, Beijing Jiaotong University)
- Received : 2016.03.21
- Accepted : 2016.09.12
- Published : 2016.12.25
To investigate the nonlinear aerostatic stability of the Hutong cable-stayed rail-cum-road bridge with ultra-kilometer main span, a FEM bridge model is established. The tri-component wind loads and geometric nonlinearity are taken into consideration and discussed for the influence of nonlinear parameters and factors on bridge resistant capacity of aerostatic instability. The results show that the effect of initial wind attack-angle is significant for the aerostatic stability analysis of the bridge. The geometric nonlinearities of the bridge are of considerable importance in the analysis, especially the effect of cable sag. The instable mechanism of the Hutong Bridge with a steel truss girder is the spatial combination of vertical bending and torsion with large lateral bending displacement. The design wind velocity is much lower than the static instability wind velocity, and the structural aerostatic resistance capacity can meet the requirement.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundations
- Boonyapinyo, V., Yamada, H. and Miyata T. (1994), "Wind-induced nonlinear lateral-torsional buckling of cable-stayed bridges", J. Struct. Div. - ASCE, 486-506.
- Boonyapinyo, V., Lauhatanon, Y. and Lukkunaprasit P. (2006), "Nonlinear aerostatic stability analysis of suspension bridges", Eng. Struct., 28(5), 793-803. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.10.008
- Cheng, J., Jiang, J.J., Xiao, R.C. and Xiang, H.F. (2002), "Advanced aerostatic stability analysis of cable-stayed bridges using finite-element method", Comput. Struct., 80, 1145-4458. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(02)00079-2
- Cheng, J., Jiang, J.J. and Xiao, R.C. (2003), "Aerostatic stability analysis of suspension bridges under parametric uncertainty", Eng. Struct., 25, 1675-1684. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(03)00146-9
- Cheng, J., Jiang, J.J., Xiao, R.C. and Xiang, H.F. (2004), "Nonlinear aerostatic stability analysis of Jiangyin suspension bridge", Eng. Struct., 24, 773-781.
- Fu, B., Wang, Z.Y., Zhao, Y. and Yang, L. (2015), "Stochastic optimal control of stayed cable vibrations with wide-band random wind excitation using axial support motion", Adv. Struct. Eng., 18(9), 1535-1550. https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43184.108.40.2065
- Huang, B., Seresh, R.F. and Zhu, L.P. (2013), "Statistical analysis of basic dynamic characteristics of large span cable-stayed bridge based on high order perturbation stochastic FEM", Adv. Struct. Eng., 16(9), 1499-1512. https://doi.org/10.1260/1369-43220.127.116.119
- Li, Y.L., Wang, S. and Che, Y.Y. (2014a), "Analysis on aerostatic response for Hong kong-Zhuhai-Macao Great Bridge in construction stage", Appl. Mech. Mat., 455, 220-223.
- Li, Y.L., Wang, D.X., Wu, C.P. and Chen, X.Z. (2014b), "Aerostatic and buffeting response characteristics of catwalk in a long-span suspension bridge", Wind Struct., 19(6), 665-686. https://doi.org/10.12989/was.2014.19.6.665
- Ministry of Transport of the People's Republic of China. (2004), Wind-resistant Design Specification for Highway Bridges ( JTG/T D60-01 -2004), China Communications Press, Beijing, China. (In Chinese)
- Xia, H., Roeck, G.D. and Goicolea, J.M. (2011), Bridge Vibration and Control: New Research, Nova Science Publishers, New York, USA.
- Xu, F.Y. and Chen, A.R. (2009), "Aerostatic response analysis on Sutong Bridge". Eng. Mech., 26 (1), 113-119 (in Chinese).
- Xu F.Y., Chen A.R., Zhang Z. (2013). "Aerostatic wind effects on the Sutong Bridge", Proceedings of the ISDEA 2013, IEEE, Piscataway, USA.
- Wang, X.Y. and Xiong, R. (2011), "Study on wind resistance strategy and stability calculation of a single-span suspension bridge", Appl. Mech. Mat., 90-93, 1082-1086. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.90-93.1082
- Zhang, W.M., Ge, Y.J. and Levitan, M.L. (2013a), "Nonlinear aerostatic stability analysis of new suspension bridges with multiple main spans", The Brazilian Society of Mech. Sci. Eng., 35, 143-151. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-013-0011-4
- Zhang, W.M., Ge, Y.J. and Levitan, M.L. (2013b), "A method for nonlinear aerostatic stability analysis of long-span suspension bridges under yaw wind", Wind Struct., 17(5), 553-564. https://doi.org/10.12989/was.2013.17.5.553
- Zhang, X.J. and Yao, M. (2015), "Numerical investigation on the wind stability of super long-span partially earth-anchored cable-stayed bridges", Wind Struct., 21(4), 407-424. https://doi.org/10.12989/was.2015.21.4.407
- Zhang, J.M. (2015), "Buffeting time-domain analysis and study on wind-resistance measure under construction for super kilometer-span highway-railway steel truss cable-stayed bridge", Master's dissertation, Southwest Jiaotong University, China.
- Numerical Study on Aerostatic Instability Modes of the Double-Main-Span Suspension Bridge vol.2018, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7458529