- Volume 66 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Development of Real-time Monitoring Techniques for Synchronous Electric Generator Systems
동기 발전기 시스템의 실시간 모니터링 기술 개발
- Cho, Hyun Cheol (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Ulsan College)
- Received : 2017.10.03
- Accepted : 2017.11.22
- Published : 2017.12.01
Synchronous generators have been significantly applied in large-scale power plants and its monitoring systems are additionally established to sequentially observe states and outputs. We develop a computer based monitoring device for three-phase synchronous power generators in this paper. First, a test-bed of such generator system is created and then a interface board is constructed to transfer electric signals including the output voltage and the current from generators into a computer system via a data acquisition device. Its RMS(root-mean-square) values are continuously shown on a screen of computer systems and its time-histories graphs are additionally illustrated under a graphic user interface(GUI) mode. Lastly, we carry out real-time experiments using the generator system with the monitoring device to demonstrate its reliability and superiority by comparing results of a generic power analyzer which is well-used in measuring various power systems practically.
- H. Cho, "Robust adaptive voltage control of electric generators for ships," J. of Institute of Control, Robotics & Systems, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 326-331, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2016.16.0027
- P. Fornasiero, M. Graziani, Renewable resources and renewable energy : A global challenge, CRC Press, 2011.
- A. Khodaei, "Provisional microgrids," IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 1107-1115, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2014.2358885
- E. Ghahremani, I. Kamwa, "Online state estimation of a synchronous generator using unscented Kalman filter from phasor measurements units," IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1099-1108, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2011.2168225
- S. Nadarajan, S. Panda, B. Bhangu, A. K. Gupta, "Online model-based condition monitoring for brushless wound-field synchronous generator to detect and diagnose stator windings turn-to-turn shorts using extended Kalman filter," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 3228-3241, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2016.2535959
- M. Kovacic, Z. Hanic, M. Vrazic, "Design of large synchronous turbo-generator monitoring system," Int. Conf. on Electrical Machines, pp. 1631-1636, 2012.
- M. Rouhani, M. Mohammadi, M. Arefi, "Automated monitoring and performance assessment of a grid connected synchronous generator considering power system stabilizer," Int. Cong. on Electric Industry Automation, pp. 43-48, 2015.
- M. Salah, K. Bacha, A. Chaari, M. Benbouzid, "Brushless three-phase synchronous generator under rotating diode failure conditions," IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 594-601, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2014.2312173
- A. Esipovich, D. Kabanov, J. Stefka, "System for monitoring automatic excitation regulators of synchronous generators with brushless excitation systems," Power Technology & Engineering, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 93-97, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10749-016-0666-y