- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Fundamental Behaviors of the Middle Slab in a Double-Deck Tunnel for Design Guide Development
복층터널 중간슬래브 설계 기준 마련을 위한 기본 거동 특성 분석
- Park, Hee Beom ;
- Cho, Young Kyo ;
- Lee, Young Hoon ;
- Kim, Seong-Min (Department of Civil Engineering, Kyung Hee University)
- 박희범 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과) ;
- 조영교 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과) ;
- 이영훈 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과) ;
- 김성민 (경희대학교 공과대학 사회기반시스템공학과)
- Received : 2017.01.10
- Accepted : 2017.01.24
- Published : 2017.02.15
PURPOSES : The purpose of this study is to investigate the fundamental behaviors such as stresses and deflections of the middle slab in a double-deck tunnel for the development of a middle slab design guide. METHODS : The middle slab has been divided into the following three different sections as according to its structural differences: the normal section, expansion joint section, and emergency passageway section. The normal section of middle slab represents the slab supported by brackets installed continuously along the longitudinal direction of tunnel lining. The expansion joint section refers to a discontinuity of middle slab due to the existence of a transverse expansion joint. The emergency passageway section has an empty rectangular space in the middle slab that acts as an exit in an emergency. The finite element analysis models of these three sections of middle slab have been developed to analyze their respective behaviors. RESULTS : The stresses and deflections of middle slab at the three different sections decrease as the slab thickness increases. The emergency passageway section yields the largest stresses and deflections, with the normal section yielding the smallest. CONCLUSIONS : The stress concentrations at the corners of the passageway rectangular space can be reduced by creating hunch areas at the corners. The stresses and deflections in the emergency passageway section can be significantly decreased by attaching beams under the middle slab in the passageway area.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- ABAQUS (2007), User's Manual Version 6.7, Hibbit, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc., Pawtucket, R. I.
- Arlet, A. (2012), Tunnel A86 Duplex: A Private Initiative, International Seminar on Long Road Tunnels, World Road Association-PIARC, Chile.
- Kannapiram, R.K.M. (2005), A Study and Evaluation on SMART Project, Malaysia, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Southern Queensland.
- Kim, G.H., Choi, J.D., Jun, D.C., Shin, I.J., Sim, D.H. (2010), "A Case Study for the 1st Double-level Tunnel for Light vehicle in Urban Area in Korea", Korean Geotechnical Society, Fall National Conference, pp.1302-1313.
- Kim, S.H. (2010), Large Tunnels for Transportation Purposes and Face Stability of Mechanically Driven Tunnels in Soft Ground, Ph.D. Dissertation, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Kim, H.S., Kim, H.M. (2012), "A study on cross sectional characteristics and available area for using the lower space in TBM road tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Volume 14, Issue 2, 2012, pp.141-157. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.2.141
- MOLIT (2011), Load Design Manual (Tunnel), Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, Korea.
- MOLIT (2016), Korean Standard Bridge Design Code, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, Korea.
- Santhiman, M. S., Weei, L. H. (2006), ITS of SMART, PIARC International Seminar on Intelligent Transport System (ITS) In Road Network Operations, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Behavior of Middle Slab in Double-Deck Road Tunnel under Construction Loading vol.20, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2018.20.5.103