- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Three-Phase Phase-Locked Loops for Distorted and Unbalanced Grids
- Li, Kai (School of Automation Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China) ;
- Bo, An (School of Automation Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China) ;
- Zheng, Hong (School of Automation Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China) ;
- Sun, Ningbo (Jinan Huizhi Electric Power Technology Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2016.04.19
- Accepted : 2016.09.07
- Published : 2017.01.20
This paper studies the performances of five typical Phase-locked Loops (PLLs) for distorted and unbalanced grid, which are the Decoupled Double Synchronous Reference Frame PLL (DDSRF-PLL), Double Second-Order Generalized Integrator PLL (DSOGI-PLL), Double Second-Order Generalized Integrator Frequency-Lock Loop (DSOGI-FLL), Double Inverse Park Transformation PLL (DIPT-PLL) and Complex Coefficient Filter based PLL (CCF-PLL). Firstly, the principles of each method are meticulously analyzed and their unified small-signal models are proposed to reveal their interior relations and design control parameters. Then the performances are compared by simulations and experiments to investigate their dynamic and steady-state performances under the conditions of a grid voltage with a negative sequence component, a voltage drop and a frequency step. Finally, the merits and drawbacks of each PLL are given. The compared results provide a guide for the application of current control, low voltage ride through (LVRT), and unintentional islanding detection.
Supported by : Sichuan Science and technology, Central Universities
- Q. Wang, M. Cheng, and Y. Jiang, "A novel controller of electric springs based on bode diagram optimization," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 1396-1406, Jul. 2016. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.4.1396
- W. Wang, L. Yan, X. Zeng, B. Fan, and J. M. Guerrero, "Principle and design of a single-phase inverter based grounding system for neutral-to-ground voltage compensation in distribution networks," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. PP, No. 99, pp. 1-1, Sep. 2016.
- V. Kaura and V. Blasco, "Operation of a phase locked loop system under distorted utility conditions," in 11th Annual Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), Mar. 1996.
- K. Young and R. A. Dougal, "SRF-PLL with dynamic center frequency for improved phase detection," in 2009 IEEE International Conference on Clean Electrical Power, pp. 212-216, Jun. 2009.
- U. S. Seong and S. H. Hwang "Analysis of phase error effects due to grid frequency variation of SRF-PLL based on APF," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.18-26, Jan. 2016. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.1.18
- S. K. Chung, "A phase tracking system for three phase utility interface inverters," IEEE Trans Power Electron., Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 431-438, May 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.844502
- H. Awad, J. Svensson, and M. J. Bollen, "Tuning software phase-Locked loop for series-connected converters," IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 300-308, Jan. 2005.
- B. Sen, D. Sharma, and B. C. Babu, "DSRF and SOGI based PLL-two viable scheme for grid synchronization of DG systems during grid abnormalities," in 2012 Students Conference on Engineering and Systems (SCES), pp.1-6, Mar. 2012.
- S. Gao and M. Barnes, "Phase-locked loop for AC systems: analyses and comparisons," in 6th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD), pp. 1-6, Mar. 2012.
- P. Rodriguez, J. Pou, J. Bergas, J. I. Candela, R. P. Burgos, and D. Boroyevich, "Decoupled double synchronous reference frame PLL for power converters control," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 584-592, Mar. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.890000
- A. Nicastri and A. Nagliero, "Comparison and evaluation of the PLL techniques for the design of the grid-connected inverter systems," in 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), pp. 3865-3870, Jul. 2010.
- K. Li, A type of three phase lock loop base on reverse park transformer, China patent. 201310179102, 2013.
- Z. Xing and Z. Chongwei, PWM rectifier and its control, China Machine PRESS, 2012.
- X. Guo, W. Wu, and Z. Chen, "Multiple-complex coefficient-filter-based phase-locked loop and synchronization technique for three-phase grid-interfaced converters in distributed utility networks," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 1194-1204, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2041738
- P. Tan, H. He, and X. Gao. "A frequency-tracking method based on SOGI-PLL for wireless power transfer system to assure operation in resonant state," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol.16, No.3, pp.1056-1066, May 2016. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.3.1056
- P. Rodriguez, A. Luna, I. Etxeberria, J. R. Hermoso, and R. Teodorescu, "Multiple second order generalized integrators for harmonic synchronization of power converters," in IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 2239-2246, Sep. 2009.
- P. Rodriguez, A. Luna, I. Candela, R. Mujal, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, "Multi-resonant frequency-locked loop for grid synchronization of power converters under distorted grid conditions," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 127-138, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2042420
- P. Rodriguez, A. Luna, M. Ciobotaru, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, "Advanced grid synchronization system for power converters under unbalanced and distorted operating conditions," in 32nd Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics(IECON), pp. 5173-5178, Nov. 2006.
- P. Rodirguez, A. Luna, I. Candela, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, "Grid synchronization of power converters using multiple second order generalized integrators," in 34th Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON), pp.755-760, Nov. 2008.
- M. Ciobotaru, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, "A new single-phase PLL structure based on second order generalized integrator," in 37th IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC), pp.1-6, 2006.
- X. Zhao, X. Jin, and F. Zhou, "A frequency-locked loop technology of grid-connected inverters based on the reduced order resonant controller," in Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 33, No. 15, pp. 38-44, May 2013.
- R. Teodorescu, M. Liserre, and P. Rodriguez, Grid converters for photovoltaic and wind power systems, John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- Benchmarking simulation and theory of various PLLs produce orthogonal signals under abnormal electric grid conditions pp.1432-0487, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-017-0660-x