- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Safety Evaluation of Concert Hall Floor Vibration Using Numerical Analysis Model
수치해석모델을 이용한 콘서트 홀 바닥진동 안전성 평가
- Roh, Ji-Eun (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Dankook Univ.) ;
- Heo, Seok-Jae (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Dankook Univ.) ;
- Moon, Dae-Ho (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Dankook Univ.) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyun (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Dankook Univ.) ;
- Rha, Chang-Soon (School of Architecture, Kookmin Univ.)
- Received : 2017.08.25
- Accepted : 2017.10.27
- Published : 2017.12.29
In this paper, the floor vibration of an example concert hall building was measured and floor safety criteria were analytically checked through comparison between experimental and analytical results. The floor bottom plate model was constructed considering the composite effect and the analytical model was modified to have the natural frequency identical to the measured one. Also, time history analysis was conducted using the dynamic loads induced by human rhythmic movement during a musical performance, and the analytically calculated floor accelerations were similar to the measured one. Based on this model, the floor vibration level due to the group activities of about 400 persons, maximum available persons for the concert hall, was estimated. It was confirmed that the human induced dynamic loads applied to the column and beam would be much lower than the design strength. In addition, the horizontal acceleration level is just 2% of the design seismic load, so the concert hall is safe in both vertical and horizontal excitations by human rhythmic movements.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Lee, S.H., Woo, S.S., Chung, L., Lee, D.G. (2013) Field Measurements for Identification of the Vibration Accident Cause of a 39-Story Steel Building Structure. J. Archit. Inst. Korea Struct. & Constr., 29(3), pp.19-27. https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_SC.2013.29.3.19
- Caprioli, A., Castellani, A., Cigada, A., Vanali, M. (2005) Vibration Monitoring of the G. Meazza Stadium in Milano during Concerts and Football Matches, In 23rd International Modal Analysis Conference (IMAC XXIII).
- Ha, S., Ha, M. (2009) An Analysis of the Entertainment Element in the Urban Entertainment Center, J. Archit. Inst. Korea, Planning & Design Section, 25(4), pp.63-72.
- Feldmann, M., Heinemeyer, C., Butz, C., Caetano, E., Cunha, A., Galanti, F., Lukic, M. (2009) Design of Floor Structures for Human Induced Vibrations, JRC-ECCS Joint Report.
- Midas IT (2016) Midas Gen Analysis Manual.
- Reynolds, P., Pavic, A. (2006) Vibration Performance of a Large Cantilever Grandstand during an International Football Match, J. Perform. Constr. Facil., 20(3), pp.202-212. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(2006)20:3(202)
- International Standards Organization (ISO) (1989) Evaluation of Human Exposure to Whole-Body Vibration-Part 2: Human Exposure to Continuous and Shock-Induced Vibrations in Buildings (1 to 80 Hz).
- International Standards Organization (ISO) (2007) ISO 10137: Bases for Design of Structures - Serviceability of Buildings and Walkways Against Vibrations.
- Smith, A.L., Hicks, S.J., Devine, P.J. (2007) SCI P354: Design of Floors for Vibration: A New Approach.
- Wyatt, T.A. (1989) AISC#11: Design Guide on the Vibration of Floors. London: Steel Construction Institute.
- BSI, B. (1996) BS 6399-1: Loading for Buildings. Code of Practice for Dead and Imposed Loads. BSI, London, UK.