- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Determination of Efficient Shear Stud Spacing in Steel-Concrete Panel(SCP) considering Local Buckling Behavior
국부좌굴 현상을 고려한 강판 콘크리트 패널의 효율적인 스터드 배치 간격 설정
- Kim, JoungRae (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Lee, WonHo (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST) ;
- Kwak, Hyo-Gyoung (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, KAIST)
- Received : 2017.09.29
- Accepted : 2017.11.02
- Published : 2017.12.29
In this paper, finite element analysis of Steel-Concrete panel(SCP) was conducted considering the local buckling behavior and the optimized design of shear studs arrangement was studied by comparing with design guidelines. If the spacing of the studs of SCP is widened, it is easy to be manufactured and the weight fo members become lighter. On the other hand, the steel plate would be vulnerable to the local buckling behavior. Therefore, the guidance and design of SCP limit the maximum spacing of the studs to prevent the development of shear cracks and local buckling, however this is based on the design criteria of the other composite structures. Parameter studies with changes in stud spacing on steel plate and SCP are conducted and the obtained result was compared with values given in design guidelines.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- AASHTO (1996) American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Standard Specifications for High-way Bridges, 16th Edition.
- ABAQUS (2013) ABAQUS Analysis User's Manual version 6.13, Dassault Systemes Simulia Corp.
- ACI (2008) Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary, Farmington Hills, Michigan, p.503.
- AISC (2005) Specifications for Structural Steel Buildings, Chicago, IL, p.460.
- Cho, S.G., Lim, J.S., Jeong, Y.D., Yi, S.T. (2014) Analytical Study for Design of Shape and Arrangement Spacing of Studs in Steel Plate Concrete (SC) Wall subjected to Shear and Axial Forces, J. Korea Inst. Struct. Maint. & Insp., 18(4), pp.67-76. https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2014.18.4.067
- DNV (2010) Assessment of the INCA Steel-Concrete -Steel Sandwich Technology, Det Norske Veritas Public Report.
- Eurocode 4, EN1994-1-1 (2004) Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures, Part1.1 General Rules and Rules for Buildings, European Union, p.118.
- Faella, C., Mazzolani, F.M., Piluso, V., Rizzano, G. (2000) Local Buckling of Aluminium Members: Testing and Classification, J. Struct. Eng., 126(3), pp.353-360. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2000)126:3(353)
- Japan Electric Association (1987) Technical Guidelines for Aseismic Design of Nuclear Power Plants.
- Korea Electric Association (2010) Nuclear Safety Related Structures : Steel-Plate Concrete Structure, KEPIC-SNG.
- Lee, J.B., Kim, W.K., Suh, Y.P., Kim, K.S., Lee, K.K. (2015) A Revisional Trend of the KEPIC SNG(Code of Steel-plate Concrete Structure in Korean Nuclear Power, Mag. & J. Korean Soc. Steel Constr., 27(5), pp.31-37. https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2015.27.1.031
- Lee, K.J., Yi, S.T. (2015) R&D Status of SC(Steel Plate Concrete) Structure of Nuclear Power Plant, Mag. Korea Concr. Inst., 27(5), pp.40-43. https://doi.org/10.22636/MKCI.2015.27.5.40
- Shin, D.K., Hwang, Y.Y. (2015) An Experimental Study on Bending Capacity of SC(Steel Concrete) Panel, Proc. Korea Concr. Inst., 1-2.
- Zhang, K., Varma, A.H., Malushte, S.R., Gallocher, S. (2014) Effect of Shear Connectors on Local Buckling and Composite Action in Steel Concrete Composite Walls, Nucl. Eng. & Design, 269, pp.231-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2013.08.035
- Timoshenko, S.P., Gere, J.M. (1961) Theory of Elastic Stability, McGrawHill.