- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Collision Behaviors Analysis of Sandwich Concrete Panel for Outer Shell of LNG Tank
LNG외조를 구성하는 샌드위치 콘크리트 패널의 충돌거동해석
- Lee, Gye Hee (Dept of Ocean & Plant Construction Engineering, Mokpo National Maritime University)
- 이계희 (목포해양대학교 해양.플랜트건설공학과)
- Received : 2017.10.24
- Accepted : 2017.11.13
- Published : 2017.12.29
In this study, the collision analysis of SCP(Sandwich Concrete Panel) composing the outer tank of LNG storage was performed and its collision behavior was analyzed. For the same collision energy value proposed in BS7777 code, the collision conditions are composed by using two types of missiles and various collision speeds. Nonlinear dynamic analysis models were constructed to perform numerical analysis on the various collision conditions. Also, the collision behavior was analyzed assuming that the second collision with the same collision energy occurs at the same point after the first collision. As a result of the analysis, it was found that with smaller missile and low collision speed had caused larger deformation. The collision energy dissipated in ratio of about 6: 4 in the outer steel plate and the inner filling concrete. In the results of double collision analysis, the final collisional deformation was dominated by the size of the second missile, and the amount of deformation due to the second collision was smaller than that of the first collision because of the membrane behavior of the steel plates. In the offset double collision cases, the largest deformation occurs at the secondary collision point regardless of the offset distance.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- DNV (2011) Safety Principles and Arrangements, DNV-OS-A101, DET NORSKE VERITAS.
- Hong, K.Y., Lee, G.H. (2014) Collision Analysis of Submerged Floating Tunnel by Underwater Navigating Vessel, J. Comput. Struct. Eng. Inst. Korea, 27(5), pp.369-377.(in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2014.27.5.369
- Hyundai Heavy Industry (2015) General Approval of 60K HMLST, Structure Research Dep., HHI.
- Jiang, H., Chorzepa, M.G. (2014) Aircraft Impact Analysis of Nuclear Safety-related Concrete Structures: A Review, Eng. Fail. Anal., 46, pp.118-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2014.08.008
- Lee, G.H., Hong, K.Y. (2011) A Study for the Evaluation of Ship Collision Forces for the Design of Bridge Pier I : Mean Collision Force, J. Korean Soc. Civil Eng., 31(3A), pp.119-206.(in Korean)
- Lee, S.W., Jun, H.Y., Kim, J.J., Kim, J.H., Lee, K.W. (2014) Analysis Evaluation of Impact Behavior of 270,000kL LNG Storage Outer Tank from Prestress Force Loss, KIGAS, 18(1), pp.31-40.(in Korean)
- OECD (2014) Improving Robustness Assessment Methodologies for Structures Impacted by Missiles (IRIS2012) :Final Report, OECD.
- Sadiq, M., Yun, Z.X., Rong, P. (2014) Simulation Analysis of Impact Tests of Steel Plate Reinforced Concrete and Reinforced Concrete Slabs against Aircraft Impact and its Validation with Experimental Results, Nucl. Eng. & Des., 273, pp.653-667. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2014.03.031
- Simulia Co. (2012) ABAQUS Analysis User's Manual, Simulia.
- Sohel, K.M.A., Liew, J.Y.R. (2014) Behavior of Steel-Concrete-Steel Sandwichslabs Subject to Impact Load, J. Constr. Steel Res., 100, pp.163-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2014.04.018
- Thai, D.K., Kim, S.E. (2015) Failure Analysis of UHPFRC Panels Subjected to Aircraft Engine Model Impact, Eng. Fail. Anal., 57, pp.88-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2015.07.005